Towson Positive Test

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Towson Positive Test

Post by EvanJ »

Towson's games today, tomorrow, and the first two CAA weekends were canceled. I don't know if the CAA will do midweek travel to makeup games.
4EverDutch

Re: Towson Positive Test

Post by 4EverDutch »

And it begins....really hope the colleges are willing to navigate this for Hoops as they have for football. Should be manageable with the scheduling format and if you don't make up all the games no big deal. Regular season is all about seeding anyway.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

This was probably the easiest games to reschedule since it was with their travel partner. They could make up the games individually since it would be home and away anyway.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hofstra hosts them 1/23 and 1/24. Hopefully everyone virus free by then.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraMathew wrote: This was probably the easiest games to reschedule since it was with their travel partner. They could make up the games individually since it would be home and away anyway.
Not just their travel partner. They won't go to Elon after that.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Won't be easy, but I do believe they'll get through it, it's already begun and college hoops has already navigated many challenges - the majority of teams are active and playing, over 95% or so, and that's much better than it was at the start.

Let's see how it goes coming out of the holidays and in conf play, but I'm optimistic. As I said very early on to much doubt, college football would happen, would likely play the season (although shortened / with some bumps), and would crown a champ...and they did and are about to. Hoops will be the same, and is already on that track. It is what it is, for better or worse.

So with that, I want to send big prayers and well wishes to all - I love that we have sports, but more importantly want everyone to be safe and healthy. And big blessings to our friend Jay Wright and Nova, as he has tested positive and they are pausing activities.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 5703916546