WRHU Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
The Shadow

Re: WRHU Sports

Post by The Shadow »

To HUSID74, Thanks. You seem to be the only poster that has some input to the HU Athletic Administration.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

The Shadow wrote:To HUSID74, Thanks. You seem to be the only poster that has some input to the HU Athletic Administration.
Come to the pride lounge before Hofstra games. Rick Cole (and in past years Jeff Hathaway) are in there for at least 15 minutes or so talking with everyone.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I'm there every game...come say hello.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:I'm there every game...come say hello.
I was responding to Shadow. I know you are in the pride lounge every game. I am one of the people that is with username Flying Dutchmen from these boards.

I was just pointing out that the AD and even the coaches do a great job of being open and approachable to anyone. I think half of the information we have in the recruiting thread is from the questions you have asked the coaches in the pride lounge.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Yup, great opportunity to meet them and ask questions...more of us on this Board should take advantage of it!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I should probably know this, but how do you get access to the Pride Lounge? I thought it was based on the type of ticket you have or donations. Is that correct?

I'm a season ticket holder for the past five years, but i don't believe that grants me access.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Pride97 wrote:I should probably know this, but how do you get access to the Pride Lounge? I thought it was based on the type of ticket you have or donations. Is that correct?

I'm a season ticket holder for the past five years, but i don't believe that grants me access.
Pride97 I believe it may be some combination of season ticket holder and Pride Club member. I will find out for sure and post the answer on this forum for all to see.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Thanks HUSID!
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:
Pride97 wrote:I should probably know this, but how do you get access to the Pride Lounge? I thought it was based on the type of ticket you have or donations. Is that correct?

Pride97 I believe it may be some combination of season ticket holder and Pride Club member. I will find out for sure and post the answer on this forum for all to see.
You need to donate at least $500 to the pride club. I would definitely recommend joining it; they provide food and drinks pregame and at halftime. In addition one of the assistant coaches comes in before each game to give us the scouting report and answer questions.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok there you have it...well worth...they even serve complimentary beer and wine this year.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I feel like season tickets should come with that donation. Not like HU sells out. I may be totally off, and that's fine, but I don't think people should have to donate $500 plus still have to get tix, should be a package and that's the added benefit of joining the club.

Is that crazy to think?
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:I feel like season tickets should come with that donation. Not like HU sells out. I may be totally off, and that's fine, but I don't think people should have to donate $500 plus still have to get tix, should be a package and that's the added benefit of joining the club.

Is that crazy to think?
Not at all!

Premium seats ($20 each) would be $320 total for the entire 16-game home schedule... so the additional $180 for the Pride Club extras seems more than reasonable... especially when, as you noted, attendance is normally sparce at most games.

At the very least, throw in a game package for all of the CAA homes games and pay for only the non-conference games in addition to the $500 deal?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

If all season tix holders have access to the Lounge it would be chaos....It's the PRIDE CLUB Lounge so join the Pride Club and get access!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

HUSID74 wrote:If all season tix holders have access to the Lounge it would be chaos....It's the PRIDE CLUB Lounge so join the Pride Club and get access!
Exactly. You want to play, you gotta pay.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:If all season tix holders have access to the Lounge it would be chaos....It's the PRIDE CLUB Lounge so join the Pride Club and get access!
Agreed; they are essentially two different things. I know St Johns does the same thing with the red white club. I am sure most if not all major college programs do the same.
Polito

Post by Polito »

That does all make sense...

I guess I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. IMO HU needs more fan engagement, they should be seeking to increase involvement and donations, and one way is of course the Pride Club.

Regardless of the lounge size, to me it's more about enticing everyone to be a part of that club, which increases the number of serious fans and their interaction. I would think it's more about getting as many involved as possible, and I thought it would be very enticing to have tickets included - or perhaps a package as someone stated.

This shouldn't be about limiting the club due to lounge access - that's silly - HU needs as many participating fans as possible, and these 'club' things are a great way to improve that area.

