MBB Game 22 - @ Elon, 1/26/23 (Thurs), 7 PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Game 22 - @ Elon, 1/26/23 (Thurs), 7 PM

Post by Cards »

HUSID80 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:A nice win for us obviously after letting them come back at the end of the 1st half to take a 2 point lead. Kudos to Estrada who seemingly can score at will when he wants to. Just noticed the minutes Washington got in this game but wondered what happened to Marshall. He had to be injured or sick not to get minutes in this game.
Yes, was wondering about Marshall myself...there was one kid in crutches on the court but could not tell who it was. Bottom line on this game is we did what we had to do....and we won going away. Sets up the big one on Saturday nicely.

HUSID - I noticed the kid on crutches at our last home game. It was not Marshall -- I assumed it was the redshirt freshman Farmer.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Nice W - and on to the Big One. Would like to mention the Elon broadcaster - a total professional. He never failed to mention who a foul was on - or how many the individual or team had. Too many on TV are too busy babbling about this, that or the other thing.
PS- 82 points with No FT's(and only 1 attempted - Amazing
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

ZMAN3 wrote:Nice W - and on to the Big One. Would like to mention the Elon broadcaster - a total professional. He never failed to mention who a foul was on - or how many the individual or team had. Too many on TV are too busy babbling about this, that or the other thing.
PS- 82 points with No FT's(and only 1 attempted - Amazing
Yeah and we had talked about other HU players in the past that have had big scoring games and who have not attempted any FT'S like Bernard Tomlin years ago vs Oral Roberts. So I wonder if the refs were just letting them play they had 13 fouls to our 11. They took 7 FT's to our 1. Amazing to score 40 points and not get 1 FT!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

triplec2195 wrote: Amazing to score 40 points and not get 1 FT!!
I checked the no made free throws on the team level, but not the player level, so thank you for making me check the player level. Estrada is the fourth player from 2010-2011 to now to score at least 40 points without attempting a free throw. Detroit Mercy's Antoine Davis (with help from a fifth season, he broke the NCAA career threes record) did it on January 14, so it happened as many times in 13 days from January 14 through 26 as it did from 2010-2011 through January 13, 2023.