WBB vs Delaware 2/17 7PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

WBB vs Delaware 2/17 7PM

Post by triplec2195 »

So our women host Delaware tonight and try to get on the winning track here. We lost to Delaware in our 1st CAA game by 12 77-65 on 12/30. Delaware is 6-6 in CAA play and we're 3-9 having lost some close games with the 4th quarter being our worst nightmare. We played them tough on the road and were only down 2 going into the 4th quarter hopefully better results tonight.
stuball888

Re: WBB vs Delaware 2/17 7PM

Post by stuball888 »

This is a winnable game
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

A lot of our games are winnable but we don't win mainly because of our inordinate amount of turnovers at 20+ a game. If we could only fix this. Too many passes in to Swint that result in turnovers among other ill advised passes as well.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Played them tough in the first half up one. Defense playing well.

Knights and Ineza have 8 each. Knights getting to the hoop tonight and is a perfect 3-3 thus far.

Glad to see Thomas back in the 2Q after an eye injury in the first.

Anyone know why Fargo started in place of Thomas tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Thomas has been hurt and although I haven't seen the entire game she's not playing well. This team just cannot and does not play 40 minutes. If games were just 3 quarters they would have a winning record. lol
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Yup - fell behind in the third, closed it back by the end and then couldn’t hit the ocean in the 4th.

Brandy shot very poorly likely due to the leg injury and the eye injury in the 1st. Von Essen also didn’t shoot well.

Swint has to find a way to stay on the floor - fouled out at the beginning of the 4th. Delaware had a lot of size on them tonight and losing Swint made it almost impossible to stop them in the paint. Fargo and Ineza trying to defend players a foot taller than them.

Also would like to see Nicholson back in the starting lineup and playing more. She’s very athletic and is the best defender on the team.

Sadly just another conference loss.

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Pride97 wrote:Yup - fell behind in the third, closed it back by the end and then couldn’t hit the ocean in the 4th.

Brandy shot very poorly likely due to the leg injury and the eye injury in the 1st. Von Essen also didn’t shoot well.

Swint has to find a way to stay on the floor - fouled out at the beginning of the 4th. Delaware had a lot of size on them tonight and losing Swint made it almost impossible to stop them in the paint. Fargo and Ineza trying to defend players a foot taller than them.

Also would like to see Nicholson back in the starting lineup and playing more. She’s very athletic and is the best defender on the team.

Sadly just another conference loss.

Yes and although I'm not a huge fan of Ineza she had a good game overall. This team needs both her and Von-Essen to score plenty to win along with Brandy. I've been hard on Thomas for her awful passing and as soon as she came off the bench she thru a cross court pass that was picked off. Very frustrating to watch this team game in and out. They only had 14 turnovers so that's well under their APG. Certainly like Rosi she has a lot of upside does miss easy layups at times like I saw Emma do yesterday. I thought Emma was way off offensively and seemed to get burned defending the wing and giving up three's. She doesn't close out fast enough. Probably why she's not playing more minutes. We need Ross-Barnes on the floor she can defend and give us some scoring but she's always hurt. Joseph-Bernard gives a good effort though. Again my pet peeves not a big fan of Fargo she can be a Jekyll -Hyde player and a lot of the time fills the box score with no points. Yesterday 4 points and 3 turnovers. Swint fouls out in 14 minutes with 2 points both from the FT line. Watched her foul and give Delaware and ones just putting her hands up in the air. She needs to stop shots from going in since she's going to be called for the fouls anyway. Let them earn it from the line. Rosi with 11 points 4 rebounds and 3 steals had a very nice game as did Ally who actually gave us some points 8 with 3 assists and 4 steals. Not much from Gooden lately. This is an inept offensive team that needs to play great D and not turn the ball to win period.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

In the era of the three-point shot scoring 60+ every game is not asking too much. You can still play defense and be in the games triple C like you said this team is offensively inept what I don’t understand is why we haven’t hit the portal hard last few years.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Look at Lou Sanchez Senegal on UConn
She made the jump from Fairfield to one of the best basketball programs in the country and I’m not saying we should go after someone like that but I’m sure there is some players in lower conferences that would jump at the chance to play in the CAA
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

We have had injuries that haven't helped us but when you see the coach at times playing three freshman at the same time this speaks volumes. Selma Markisic hasn't stepped onto the court this year and is injury prone might have been a help. The future of this team moving forward will be Ross-Barnes, Von-Essen, Gooden, Joseph-Bernard throwing in Swint and Knights for another year. IMO Swint such a disappointment she has the size but needs to play like a lion not a lamb down in the post and just needs to play smarter basketball. Could be much better. Fargo the jury is out on. We need bigger more athletic kids here that can rebound and score in the paint. Thomas has helped us as a quick fix but will be gone after this year. We're not going to build a championship team here with freshmen we need some good transfers just like what we have done on the men's team.