Tournament Closed to Public

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Tournament Closed to Public

Post by HofstraHockey »

So it looks like it'll be at least another year before any of us get to see Hofstra play in the tournament. In person, at least. Only essential staff and limited family members will be allowed in.
Polito

Re: Tournament Closed to Public

Post by Polito »

19 friggin years. 19 YEARS :!: Waited and waited, can FINALLY afford to do this LOL and a pandemic hits - just can't make this stuff up!!!!

This is so heartbreaking its not even funny :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I mean I get it, but man this just S U C K S!!!!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

A real bummer, but look at the bright side, we have the advantage, we’re used to playing in that environment!
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

You really can't make this stuff. What rotten luck. A pandemic? An f' ' n pandemic! The CBI has been cancelled. I guess the NIT is next.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I had already requested time off at work and was looking up possibly options. Oh well. At least they are playing.

Is just our luck though.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

This really sucks on a lot of levels. Hopefully this is the worst of the news and games can at least still proceed without fans. While not ideal, at least Hofstra would still get plenty of national exposure from TV and being on people's brackets.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:19 friggin years. 19 YEARS :!: Waited and waited, can FINALLY afford to do this LOL and a pandemic hits - just can't make this stuff up!!!!

This is so heartbreaking its not even funny :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I laughed out loud when I read this because the way you put it, it's just so typical of the luck. Of ALL years. SMH.

And, of course, just because there's a pandemic, it'll be Hofstra vs. Villanova in Albany now.

Really disappointing. March Sadness. :cry:

Got approved to cover the East Regionals at MSG, but now I don't know what this means for that, as well. I'm assuming credential revoked. Who knows? The stock market, this tournament, other sports leagues and other walks of life taking action. Crazy how this issue has become so far-reaching, so fast. But, beyond that, the most important thing is, plenty of people have already sadly died from this virus. So, I guess we can't complain too much about some of this other stuff. Still disappointing, nonetheless.
Flying Dutchmen

Can we declare ourselves national champs if the whole tournament is canceled?
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

TBH, I always said that I wanted to be there to cut down the nets with the team, and I am so thankful that happened last night. This was such a special season that I dont even care that we wont be able to watch it live, heck none of us were going to go anyway lets be real here.

It sucks, but we are dancing. DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Can we declare ourselves national champs if the whole tournament is canceled?
At least co-champs, with the other entries.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Hofstra wrote:TBH, I always said that I wanted to be there to cut down the nets with the team, and I am so thankful that happened last night. This was such a special season that I dont even care that we wont be able to watch it live, heck none of us were going to go anyway lets be real here.

It sucks, but we are dancing. DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!
Some would've gone if in Albany.

Of course, there's the easy joke that with the attendance in some of the earlier round NCAAT games, will anyone even notice the difference?
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Wags wrote:
Polito wrote:19 friggin years. 19 YEARS :!: Waited and waited, can FINALLY afford to do this LOL and a pandemic hits - just can't make this stuff up!!!!

I laughed out loud when I read this because the way you put it, it's just so typical of the luck. Of ALL years. SMH.

And, of course, just because there's a pandemic, it'll be Hofstra vs. Villanova in Albany now.

Really disappointing. March Sadness. :cry:

Got approved to cover the East Regionals at MSG, but now I don't know what this means for that, as well. I'm assuming credential revoked. Who knows? The stock market, this tournament, other sports leagues and other walks of life taking action. Crazy how this issue has become so far-reaching, so fast. But, beyond that, the most important thing is, plenty of people have already sadly died from this virus. So, I guess we can't complain too much about some of this other stuff. Still disappointing, nonetheless.
I am laughing with irony - I spent a good part of last night/this morning lining up my posse to go to the first game (assuming it was in Albany) - but seriously I am pissed!
I get it (sort of).
Now I hope they go out west for nice a road trip.
Big picture - we are in tourney - beginning of the year I would have paid for us to get in - we are in.
You cant make it up - Go Pride!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I'm expecting full cancellation soon, unfortunately

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Flying Dutchmen

daHUPride wrote: I am laughing with irony - I spent a good part of last night/this morning lining up my posse to go to the first game (assuming it was in Albany) - but seriously I am pissed!
In all honesty, it's so disappointing that all you can do is laugh.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

NBA just cancelled the season, incredibly. So I'd guess the whole tourney will be shut down as well.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The Ivy League cancelled all spring practices and competitions:

https://ivyleague.com/news/2020/3/11/ge ... pring.aspx

Is this the end of the season for NCAA baseball, softball and lacrosse?
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

RollPride15 wrote:NBA just cancelled the season, incredibly. So I'd guess the whole tourney will be shut down as well.
They suspended it, not cancelled.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Hofstra wrote:
RollPride15 wrote:NBA just cancelled the season, incredibly. So I'd guess the whole tourney will be shut down as well.
They suspended it, not cancelled.
Yeah good catch, though who knows when it will be back on. Seems like everything is shutting down
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

I’m afraid they’ll say playing in empty arenas would be stupid anyway, might as well pull the plug. This feels worse than the loss in last year’s championship game. Gut wrenched for these guys and us as fans of course. Not to mention being on Utah I sure hope JWF didn’t catch this. :(
Last edited by Hof_Judge99 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Jojogunne wrote:The Ivy League cancelled all spring practices and competitions:

https://ivyleague.com/news/2020/3/11/ge ... pring.aspx

Is this the end of the season for NCAA baseball, softball and lacrosse?
Theres no shortage of people in the ivy league that doesn't want them playing sports anyway..I wouldn't use them as a barometer

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk