Simon and Richard

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Simon and Richard

Post by stuball888 »

Those in the know understand how close our soccer coaches are. Despite the age difference they are best friends. I just noticed that Richards daughter Caroline is on Simons team. Hopefully she will see more playing time. She will be a soph next season. Just like Seths daughter is on the womens lax team. Nice to see the kids staying home to play for the school their parents coach at. Can anyone give examples of this in the past?
Mikey77

Re: Simon and Richard

Post by Mikey77 »

I'll date myself - didn't Pistol Pete Maravich play for his dad at LSU.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I mean at Hofstra where the son or daughter play for a coach other than their parent
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Can't think of any. But I do know that former NBA all-star Kenny Anderson (now a D3 coach), his daughter (whose mother is DJ Spinderella from Salt-N-Peppa) graduated from Hofstra a few years ago, although she didn't play anything.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: I just noticed that Richards daughter Caroline is on Simons team.
I think I found that out when I sat with somebody here (I don't remember who) and Coach Russell at the Women's Soccer game hosting UNCW last October 20. Coach Russell loaned me a seat cushion after I used the bathroom at halftime. I wore a jacket for the rain, but I wasn't used to going to a game that could have my seat get wet. It was my third game at Hofstra Soccer Stadium after seeing us win a 2015 CAA Men's Semifinal and 2017 CAA Women's Semifinal.