MBB: 2020 CAA Finals - The Rematch

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: MBB: 2020 CAA Finals - The Rematch

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:Eli very quiet that’s not good he needs to drive the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. He's started to now, finally. Got one nice hanging bucket off a left baseline drive.

This is a tough one. 28-28.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Pathetic half for us and we’re getting nothing from Coburn. They haven’t gotten much from Roland. Beware

Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:Pathetic half for us and we’re getting nothing from Coburn. They haven’t gotten much from Roland. Beware

And yet, NU is ahead. Boursiquot, Brace, Walters getting it done. They have more than can hurt you than just Roland.

By the same token, despite Roland being quiet if you're #Hofstra, you have to say: Coburn, Pemberton and Ray are a combined 4/22, including 2/10 from 3, and they're only down two points. If they can get it going in the second half, they should be fine. So you could say beware the other way, too. They need one of those big runs they usually get at some point to turn it. Eli has to come out attacking like he did after halftime against Drexel.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yeah they need to get their offense going and if that means taking it to the basket so be it.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Terrible shot selection. Ray taking circus shots. Cmon

HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

The entire game is isolation 1 on 1, and they're not winning any of them. No movement, no creativity.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I hate to say it but Coburn hurting us offensively. He just can’t seem to get into the rhythm of the game

The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GOING DANCING!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to all!!!!! Championships are forever! The HU defense in these three days has been super! Hats off to Coach Joe and his hard working staff. HU allowed only TWO NU free throws. IC grabbed 15 rebounds, team shoots 16 of 17 free throws. Remember the HU motto for the season: "Hungry Dogs Run Faster!" It is hard to believe how emotional I am at this moment. I guess I will quote Coach Joe and just say EUPHORIC!
Last edited by The Shadow on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Back in the dance.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Congrats to those guys. That's the way you grind out a championship.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I’ve been weeping it’s been so long and who would have thought this is the way the season would end when we entered the season. We did this year what eluded us last year. Just unbelievable congratulations to the players and staff and NE for playing tough without their starting point guard. They deserve a lot of credit.

daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Yeah Yeah YEAH

Hope we play in Albany

Kante the most improved in-season player I have ever seen
Team is fearless in shooting - Ray was 1 for 9 before he goes a needed 2 for 2 from 3
Coburn one my favorite players - had 1 rebound! But a crucial block! Streakiest player ever! Tough! Unsung player.
Foul shots mean something - never worried when any of our starters go to the stripe - 12 for 12 in the 2nd half.
Buie and Pemberton - thank you both - for coming to HU staying, improving and for being good guys. Thank you for what you brought to. Much success to you both.
JAM-you are consistent-your brought us credibility and congrats to you(and your staff),
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I’ve been brought to tears. So happy for this team and the coaches. The D they played this year is the difference - credit to the staff for implementing it and the players for buying in and executing it.

I’m a VERY proud alum right now. Wish I was celebrating in person but just so damn happy they did it!!!

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Uncle buck!! They won a championship at the free throw line!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

If you told me after the San Jose game that this team would be cutting down nets, I would have laughed in your face. Credit to the players and staff for getting better throughout the year and always staying in control. It doesn't feel real yet.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

We uncorked the bubbly tonight!!! After 19 years of tough luck, the waiting us over!!! So thrilled right now,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

HofstraMathew wrote:Back in the dance.
Amen.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Flying Dutchmen wrote: No reason to be worried, the 1 point line is a manifestation of a close Pomeroy projection.
That updates immediately, so I can't tell the Pomeroy ratings before the game. The Sagarin and its components took Hofstra by 2.41 to 3.24.

I don't know how to react. I have no idea how many games I could watch in the AE. I don't know when I became a fan, but I remember the name change from NAC to AE. The first season I remember was 1998-1999 which was one season before our two titles. The CAA is better than the AE was then. I went to my first game as a freshman in 2003. Stokes, Agudio, Jenkins, and JWF were four season stars who don't play in the NCAA Tournament, and only the last two reached the NBA. I was worried that we would be tired in our third consecutive game, but we played the best at the end. We had our biggest margin of victory of our four CAA Semifinal wins, and kept it going in the Final. We became the sixth team to win a CAA Tournament with every win by at least 9. The previous five were UNCW in 2017, George Mason in 2008, UNCW in 2006 (when they beat us in the Final), UNCW in 2002, UNCW in 2000.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Big time congrats to the players and staff.

Game was a little sloppy at times, but when they needed to come up big (both on offense and defense), they did.

Very happy to see IK play like he did. I honestly don't think we win tonight without his tough play down low.

Couple of days to enjoy, and then its back to the practice facility!

Great night for the program!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Drank more than I have in a long time tonight with this game just too close LOLOL

But my gosh is this group didn't man up when it mattered most - the last 4 minutes were some of the most exciting intense nerve wracking edge of seat HU hoops I've seen in, well, 2 decades :D :D :D

HU finally, FINALLY, rose to the occasion - so HU Nation, rise up and be counted!!! The night is OURS!!!!!

T I M E T O D A N C E :!: :!: :!: