HUSID80

Re: MBB Game 30 @ at Stony Brook, 2/18/23 (Sat), 6:30 PM

Post by HUSID80 »

stuball888 wrote:Mikey i told you he saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of Polito
Good one Stu!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I watched the end of the game again today. Dubar really was the "man of the match" for us yesterday. He shut down Tyler Stephenson-Moore (or TSM, as the announcers like to call him) in the last four minutes (probably should have started covering him earlier). He and Williams combined for 23 points, which helped make up for what we didn't get from Estrada and Carlos.

TSM was the best offensive player on the court last night, and seven-footer Keenan Fitzmorris made his presence felt up front. I also didn't realize that SBU was missing two graduate transfers who got hurt at the beginning of the season. Their record would have been much better with those two players. The lack of production from Frankie Policelli also hurt the Seawolves yesterday. He scored only 4 points and they didn't come until the waning seconds of the game.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Stony Brook win a game in the tournament.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

HUSID80 wrote:
Wags wrote:
Flying Dutchmen wrote: I love the strategy change in the second half to abandon the three and get to the hoop. Stony Brook is big, but play kind of flat-footed defensively, the fouls were there almost every possession and we finally took advantage, 21-24 from the line.
Despite Estrada going 1/12 from the floor, he was still 8/9 at the line, along with a team-high 7 boards.

And even with his struggles overall, they still find a way to 41 second-half points and 68 for the game. They won because yet again, they held an opponent in check enough defensively, winning this game in the 60s. Even when everything isn't firing as they'd like offensively, this team will almost always find a way to score enough to win. So it always comes down to their D. If they continue to do a good job there, they're cutting the nets (except for may Charleston - that may be the one game, if it happens, that they may have to win in the mid or high 70s or in the 80s like they did at their place; but if they could ever hold that team under 70 with good D, Charleston may stand little chance).

By the way, 4,009 in attendance last night. Like I've been saying, Suffolk County will draw, Nassau County just does not.
Wags their boards said there were only about 3,000 there, that they lied. We outgrew them for our SB home game.
was there and I was surprised how full the place was - not sure if the count but for a middling team at the end of the season, it was a good crowd.

Hofstra fans has a nice little contingency there. Though the game was tense, being in that crowd was really fun. Loud and proud!

Certainly made ourselves known!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk