CAA MBB Semifinal Game vs. UNCW - Monday, March 6, 6PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

CAA MBB Semifinal Game vs. UNCW - Monday, March 6, 6PM

Post by Jojogunne »

Should be a battle. Good to be on the CBS Sports Network.
triplec2195

Re: CAA MBB Semifinal Game vs. UNCW - Monday, March 6, 6PM

Post by triplec2195 »

I no longer get that channel since FIOS wanted $40 more a month to change my package to include it. As far as the game goes I just don't see UNCW hanging with us. We would have to have a major down game.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Would anyone venture a guess as to how many points we will be favored by?? Around 10 maybe?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Sounds about right, TripleC.

Just looked at the stats. Nick Farrar, a 6-7, 230 GUARD, scored 19 points today. He had none in 6 minutes when they last played us.
dutchPride86

Post by dutchPride86 »

Jojogunne wrote:Sounds about right, TripleC.

Just looked at the stats. Nick Farrar, a 6-7, 230 GUARD, scored 19 points today. He had none in 6 minutes when they last played us.

Watched most of the 2nd half, Farrar made some heat check shots that he'd be hard pressed to make again.

Uncw is good enough defensively to keep Hofstra in the high 60s/low 70s (and would expect some natural shooting regression from today). But as long as Hofstra continues to defend I just don't see uncw having enough offensive firepower to keep up
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Exactly they scored 46 points when we played them this year and even though I don't expect that to repeat itself we're a far better O team then they're and just as good defensively if not better.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Jojogunne wrote:Sounds about right, TripleC.

He led them in scoring today, and yet despite that, Siddle didn't have him on the floor for some key points down the stretch because of his defense, or lack thereof.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Should be a battle. Good to be on the CBS Sports Network.
Nah, it really shouldn't be though. The only reason it would be is if HU does not play like they should. HU and CofC are far and away the best teams in the CAA this year and it isn't close. If HU plays the way it should, they will win this game handily in the end.

Definitely thrilled this will be on TV though, thank goodness, looking forward to watching!

Speedy said something great in the news bit the other night - when asked why he felt / believed they would win, or why he had the confidence, something along those lines, he said "Because we SHOULD".

Damn straight Speedy. THAT'S the attitude of a winner. Not all the excuse making for umpteen years. This program should be EXPECTED to win.

Glad to say I am liking this cat a LOT more, because he's showing a LOT more than before. Showing me some swagger and not shying away at all from the fact that this program is supposed to win in this conference - it should hold itself to that standard - because it is better. He's a bit funny in how great he thinks he's doing all the time, lol, wouldn't mind a bit of "hey I'd like to see me do better here, or the team elevate there" etc because there's ALWAYS room to improve... but hey no ones perfect! :P

And I'll take strong vs soft any day of the week. Guy has this team firing on all cylinders when it matters most. The business trip continues tomorrow night. Go notch win #2. ROLL PRIDE
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Don't count out Towson. They are dismantling Delaware. The top four seed will hold court...helps the CAA.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I don't think that Towson has enough offense to beat COC because if Timberlake is held in check they really don't have that many other options. So ESPN IS only favoring us by 6 points tonite I thought the spread would be by more.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:Would anyone venture a guess as to how many points we will be favored by?? Around 10 maybe?
Thats a lot wood - I was think 6.

But like Politio - if we play like we have-do- and can - we should able to take down UNCW.

Go Pride!!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Would anyone venture a guess as to how many points we will be favored by?? Around 10 maybe?
Thats a lot wood - I was think 6.

But like Politio - if we play like we have-do- and can - we should able to take down UNCW.

Go Pride!!!
ESPN is on your wave-length as they obviously expect this to be a tight game.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Took the kids out of school and drove down to DC last night. My first time attending the tourney. Super excited for tonight.

Very confident in the defense at this point. Feel that is a constant now. If they are hitting shots, I think we’ll be in good shape.

Hopefully JC and Washington play as well as they did offensively yesterday. Tough to beat when firing on all cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Pride97 wrote:Took the kids out of school and drove down to DC last night. My first time attending the tourney. Super excited for tonight.

Very confident in the defense at this point. Feel that is a constant now. If they are hitting shots, I think we’ll be in good shape.

Hopefully JC and Washington play as well as they did offensively yesterday. Tough to beat when firing on all cylinders.

As crazy as it sounds we weren't even firing on all cylinders yesterday. We didn't get any offense from GP and 4 points from WW; obviously part of this was just from not needing it. So if JC or Washington aren't having an offensive night tonight then GP and/or WW probably can step up. We have plenty of weapons on offense; this team is deep.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Sagarin says we're 7.8 points better than UNCW on a neutral court, which it is.

As for Charleston, we would be 1.5 point dogs as of this morning.

Towson, we would be 4.8 favs.
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:I don't think that Towson has enough offense to beat COC because if Timberlake is held in check they really don't have that many other options. So ESPN IS only favoring us by 6 points tonite I thought the spread would be by more.
HU -7.5 with a 76.4% chance of winning as of this morning.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

We are third in Division I in field goal percentage differential behind Houston, who is the only team shooting over .100 better than their opponents, and Yale, who got the Ivy League 1 seed by sweeping Princeton when they both went 10-4. We are tenth in three-point field goal percentage differential.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Pride97 wrote:Took the kids out of school and drove down to DC last night. My first time attending the tourney. Super excited for tonight.

Awesome Pride hope u bring us luck and your boys enjoy the games!!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID80 wrote:Don't count out Towson. They are dismantling Delaware. The top four seed will hold court...helps the CAA.
I know they struggled at some points but I thought they would win this league all year, even when Charleston was ranked. I think they will win today.

Still very worried about Hofstra's rebounding but loved the defensive intensity yesterday.