PG - Juan'ya Green
SG - Charles Jenkins
SG - Loren Stokes
SG - Justin Wright-Foreman

In guards we trust.
The Shadow

Re: Golden State Signed Eli Pemberton

Post by The Shadow »

This discussion caused me to go over the Hofstra record book. I did not see these HU greats play, but the numbers for Bill Thieben in the 1950's and Steve Nisenson in the 1960's just jump off the page. They both played only three years and against mostly nondivision 1 teams, but Thieben's rebound total for a career is over 500 more that Rokas Gustys. Thieban had a HU record of 43 rebounds in ONE GAME. Thieben has the all time scoring average of 26.9ppg to Nisenson's 26.8ppg. Thieben was drafted by the Pistons when there were only a total of EIGHT NBA franchises and played for two seasons. There was recently a Steve Nisenson article on the GoHofstra site that details his HU career and is a fun historical read. Maybe there should be another list of all time HU teams from the early years and then another for the Division 1 era. There could also be one for the various decades. I think it is difficult to look at basketball numbers before the 3 point shot because the game was played in a much different style. It is only speculation as to what Nisenson's scoring totals would have been with the 3 point line and an additional NCAA year. I would enjoy hearing from some of the posters who did see these two all time Hofstra greats play and tell some of their favorite recollections.
Dooku25

Re: Golden State Signed Eli Pemberton

Post by Dooku25 »

Love everyone's lists but nobody has mentioned Antoine Agudio who scored almost 2,300 pts in his HU career.

For me, its tough to put together a starting 5 all time team because HU is really Guard U. There are too many guards to choose from but if I were to rank them, I would go:

1- Speedy
2- Charles Jenkins
3- JWF
4- Loren Stokes
5- Antoine Agudio
6- Desure Buie and Eli Pemberton (can't rank one ahead of the other)
7- Juan'ya Green