MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by triplec2195 »

V/C finally showing Dan Dwyer committed. That seemingly took a long time and I now wonder when it will show up on GOHOFSTRA. If it wasn't for the e-mail by Joe I believe we would all be still waiting for the announcement of this signing. I know it has been mentioned numerous times but is there any inside info. on the status of a second year of eligibility for Taylor. Is it being discussed or has the paper work been completed? Maybe this discussion is being presumptuous/premature but obviously important in the great scheme of things!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I sent an email to VC re: Dwyer....can't believe that it was such a secret! As for a second year for Taylor, I've heard nothing so far...maybe will get some news next week.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:I sent an email to VC re: Dwyer....can't believe that it was such a secret! As for a second year for Taylor, I've heard nothing so far...maybe will get some news next week.
Yea VC seems to not necessarily due its own research on commits for schools like Hofstra. I think last year I had sent them an e-mail for a commit that gohofstra had an article on but wasn't on VC yet. They also have Buie listed in the wrong year which I e-mailed them about last year but I guess since there isn't any article saying he had a medical redshirt they haven't updated it.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:I sent an email to VC re: Dwyer....can't believe that it was such a secret! As for a second year for Taylor, I've heard nothing so far...maybe will get some news next week.
It's crazy that you have to do their job for them and do they require any proof or do they just publish info. they receive?
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

triplec2195 wrote:
It's crazy that you have to do their job for them and do they require any proof or do they just publish info. they receive?
I don't think verbal commits does any sort of research on there own; I think they are essentially just aggregate data. Which is why it isn't always 100% accurate and coach has even said in the past some of the people sites have listed that we are recruiting we have never recruited.