HISTORY MADE, THE DROUGHT IS OVER!!! LET'S DANCE!!!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

HISTORY MADE, THE DROUGHT IS OVER!!! LET'S DANCE!!!

Post by Polito »

Deserving a thread all it's own :!:

This feels purely amazing, CONGRATS to the staff, players, admin, u, US FANS, and all even remotely connected!!! So excited I can't sleep - 19 yrs, the monkey has been firmly removed, and HU has punched their ticket!! And earned every single bit of it.

Don't even know what to say, "euphoric" is right Joe - great job to all the fans on the ground in DC, you were heard and seen on TV 8-)

I repped strong in Philly, my cousin and I took over a watering hole and had the Flyers fans wondering what all the commotion was about, and eventually taking celebration shots with us, including a long time Drexel alum. HU Nation is loud and proud tonight, praise the Lord, it's time to DANCE!!!
Wags

Re: HISTORY MADE, THE DROUGHT IS OVER!!! LET'S DANCE!!!

Post by Wags »

So proud of them!

Best part about it is seeing this great program, with great people, from the staff, players, all associated with the program, getting the attention on a national level that they deserve for a little while, and maybe for longer if they make noise in the... NCAA TOURNAMENT (!!!!!), like Pemberton said after the game tonight, they could.

That's what this is all about, right? WE know what the program is, but the country doesn't. Now, they can learn a little bit about Hofstra Basketball and we love seeing that.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Yup, making the NCAA tourney definitely helps with recruiting.

https://twitter.com/dloading21_/status/ ... 5284687873
Cards

Post by Cards »

Just saw an up to date bracket (included the win last night) and they had HU as a 15 playing Florida State as a 2. We get no respect!
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Cards wrote:Just saw an up to date bracket (included the win last night) and they had HU as a 15 playing Florida State as a 2. We get no respect!

What a joke, NE got a #13 seed and their resume wasn’t much different. As far as the corona nightmare the most likely outcome seems to be playing tournament games without fans, which I think would help us, considering 90% of the building will be rooting for the big school anyway. Here’s to praying the tournament doesn’t get cancelled.
Sctvman

Post by Sctvman »

I’ve got them as a 14 in my bracket.

https://carolinasportsthoughts.wordpress.com/
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Are we a candidate for the play-in games?

First Four
Dayton, OH

It would be nice if we got seeded to Albany:

1st/2nd Rounds:
Albany, NY
Spokane, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Greensboro, NC
Omaha, NE
Sacramento, CA
Cleveland, OH

Even better, could we make it to the Sweet 16 at MSG?

Regional Games:
Indianapolis, IN
Los Angeles, CA
Houston, TX
New York, NY

Final Four and title game
Atlanta, GA

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... 0-schedule
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

No since only at-larges play in the 11 vs. 11 play-in-games and we aren't low enough to be one of the 16 seeds.
Jojogunne wrote:Are we a candidate for the play-in games?

First Four
Dayton, OH

It would be nice if we got seeded to Albany:

1st/2nd Rounds:
Albany, NY
Spokane, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Greensboro, NC
Omaha, NE
Sacramento, CA
Cleveland, OH

Even better, could we make it to the Sweet 16 at MSG?

Regional Games:
Indianapolis, IN
Los Angeles, CA
Houston, TX
New York, NY

Final Four and title game
Atlanta, GA

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... 0-schedule
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Jojogunne wrote:Are we a candidate for the play-in games?

Good lord no. If we got put in a play in game the team might not show up in protest. LOL there is a 0% chance of that. We’d have to be a 16 seed.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Looking at these posts and thinking, my God how the world has changed in two weeks.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Mikey77 wrote:Looking at these posts and thinking, my God how the world has changed in two weeks.

