JWF in the NBA Bubble

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: JWF in the NBA Bubble

Post by Wags »

cactus wrote:Seems to be bubble protocol related.

https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/stat ... 37793?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Ridiculous. They needed another staff member over another healthy player who played well in the bubble when given some minutes?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Somewhat surprising with Conley out for a few games but I guess they don't trust him yet at PG in meaningful minutes, he showed flashes but I saw a couple of sloppy/forced passes resulting in turnovers and he needs to clean that up.

Wags

Post by Wags »

cactus wrote:Somewhat surprising with Conley out for a few games but I guess they don't trust him yet at PG in meaningful minutes, he showed flashes but I saw a couple of sloppy/forced passes resulting in turnovers and he needs to clean that up.

He does, but they know that about him. His job wouldn't be to play a true PG and run the offense. His job would be to come in as a spark and score, like he did when he had 8 pts in 11 mins in his one bubble game. I would think that would still be of greater value than a staff member. Although it may depend on who the staff member is, if it's a coach or trainer, etc. they thought they could use.
Wags

Post by Wags »

cactus wrote:Somewhat surprising with Conley out for a few games but I guess they don't trust him yet at PG in meaningful minutes, he showed flashes but I saw a couple of sloppy/forced passes resulting in turnovers and he needs to clean that up.

He does, but they know that about him. His job wouldn't be to play a true PG and run the offense. His job would be to come in as a spark and score, like he did when he had 8 pts in 11 mins in his one bubble game. I would think that would still be of greater value than a staff member. Although it may depend on who the staff member is, if it's a coach or trainer, etc. they thought they could use. Even still, they've had other recent injuries at that spot, including Mudiay, so you'd think that in case Mudiay or someone else reaggravates something, it would be nice to have JWF there. Oh well.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This is very disappointing news was hoping to see him get some minutes and he would be the only reason I would watch the NBA!! Sad!
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Possibly related-- did we talk about this at all on the boards?

https://kutv.com/news/local/jazz-player ... ic-remarks

I don't remember seeing anything, and I wasn't even aware of it until about a week ago.

I bring it up because running into these press-creating issues as a rookie has much less of a tolerance level than an established guy. That combined with his sloppy turnovers and the more promising play of guys like Brantley, Oni, and Tucker could spell the end of JWF.

Say what you want, but they chose Justin to send home when they need guard play off the bench. That's not a good sign...
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

He is toast! Thats why Im not on facebook, twitter, instagram or tic toc. Nothing good ever comes from these platforms.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Dumb. He's done. Maybe he'll get a job in Europe. Unbelievable.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HU87 wrote:Possibly related-- did we talk about this at all on the boards?

https://kutv.com/news/local/jazz-player ... ic-remarks

I don't remember seeing anything, and I wasn't even aware of it until about a week ago.

I bring it up because running into these press-creating issues as a rookie has much less of a tolerance level than an established guy. That combined with his sloppy turnovers and the more promising play of guys like Brantley, Oni, and Tucker could spell the end of JWF.

Say what you want, but they chose Justin to send home when they need guard play off the bench. That's not a good sign...
I didn't see that article but did end up seeing his offending tweet and the related apology. It definitely soured my taste on JWF. Much worse has been said before but in today's world you really shouldn't be saying anything antisemitic (or racist, sexist, etc.).
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

It's probably a generational thing, but I don't understand the need or the compulsion to put every idle thought out into the Twitter-verse. These athletes gain nothing by doing so as they are hardly trained in any of this. Thoughts are ephemeral while tweets and other forms of social media are not and will come back to haunt you. Stupid.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Mikey you hit the nail on the head. It is GENERATIONAL. These young people have been brought up and are dependent on social media. They tweet before they think. Today everyone is offended. Shame that he ruined his NBA career over this.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

stuball888 wrote:Mikey you hit the nail on the head. It is GENERATIONAL. These young people have been brought up and are dependent on social media. They tweet before they think. Today everyone is offended. Shame that he ruined his NBA career over this.
He didn't ruin his NBA career, that's hyperbolic BS. What a stupid conclusion from what actually happened.

He made the bubble as a two-way player and played in NBA games after the "incident" (which was just a re-tweet), occurred. Which he subsequently apologized for anyway.

It's considerably more likely JWF got sent home because the playoffs started and the Jazz are tightening their rotation. If he's not going to participate in the playoffs, there's no reason to stay in the NBA bubble.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

FD didnt realize it happened a while ago Even so Justin should know better I find it funny that when people are commenting on Jewish heritage are nit Jewish or have no connection to anyone Jewish
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Everything that I have ever seen posted or interviews from Justin would suggest that he is very level headed and a kid with a lot of common sense. This for me seems way out of character for him!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

FD also is it true that the Utah Jazz had to make a formal apology If so I think they will cut ties with him after the season is over
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:FD didnt realize it happened a while ago Even so Justin should know better I find it funny that when people are commenting on Jewish heritage are nit Jewish or have no connection to anyone Jewish
I'm Jewish and while I was disappointed by his tweet, I also accept his apology and hope he uses as a learning experience going forward. It certainly didn't help his cause, but I don't that will be the deciding factor of whether he stays with team.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

This seems to be much more representative of the Justin we have followed for years.

https://kjzz.com/news/local/utah-jazz-r ... er-blunder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

stuball888 wrote:FD also is it true that the Utah Jazz had to make a formal apology If so I think they will cut ties with him after the season is over
Again, utter nonsense. You do as much fact checking as JWF before he retweets something.

JWF issued an apology, and a reporter asked the Jazz HC about the comment one time, and that was it. I can't find any formal apology from the Jazz beyond that one comment to a reporter from Snyder.

I don't condone what that moron Nick Cannon said, and it's disappointing JWF bothered commenting on him, but it was just a retweet. It's pathetic how quickly people here will turn on the guy when he likely just retweeted something he wasn't totally informed on in the first place. Dwayne Wade had to issue the same apology after he found out what Cannon really said.

JWF has been nothing but a class act, I know for a fact he does a lot of charity work behind the scenes, looking for no publicity at all. He probably got sent home because he's 5th on the depth chart at PG and SG on the Jazz roster. I just hate to see his rep get tarnished over Twitter, which is the dumbest place on Earth.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Ok agreed Just hope Justin learns from this
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

It seems Justin is making amends He called the rabbis wife And after a 20 min conversation he is coming to the synagogue for a meeting the will plsy some basketball with the kids Tjis is the Justin I have come to know over the years Good job by him mending fences