How Many Division I Campuses Have You Been To?

Discussions about the rest of the college sports world
EvanJ

How Many Division I Campuses Have You Been To?

Post by EvanJ »

How many Division I campuses have you been to? It does not have to be for sports, and you do not need to have gotten out of a vehicle. I've been to Hofstra, Stony Brook (arguable because it was before they were Division I), Albany, Binghamton (the only time I saw Hofstra play away), Omaha, Utah (only on a bus), and Utah State, which is 7 of 362. I passed the entrance to Fairfield, Marist, Florida Atlantic, Kent State, Nebraska, Creighton, and Kansas City. I went by Rutgers, but I do not remember if I was actually on campus. I've been within a few of miles of Harvard, Princeton, Wagner, St. John's, Syracuse, Fordham, Iona, Sacred Heart, Connecticut (at their Football stadium, which is not on campus), Hartford (which left Division I), St. Francis Brooklyn (which left Division I), Long Island University (Brooklyn and C.W. Post), Monmouth, Delaware, Towson, Iowa, Iowa State, Drake, Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne, Valparaiso, Notre Dame, Delaware State, and Toledo. I may have been within a few miles of Columbia, and schools in northern New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and D.C.
JoeyBagODonuts1

Re: How Many Division I Campuses Have You Been To?

Post by JoeyBagODonuts1 »

Not counting drivebys and being in the vicinity, I have been to 31 that I can remember:

Name State Reason Visited
UC Santa Barbara CA Basketball
UConn CT Football
Yale CT Youth Lax tournament
Quinnipiac CT Visit
Delaware DE Basketball, Football
UMass MA Football
Holy Cross MA Football
UMBC MD Basketball
Towson MD Basketball, Football
Montana MT Football
New Hampshire NH Football
Rutgers NJ Basketball
Monmouth NJ Basketball
Princeton NJ Job interview
UNLV NV Basketball
Albany NY Visit
Fordham NY Basketball
St. John's NY Basketball, Football (yes, they had football at one time)
Hofstra NY Everything
Stony Brook NY Basketball, Football
Columbia NY Visit
LIU NY Football (CW Post)
Army NY Football
Dayton OH Basketball
Temple PA Basketball
Villanova PA Football
Drexel PA Basketball
Penn PA Basketball
Lafayette PA Football
Rhode Island RI Football
William & Mary VA Football

32, if you count University of Hartford, which was Division 1 when I went to a Hofstra basketball game there.
Hofstra Football. Undefeated since 2009!