UC San Diego

Discussions about the rest of the college sports world
stuball888

UC San Diego

Post by stuball888 »

Now can someone also explain to me why the CAA would accept UC San Diego in to the CAA as an associate member in Womens rowing. Why would UC San Diego want to travel over 3,000 miles to compete in this sport. Is it just me or is this insane
EvanJ

Re: UC San Diego

Post by EvanJ »

Division III has the Coast to Coast Athletic Conference. It has eleven teams including Pratt Institute on Brooklyn. It has two teams in California, which are UC Santa Cruz and Mills College in Oakland. The other eight teams are Christopher Newport in Newport Beach, VA; Finlandia in Hancock, MI; Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA; Mount Mary (a women's college) in Milwaukee; Pine Manor in Chestnut Hill, MA; St. Mary's College of Maryland in St. Mary's City; Salisbury in Salisbury, MD; and Southern Virginia in Buena Vista, VA.

Back when the Big East existed for Football but had many schools that didn't play Football, there was speculation that Boise State and San Diego State would play Football in the Big East.
Wags

Re: UC San Diego

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote:Now can someone also explain to me why the CAA would accept UC San Diego in to the CAA as an associate member in Womens rowing. Why would UC San Diego want to travel over 3,000 miles to compete in this sport. Is it just me or is this insane
Maybe for extra practice, they'd want to row to this coast instead of fly? :D