Game 5 vs. Stony Brook, 12/9/20, 7 PM on Flosports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Game 5 vs. Stony Brook, 12/9/20, 7 PM on Flosports

Post by triplec2195 »

There were a lot of issues on Saturday as we have all mentioned but when I watched the women's game on Sunday I had no issues and the audio was remarkably better.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne wrote: I believe the CAA has a league contract with Flosports, so we are stuck with that for now. ESPN3 is free (if you already have ESPN), Flosports is not.
ESPN3 is free, but many games including our games at St. Bonaventure and Richmond will be on ESPN Plus.

http://defiantlydutch.blogspot.com/2020 ... brook.html is Jerry Beach's "I'll Be Quirky: SUNY-Stony Brook."

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=321360 will have statistics.

Edit: Jerry wrote that KenPom predicts us to win 75-67, which is almost the same is picking us over Iona 76-67. The combination of line of 8 and over/under of 144.5 at https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... las-vegas/ predicts 76.25-68.25, so that rounds to 76-68.

The statistics say Stony Brook has 14 available players, and we have 13. Before the starters are announced, they list the available players. The news is that Cowart is not listed. He averages 10 minutes and doesn't have more than 4 of any statistic total (not per game).
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Good find, Cowart is not listed on the roster anymore.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Say what now??? :shock: what is this all about, something going on??
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: Say what now??? :shock: what is this all about, something going on??
I searched online and didn't find any news. I was thinking about who played the fewest minutes in his only season for us. Gibson Jr. played 6 minutes last season in his only season so far, but he doesn't count until if and when he leaves without playing again. Cowart's 30 are fewer than Hal Hughes's 69 last season, Jermaine Miranda's 45 last season, and Bryant Crowder's 55 in 2011-2012. Those were the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

We're using the same starters.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Still forcing Green :roll: Gonna need Mike to explain this one to me at some point lol - and now I'm super intrigued by Cowart and what's up there...

Anyhoo, on to the game, need to play MUCH better and start doing so tonight in the battle for LI - let's GO fellas.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Wow, he's off the team roster on the Pride site - that right there is not a good sign obviously, looks like 'he gone'. Can't wait to hear this story!

BURGESS, all youuuuuuuuuuu young man, time to RISE UP big time.

And if he's ready, I'd LOVE to see Zion on the floor tonight - let's get another guard ready to go now...
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:Still forcing Green :roll: Gonna need Mike to explain this one to me at some point lol - and now I'm super intrigued by Cowart and what's up there...

Anyhoo, on to the game, need to play MUCH better and start doing so tonight in the battle for LI - let's GO fellas.
I think he heard you. Welcome to the scoring column, David Green:

He's 3/3 from the floor after entering the night 0/11 for the season.

HU up 19-11. Went up 19-8 with 11 straight before SBU scored the last 3 at the line.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Good find, Cowart is not listed on the roster anymore.
Weird - Cowart is still listed on the media roster that was handed out tonight. Not sure if that's simply not updated for tonight or if something else is up because he's still not showing on the website roster.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Wags wrote:
Weird - Cowart is still listed on the media roster that was handed out tonight. Not sure if that's simply not updated for tonight or if something else is up because he's still not showing on the website roster.
Are you in the arena? How does Stafford look in warmups? I have to assume he must be injured to not have received at least a minute of time so far.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Burgess starting to get going, nice to see. Green with an air ball, jog back on d, flat footed no box out give up of offensive board, foul, subbed out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

HofstraMathew wrote:
Wags wrote:
Are you in the arena? How does Stafford look in warmups? I have to assume he must be injured to not have received at least a minute of time so far.
Yeah, I'm here. I think he's still not ready.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ray works as a facilitator. He has a game-high five assists and suddenly, guys who weren't scoring much or at all this season, like Burgess (8 pts) Green (7 pts), have awoken and become key parts of the offense tonight. 40-29, Pride, :48.7 before halftime.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

HUSID74 wrote:
Jojogunne wrote:I believe the CAA has a league contract with Flosports, so we are stuck with that for now. ESPN3 is free (if you already have ESPN), Flosports is not.
Even worse that we to PAY for Flo!

The video for me will pause for like 10 seconds, rewind to the play before and then pause at the same spot, then fast foward like 2 minutes. What’s worse than having to pay for this is the fact that without fans there is no possible way on the planet to watch otherwise.

Game wise from what I have been able to see, Tareq looks like a man on a mission this year, appears to have taken a big leap from his junior to senior year like Desure did. Would be nice if Silverio found a 3 point shot he didn’t love, don’t see that happening anytime soon though.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Wags wrote:Ray works as a facilitator. He has a game-high five assists and suddenly, guys who weren't scoring much or at all this season, like Burgess (8 pts) Green (7 pts), have awoken and become key parts of the offense tonight. 40-29, Pride, :48.7 before halftime.
Box score adjusted - Green has 5 (not 7, as previously listed). But same point, since he was 0/11 coming in.

42-29 at the half. Biggest lead was 38-24. Good regrouping tonight so far after Saturday. Just have to do the same for another 20 minutes. With this lead, and the way the first half went, this should be an 18-20 point win at minimum.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Wags wrote: Biggest lead was 38-24.
We went up 35-20 with 4:04 left.

Burgess led us with 17 minutes. His 2 assists are okay, but Ray leads with 5. Ray has 3 blocked shots in 3.5 games. He had 6 as a freshman, 5 as a sophomore, and 5 as a junior. We lead in every statistic in the right column of the Split Box tab except for free throws percentage, where our 8-10 is good but worse than their 7-8. Stony Brook had one player with 18 minutes and one with 17, but they spread out the rest of the minutes and used eleven players. Stony Brook had only 1 steal and no fast break points.
Last edited by EvanJ on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Hof_Judge99 wrote: Would be nice if Silverio found a 3 point shot he didn’t love, don’t see that happening anytime soon though.
That's on the staff at this point. They need to reel him in and help his shot selection instead of giving him such a green light.

0/4 tonight, 0/3 from 3
6/24 for the season, including 3/15 from 3

And the #'s from URI and last year weren't good. So where is this belief coming from? Time to reevaluate him, reel him in and help him contribute in better ways.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Wheres the score on the feed amateur hour.
Wags

Post by Wags »

HU's biggest lead of the game, 51-32 a moment ago, but SBU hits a 3 to make it 51-35.

MTO at 15:50 now.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Wheres the score on the feed amateur hour.
I prefer it not to be on all the time.

If anyone has a lg tv, flosports app on the phone will connect directly to it and that levels out the sound between the game and the commercials.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk