Pre-CAAT Discussion

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: Pre-CAAT Discussion

Post by Wags »

Thanks, guys! Appreciate you taking the time to check it out and the nice words.

p.s. remember Hofstra's first half against W&M in the quarters last year? Pepperdine surpassed even that with leads of 26-0, 39-2, and 56-9 at halftime in a WCC first-round game tonight. Sure, Pacific was 0-16 in the WCC this year, but at least Hofstra was a top seed last year. Pepperdine was only 5-11 in the WCC. Crazy half.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Go get em wags, that's great bud, congrats to you - hope you enjoy the CAAT and bring our guys great luck!
Wondering: cuts the nets anyway HU can get it (i.e. say, if UNCW knocks off Charleston for a third time), or do HU fans here want the challenge of beating the best to be the best, and want a third shot at Charleston?
wags, lol, no one in their right mind better say they want some meaningless "challenge" :lol: this program needs to get to the dance, and not give one single rip how it's done. This isn't the ACC, who the hell cares who they beat to get the one bid. I'll take a Vermont or Iona run any day of the week. I could not care less if HU beat Suffolk CC to get there!!!

Any NCAAT bid is better than watching others do it while HU takes a consolation prize or worse sits at home wishing and watching the winners on TV.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:59 am Go get em wags, that's great bud, congrats to you - hope you enjoy the CAAT and bring our guys great luck!
Wondering: cuts the nets anyway HU can get it (i.e. say, if UNCW knocks off Charleston for a third time), or do HU fans here want the challenge of beating the best to be the best, and want a third shot at Charleston?
wags, lol, no one in their right mind better say they want some meaningless "challenge" :lol: this program needs to get to the dance, and not give one single rip how it's done. This isn't the ACC, who the hell cares who they beat to get the one bid. I'll take a Vermont or Iona run any day of the week. I could not care less if HU beat Suffolk CC to get there!!!

Any NCAAT bid is better than watching others do it while HU takes a consolation prize or worse sits at home wishing and watching the winners on TV.
I tend to agree. It would be nice to know if Hofstra could beat Charleston with a third crack at them, but if they end up playing UNCW in the finals and beat them, then 1) It would be good revenge for last year, and 2) A win over UNCW to cut the nets if UNCW first beat Charleston for a third time would be every bit as sweet. Just get it done, whatever the opportunity that presents itself.
Wags

Post by Wags »