2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: 2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Post by EvanJ »

Through three sessions, attendance in a more central location than North Charleston is down 29.6 percent from last season from the same days of the week, and W&M who has a lot of fans is out. I would guess that the winner of our Semifinal will have more fans at the Final than the winner of Northeastern vs. Elon.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Anyone going to the event at the Bluejacket Brewery at 3:30 pm today?
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

EvanJ wrote:Through three sessions, attendance in a more central location than North Charleston is down 29.6 percent from last season from the same days of the week, and W&M who has a lot of fans is out. I would guess that the winner of our Semifinal will have more fans at the Final than the winner of Northeastern vs. Elon.
That's because everyone is out on cruises

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

joeg1 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:Through three sessions, attendance in a more central location than North Charleston is down 29.6 percent from last season from the same days of the week, and W&M who has a lot of fans is out. I would guess that the winner of our Semifinal will have more fans at the Final than the winner of Northeastern vs. Elon.
With the coronavirus? That's the worst place to be right now.
CAAfan2019

Post by CAAfan2019 »

I am no longer staying for the championship game tomorrow evening and have my ticket. It’s in 105 row JJ seat 2. It’s a paper ticket and can’t put it on stubhub, seat geek etc. face value is $85 but want it to go to a good CAA hoops fan home and willing to part with it for $40 or best offer. Can give it to you at the game tonight. Thanks and good luck!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Lol, fuck off! That place is going to be empty tomorrow!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Lol, fuck off! That place is going to be empty tomorrow!
LOL!!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

You shouldn't say the f word to a fan making an offer to sell for a reasonable price who is not a Hofstra fan but didn't say anything bad about us.
hualum

Post by hualum »

has anyone been going to the Brewery? if not i'll go right to the arena. Want to park there anyway so I can get on the road after the game.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

joeg1 wrote:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sad but true I just came back from the Disney cruise and missed the first two games. Very poor foresight on my part I booked it a while ago and didn't take the CAA tourney into mind. As far as coronavirus this ship left from Port Canaveral and went to the Bahamas. The only thing that was very prevalent here was the handing out of sanitary wipes all over the ship. Otherwise everything else seemed to be business as usual. Even in the airports I only saw a few people wearing masks.
Wags

Post by Wags »

hualum wrote:has anyone been going to the Brewery? if not i'll go right to the arena. Want to park there anyway so I can get on the road after the game.
I went yesterday. It's a cool place. Followed the fan bus to the arena from the brewery into rush hour traffic. It's only a few miles, but it took over a half hour to get there, and I just made it before the player intros. So, keep that in mind if you go to the game from the brewery tonight.
Flying Dutchmen

hualum wrote:has anyone been going to the Brewery? if not i'll go right to the arena. Want to park there anyway so I can get on the road after the game.
Yeah the brewery was great yesterday, we should have a good showing today!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I'll be there, good time yesterday. Keep the mojo going!
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I made the trek down yesterday afternoon- cut it close, but I was in the arena by 6:30. Not a band arena, considering what the attendance at these games normally are. And glad it's up north again- I booked my flight to SC early last year for the finals, as I (and all of us) had a hunch. Not that this was unexpected, considering how the second half of the season went, but being able to last minute drive down was really nice.

Good showing by the Hofstra fans, I thought. I honestly expected more students, considering they don't have class, but oh well. Maybe getting into the tournament will get the students back on board next year.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Just ran into Coburn's aunt at breakfast at my hotel. Like me, she said she hardly slept all night. She also said Tareq wasn't originally interested in playing basketball, but that the CAA hoops Scholar-Athlete of the Year was interested more in studies (pre-med). Safe to say that this morning, Tareq and everyone associated with Hofstra hoops are happy he decided to try both.
Flying Dutchmen

HofstraHockey wrote:Good showing by the Hofstra fans, I thought. I honestly expected more students, considering they don't have class, but oh well. Maybe getting into the tournament will get the students back on board next year.
I hope so, I think it will help. Also, allegedly we had two buses of roughly 120 students that was cancelled on Monday morning, which was a shame, but made sense if the school is closed for the week.