Three weeks. All because someone touched a bat in China. Goes to show you we’re cursed as the tournament drought will reach 20 years. :(
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Crazy to think has been one month since we were all jubilant a day after CAA title thinking we were going dancing, only to have those dreams dashed soon after. I have avoided boards since then since was so down about transpired but figured was time to check back in. March 11 was certainly a turning point in learning how serious this crisis is. It will forever pain me that this team didn’t get chance to experience NCAA Tourney, but certainly what we are going through now puts it in perspective. Hopefully we get another chance to go dancing in next few years, but my heart will always break for Buie, Eli and Connor.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraPride1 wrote:Crazy to think has been one month since we were all jubilant a day after CAA title thinking we were going dancing, only to have those dreams dashed soon after. I have avoided boards since then since was so down about transpired but figured was time to check back in. March 11 was certainly a turning point in learning how serious this crisis is. It will forever pain me that this team didn’t get chance to experience NCAA Tourney, but certainly what we are going through now puts it in perspective. Hopefully we get another chance to go dancing in next few years, but my heart will always break for Buie, Eli and Connor.
AMEN to that!!
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

HofstraPride1 wrote:Crazy to think has been one month since we were all jubilant a day after CAA title thinking we were going dancing, only to have those dreams dashed soon after. I have avoided boards since then since was so down about transpired but figured was time to check back in. March 11 was certainly a turning point in learning how serious this crisis is. It will forever pain me that this team didn’t get chance to experience NCAA Tourney, but certainly what we are going through now puts it in perspective. Hopefully we get another chance to go dancing in next few years, but my heart will always break for Buie, Eli and Connor.

The pain hasn’t gotten any better. I still have trouble sleeping and think about it every day (maybe because I don’t have anything else to do). We truly have the worst luck of any sports team in history. To think of all the things to prevent us from happiness it’s someone touching a bat in China. My heart breaks even more for Tareq and Jalen who may have player their final game in a Hofstra uniform since they say the earliest we could get a vaccine would be late 2021.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:

The pain hasn’t gotten any better. I still have trouble sleeping and think about it every day (maybe because I don’t have anything else to do). We truly have the worst luck of any sports team in history. To think of all the things to prevent us from happiness it’s someone touching a bat in China. My heart breaks even more for Tareq and Jalen who may have player their final game in a Hofstra uniform since they say the earliest we could get a vaccine would be late 2021.
I still think there will be sports in 2021 as long as we can keep flattening curve and there can be reliable testing procedures established coupled with new treatment options. I'm slightly nervous about fall sports, but hopefully that can also work out as well. At worst I could see delayed start to season.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HofstraPride1 wrote:
Hof_Judge99 wrote:

I still think there will be sports in 2021 as long as we can keep flattening curve and there can be reliable testing procedures established coupled with new treatment options. I'm slightly nervous about fall sports, but hopefully that can also work out as well. At worst I could see delayed start to season.
The problem will be getting fans to come out and keeping the ones that do healthy, especially when the next waves hit prior to there potentially being a vaccine/herd immunity solution. No college is going to want to be known as the epicenter of the next break out of the disease where we have to shelter in place all over again because they hosted a basketball game.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Very true and that is why there seems to be lots of uncertainty about whether there can be college football with fans this fall. Even though we don't have football I pray that can happen since love the sport and I also don't want our fall season to be compromised, esp. with an amazing women's soccer team going for a four-peat. First things first of course we need to have students be able to return for in-person classes this fall.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

To make matters worse we’re in New York, the epicenter of it all. I’d have to think other programs won’t want to come here for the 20-21 season (if there is one). If the season is cancelled I could see Jalen coming back if there is a 21-22 season, but I’d have to think after 6 years Tareq would be gone.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:To make matters worse we’re in New York, the epicenter of it all. I’d have to think other programs won’t want to come here for the 20-21 season (if there is one). If the season is cancelled I could see Jalen coming back if there is a 21-22 season, but I’d have to think after 6 years Tareq would be gone.
We are now epiccenter, but we are also ahead of other states with testing/ social distancing and other measures to flatten curve. You will soon see other states getting hit similar to us.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The good thing about the most popular college sport being in the fall is that if Football goes well, any other sport should. People won't have to say anything like "games with a few thousand fans went okay, but is it safe to have games with 50,000?" because the latter will be played in the first season of 2020-2021 if there is one. However, there are no FBS teams in NYC, and the only FBS team in a suburb is Rutgers, so NYC could be dangerous without Football showing that. Some definitions of the NYC market go north of Army West Point, but I don't call that a suburb, and I don't call UConn a suburb even with NYC media claiming them as a local team. Temple in Philadelphia (I know Philadelphia has six DI teams but I'm only including FBS) is much closer to NYC than UConn is. Syracuse, who calls themselves "New York's college team," certainly isn't a suburb.