MBB Game 25 @ NC A&T, Feb. 10 (Sat), 2 PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: MBB Game 25 @ NC A&T, Feb. 10 (Sat), 2 PM

Post by Polito »

Very, very nice to see a game of total domination with HU on the winning end. Haven't seen that all year. A breath of much needed fresh air.

Awful opponent, but that's what you should do vs them - strike first, draw blood, keep the foot on the gas, and never let up. Nice all too rare display this season of maintaining killer instinct and winning a game from start to finish.

I hope Dubar takes that as a personal insult and rises to a flourishing finish all the way through the CAAT. Though to be quite frank, I'm not really sure what exactly motivates this guy - he's still in and out too much - not sure the staff has found that magic pill yet either. But he needs it from here on out.

Just keep winning. On to the next.
Wags

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:30 pm Wags in NCA&T recap their websites recap of the game still has somone named Dunbar who plays for us
Yes it is embarrassing
Yes, I see they mentioned Dunbar twice in their game recap. Not only do they get game notes, it takes five seconds to Google it from a number of different sites if they're not sure. That's just inexcusable and unprofessional.

I'm surprised they also didn't write Darlingstone. :roll:
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:33 pm Very, very nice to see a game of total domination with HU on the winning end. Haven't seen that all year. A breath of much needed fresh air.

Awful opponent, but that's what you should do vs them - strike first, draw blood, keep the foot on the gas, and never let up. Nice all too rare display this season of maintaining killer instinct and winning a game from start to finish.

I hope Dubar takes that as a personal insult and rises to a flourishing finish all the way through the CAAT. Though to be quite frank, I'm not really sure what exactly motivates this guy - he's still in and out too much - not sure the staff has found that magic pill yet either. But he needs it from here on out.

Just keep winning. On to the next.
Wait, did they... did they... actually play a full 40 minutes for the first time since the win over Buffalo? :shock:
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Nice hammer job on NC (T&A) BUT PLEASE lets be honest at times a lot of times this team resembled a H.S. team. Lets keep D-Stone's name Dubar because I can't remember him ever going down the court by himself and not putting an exclamation point on that with a vicious SLAM DUNK. IDK what happened there.

They will have more of a formidable opponent in their next game.
dutchPride86

Post by dutchPride86 »

triplec2195 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:49 am Lets keep D-Stone's name Dubar because I can't remember him ever going down the court by himself and not putting an exclamation point on that with a vicious SLAM DUNK. IDK what happened there.
Seemed like he was gonna try to pull off a dunk contest type dunk, but jumped too soon and lost the ball when he realized he wasn't gonna pull it off. Terrible look, made worse by the fact that he mentally checked out of the game after that. And Dubar playing 10 min less than Tyler, JC and German shows that Speedy noticed too.

Anyway, more positive - Hofstra finally improved their NET ranking with a win, jumping 11 spots to still a mediocre 137. But with the way the NET system works, Hofstra had actually been dropping after every win because the margins of victory had been so small against horrendously ranked teams. We were a top 100 team before conference play started
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yeah not only did Dubar miss the shot but quickly fouled trying to get the rebound out of frustration!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I'm all for looking at all aspects of the game, but tis is a lot of of focusing on the negative in a rare blowout win. Dubar has been excellent - even carrying the team at times for most of this year. He's off for one game and we are all over him. Probably trying to show of a bit in his home state. Sorry not going to kill him for a possible lapse in judgement. Happy they we able to cruise even without a great Dubar game. Maybe lets focus more on finally beating a team handily that we think they should.

How about German with a team high 20. i know it would be great to have Washington back, but German into the starting lineup appears to be paying dividends in the win column.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Agreed Pride Dubar(Dunbar) has played well overall this year and we're better with German because he seems to have more scoring potential.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Plotnikov is a very high energy guy. When he channels it he is very good. When he's overly aggressive he gets into foul trouble. Think he's also become real friends with Fritz and its fun watching them feed off each other...nice to see SOME chemistry developoing.
Hopefully Washington's injury is not serious and he can return for Drexel as he played at Penn for a number of years and would certainly like to show out in that town.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Plotnikov much better the answer over Wash. We need his size and toughness (he's even been used in "centerless" minutes. Opens up the post which Sunday clogs up. Given the shots we can see his upside. Another scorer will be needed to advance verses higher seeds in tourney - hopefully he's that man.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ZMAN3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:58 pm Plotnikov much better the answer over Wash. We need his size and toughness (he's even been used in "centerless" minutes. Opens up the post which Sunday clogs up. Given the shots we can see his upside. Another scorer will be needed to advance verses higher seeds in tourney - hopefully he's that man.
Nothing against Washington, he's been a valuable piece (until he's recently been hurt). But the 1-3 start was with Washington starting. The 7-1 turnaround since then has all been with Plotnikov starting.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Wags wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:34 pm
ZMAN3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:58 pm Plotnikov much better the answer over Wash. We need his size and toughness (he's even been used in "centerless" minutes. Opens up the post which Sunday clogs up. Given the shots we can see his upside. Another scorer will be needed to advance verses higher seeds in tourney - hopefully he's that man.
Nothing against Washington, he's been a valuable piece (until he's recently been hurt). But the 1-3 start was with Washington starting. The 7-1 turnaround since then has all been with Plotnikov starting.
Agreed, but Washington being out shortens a short bench considerably. We've been forced to play Robinson and Farmer, two freshman guards with mixed success
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID80 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm
Wags wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:34 pm
Agreed, but Washington being out shortens a short bench considerably. We've been forced to play Robinson and Farmer, two freshman guards with mixed success
For sure. Like I said, he's a valuable piece and they need him to get healthy again, but Plotnikov needs to stay very involved as a starter and get a lion's share of the minutes for the Pride (yes, I said lion's share & Pride on purpose lol).