I can't make every game, so lounge access to me isn't enough to drop decent coin. So is it wise to just turn someone like me off, or to find another way to make me want to engage. Isn't about the money for me either, I'm thankfully well established, it's about time and value. No one with a family, career and/or business is going to be able to attend all games, so if I go to a handful each year then I need some additional incentive. Otherwise I'll just keep getting premium seats to the handful of games I can make. Better to find a way to grab more of my donation money, no?

I'm happy to do it, I love the school and the program, but I'm not just giving money - I understand lounge access is a cool benefit if you use it enough, but considering trust level is very low in terms of what HU actually does with our money, I need more to sway me.

A package of games, premium seating would be perfect I think. And that would prob be enough value for someone like me to dive in. Tier it, more money more games, etc. I'm sure there are very interesting and cool ways to do it beyond what I am thinking...

Just a thought.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Polito wrote:That does all make sense...

I guess I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. IMO HU needs more fan engagement, they should be seeking to increase involvement and donations, and one way is of course the Pride Club.

Regardless of the lounge size, to me it's more about enticing everyone to be a part of that club, which increases the number of serious fans and their interaction. I would think it's more about getting as many involved as possible, and I thought it would be very enticing to have tickets included - or perhaps a package as someone stated.

This shouldn't be about limiting the club due to lounge access - that's silly - HU needs as many participating fans as possible, and these 'club' things are a great way to improve that area.

I can't make every game, so lounge access to me isn't enough to drop decent coin. So is it wise to just turn someone like me off, or to find another way to make me want to engage. Isn't about the money for me either, I'm thankfully well established, it's about time and value. No one with a family, career and/or business is going to be able to attend all games, so if I go to a handful each year then I need some additional incentive. Otherwise I'll just keep getting premium seats to the handful of games I can make. Better to find a way to grab more of my donation money, no?

I'm happy to do it, I love the school and the program, but I'm not just giving money - I understand lounge access is a cool benefit if you use it enough, but considering trust level is very low in terms of what HU actually does with our money, I need more to sway me.

A package of games, premium seating would be perfect I think. And that would prob be enough value for someone like me to dive in. Tier it, more money more games, etc. I'm sure there are very interesting and cool ways to do it beyond what I am thinking...

Just a thought.
They already offer multi-game packages, weekend packages, etc.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Just because our attendance isn't the best, doesn't mean Hofstra has to give away its premium perks to everyone. I dont live as close to Hofstra as most, but when I get to go to a game, I really enjoy the Pride Lounge (Thanks to Flying Dutch and HofstraMathew.) Hofstra does an excellent job with that room. Year after year, it gets better.

The team playing better should be incentive enough to go to the games . If we actually became consistent with the wins, we would run into a huge problem with allowing everyone into the lounge. In a way, it would hurt fan relations when they had to restrict people who were once allowed in under the Polito plan. People would be butt hurt to be told the donation would have to be bigger, or some sort of commitment would have to be made. By having this donation amount in place, people understand what is expected. If they dont want a part of it, its all good. No need to pile on something that is something that is done correctly at our school. Not everyone with season tickets has this access, but as an earlier poster said, you have to pay to play.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

To be fair to the school, they've been incredibly easy to work with to get people to the games. The ticket office is working hard to get students/alum/local fans engaged. They have been pushing ticket deals/events all year to try to generate interest. I like what the new AD has done to try to stimulate interest this year. We have the team the community can rally around.

Season tickets are discounted significantly from face value. That makes sense, when your attendance for a Thursday game is 1100, and you seat 5k, why would anyone pay $20 for a premium seat? The school rewards people who always show up. If you're a fan, you should probably just buy two season tickets on principle, even if you can only make a few games, it would probably be less than $200.

The real point of the Pride Club is to donate money to the athletic department if you have it. You should donate because you want to. There is no pressure to donate. The PL is a perk of donating, and it's probably more bang for your buck than you would get at most schools if you donate the $500 minimum.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Is anyone privy to how we're doing with ticket sales for tonights game and also COC on Saturday. I'm hoping we have a respectable number of tickets sold for these games considering how important they're.