MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Flying Dutchmen

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

stuball888 wrote:Still uncommitted incoming freshmen. Matthias Tass 6ft10 220 out of Estonia. Saddiq Bey 6ft7 195 from Washington DC. Also Luka Brajkovic 6ft9 210 from Austria
Tass committed to St. Mary's in September, Brajkovic also committed to Davidson back in March.

Bey isn't a HS Senior, he's a freshman transfer from NC State, Villanova looks to be the leader to land him.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

This sounds like the old game CLUE. I think the recruit must be Col. Mustard, wearing #13, in the Mack Arena, with a basketball. We need some more information to figure out who the #13 might be.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Looked at a couple of sights that said they were all available. Could they have decommitted
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The Shadow wrote:This sounds like the old game CLUE. I think the recruit must be Col. Mustard, wearing #13, in the Mack Arena, with a basketball. We need some more information to figure out who the #13 might be.
Yeah something like that but SID isn't showing all his cards I believe. R u sworn to secrecy SID or what? Cmon throw us a few hints so we can investigate the internet. Lol
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Isn’t #13 Antoine Agudio
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Think he meant scholarship #13.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Forgot to put LOL after my comment
garyg

Post by garyg »

Mystery recruit is ????????????????????????????????
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

coaches letter - has us landing Dan Dwyer bigman transfer from UPenn - another Ivy transfer (Koon)....and just like that we have 4 new bigs on our roster (2 of them have 7 years of eligibility).
nice work coaches - recruiting these bigs - now they can start going after what they are really good at - recruiting guards with upside.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

daHUPride wrote:coaches letter - has us landing Dan Dwyer bigman transfer from UPenn - another Ivy transfer (Koon)....and just like that we have 4 new bigs on our roster (2 of them have 7 years of eligibility).
Looks like Dwyer has been injured for significant parts of the last two seasons, seems to be a bench guy, might have a small impact if he can stay healthy.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:
daHUPride wrote:coaches letter - has us landing Dan Dwyer bigman transfer from UPenn - another Ivy transfer (Koon)....and just like that we have 4 new bigs on our roster (2 of them have 7 years of eligibility).
Looks like Dwyer has been injured for significant parts of the last two seasons, seems to be a bench guy, might have a small impact if he can stay healthy.
Agree - certainly looks like a role-player - if we get a bigger role-player - I am OK with a flyer on a one and done, to fill the roster.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Don't know what to say. Its a body. Barely played at Upenn. Looks like best year played about 5 minutes per game. Over his years at Upenn he has no real stats to consider. Based on the info thats out there looks like a decent size body to put on the court in a pinch.

Hope he got more than the stats indicate. I guess we simply must assume that JM sees something in him that can help the team.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Chances are he's bright and was well coached so that's probably a plus
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

ZMAN3 wrote:Chances are he's bright and was well coached so that's probably a plus
Assuming everyone is healthy, most nights he'll just be needed for 8-10 mins of serviceable play. Hope he can provide that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:
ZMAN3 wrote:Chances are he's bright and was well coached so that's probably a plus
Assuming everyone is healthy, most nights he'll just be needed for 8-10 mins of serviceable play. Hope he can provide that.

This is a tough signing to figure but an experienced player with a high basketball IQ couldn't hurt but how will that translate in terms of impact on the court. The jury will be out on this to some extent until we see how it plays out.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
cactus wrote:

This is a tough signing to figure but an experienced player with a high basketball IQ couldn't hurt but how will that translate in terms of impact on the court. The jury will be out on this to some extent until we see how it plays out.
Not much else out there - coach probably couldn't commit many minutes to many others potential signees out there - getting a 6'8", high IQ player isn't the worst signing - to lengthen the bench and buys some time for us bridge over some of our younger bigs (Hunter, Schutte, Radovic) - but not expecting much.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Coach believes Dwyer can give us 10-15 minutes of quality time per game...he will serve as a backup and insurance policy for Taylor and others. Good get in my opinion...Coach's son is on the Penn staff and I'm he got a good read on the kid.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:Coach believes Dwyer can give us 10-15 minutes of quality time per game...he will serve as a backup and insurance policy for Taylor and others. Good get in my opinion...Coach's son is on the Penn staff and I'm he got a good read on the kid.
Great to hear; even before this signing we had one of the deepest teams in the MIhalich era (and probably since I have been following Hofstra which has been since 2004). Seems like coach has really done well in building this team for now and the long term with plenty of underclassmen to go with the upperclassmen that should provide the bulk of the minutes.

HUSID - Do you have any insight on the potential extra year of eligibility for Taylor?
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID74 wrote:Coach believes Dwyer can give us 10-15 minutes of quality time per game...he will serve as a backup and insurance policy for Taylor and others. Good get in my opinion...Coach's son is on the Penn staff and I'm he got a good read on the kid.

Maybe I'm missing something. If Dwyer is to get 10-15 minutes per game, and I assume Taylor must be good for at least 25, then Schutte is shut out. Or is KS not ready for more than a few minutes per game, or is Taylor not expected to play more than 20, or can two of the three be on the court at the same time for a few minutes per game. Is Taylor healthy or still recovering? If they all are healthy, seems like someone will not get playing time.

Also, has anyone seen or know of Kante's game. Are we to assume he is the 5 for the next three years (after sitting this season) with KS as the backup for the same period? Is he capable of playing time at the 4? If JT gets a second season, we could be very deep with big men next year :)