womens lax 2023

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: womens lax 2023

Post by triplec2195 »

Close game as we lose in O/T 14-13. Nobody knows less about lacrosse then I do but did watch some of this game and I know we fell behind but came back to lead only to let them tie the game. We had a last shot opportunity in regulation but blew it. Some of the goals scored by UCONN were shots right on top of our goalie which appeared to me to be just not adequate D GIVING THEM GOOD OPPORTUNITIES. Their goalie came up with big saves but I guess credit Hofstra for making this a very competitive game. A tough game to lose.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:Close game as we lose in O/T 14-13. Nobody knows less about lacrosse then I do but did watch some of this game and I know we fell behind but came back to lead only to let them tie the game. We had a last shot opportunity in regulation but blew it. Some of the goals scored by UCONN were shots right on top of our goalie which appeared to me to be just not adequate D GIVING THEM GOOD OPPORTUNITIES. Their goalie came up with big saves but I guess credit Hofstra for making this a very competitive game. A tough game to lose.
Tough loss but also encouraging they competed this competitively against very good non-conference appointment. Hofstra’s at large ncaa chances have long been cooked anyway so loss itself means little and hopefully can give them confidence for rest of CAA play where they need to go on a run to make the four-team conference playoffs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

This beyond frustrating season continues to get worst with a brutal 17-16 overtime loss to Monmouth that basically ends any realistic hope of making CAA playoffs. Led by 1 and had ball bur Monmouth forced turnover and tied score with 12 seconds left . Then to add further insult to injury we had free position shot in overtime and winning goal was wiped out by a false start. Season can’t end soon enough and at this point just hope we don’t go winless in CAA play.

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

With Nikki Mennella healthy this would have been an entirely different season. What a devastating loss that's but give us credit for being a really competitive team under adversity.
HofstraPride1

womens lax 2023

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:With Nikki Mennella healthy this would have been an entirely different season. What a devastating loss that's but give us credit for being a really competitive team under adversity.
No doubt we would be in much better shape in conference play had Niki not gone down, but we also had some frustrating non-conference losses when she was in lineup that cost us any hopes of an at-large bid. Season just not meant to be but hopefully next year far better!

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

We trounce Elon today 17-12 and get our first conference win. Numerous girls getting the HAT TRICK. We found a team we can dominate.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:We trounce Elon today 17-12 and get our first conference win. Numerous girls getting the HAT TRICK. We found a team we can dominate.
Very happy to see them finally rewarded with a win after many close defeats. Despite frustration of this season record wise I think we could be set up for a solid 2024 assuming Niki is back healthy.