2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: 2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Post by Wags »

Haven't booked a hotel yet - where is everyone staying?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra wrote:
EvanJ wrote: I will be in 106 Row HH on Monday because I like being at midcourt. I haven't bought tickets for Sunday yet. There are plenty of available seats for Sunday afternoon, but the seats I have for Monday have been sold for then. For Sunday afternoon, 106 only has two isolated seats, and nothing is available at midcourt on the other side. I will either sit farther back in 204 or get the higher seat numbers (towards midcourt) in 105. I would choose 105 over 107 because tickets closest to midcourt are available two rows farther forward in 105.
Awesome. Hopefully you have no problem for the center court seats for Tuesday night to watch us cut down the nets.
I'm in the middle of the front row of 105. The fees added 48 percent to the price. The more expensive tickets are double, but they're really less than double because the fees are more but less than double. The fees for the Semifinals best seats added 20 percent to the price. If anyone is still going to buy and is undecided about what seats, keep in mind that the most expensive tickets are really less than double the cheapest tickets. There's middle price for the sides and corner where I would never sit. When I say most expensive, I'm excluding courtside, which is more expensive than I'm talking about.
Wags wrote: Haven't booked a hotel yet - where is everyone staying?
I will be at the Hilton Washington DC National Mall. I may spend a little time at the campus of another team I root for, George Washington (not George Mason).

Does anybody want to go to Ford's Theatre? It was rebuilt because after Lincoln was assassinated it burned down and killed a lot of people. Lincoln wanted Grant to go to show, which could have gotten Grant assassinated without being president. The Grants didn't go because Mrs. Lincoln and Mrs. Grant didn't get along. I'll type more details about Lincoln's assassination if anybody is interested.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Wags wrote:Haven't booked a hotel yet - where is everyone staying?
Sunday Courtyard Marriott, Monday Fairfield Inn Marriott in Alexandria, VA
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jessica Kalbfleisch, Assistant Director of Athletic Development, sent this email out today. Most of you who are going to WDC probably received it, but in case you didn't, here is the info. Good to see Hofstra organizing these events for its faithful fans.

Dear Hofstra Fans,

Wishing you a happy March - let the madness begin! As many of you know, this past Saturday our Hofstra men's basketball team won the Colonial Athletic Association regular-season title and clinched the #1 seed in the CAA Championship. The Pride will have a first-round bye and open play at Noon on Sunday, March 8, at the Entertainment and Sports Arena in Washington D.C.

The Hofstra Athletics Pride Club has partnered with the Hofstra Alumni Association to host some events surrounding the tournament. On Sunday, March 8, we will be having a mimosa toast and team send-off in the Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard lobby.

10 a.m. - Reception begins
10:30 a.m - Team send-off
11:00 a.m. - Free fan bus will shuttle attendees to/from the arena*
12 p.m. - Tip-off

If Hofstra advances, the Pride will then play in the semifinals on Monday, March 9, at 6 p.m. The pregame reception details will be as follows:

3:30 p.m. - Pregame meet-up at the Bluejacket Brewery
5 p.m. - Free fan bus will shuttle attendees to/from the arena*
6 p.m. - Tip-off

If Hofstra once again advances, the Pride will then play in the championship game on Tuesday, March 10, at 7 p.m. The pregame reception details will be as follows:

4:30 p.m. - Pregame meet-up at the Bluejacket Brewery
6 p.m. - Free fan bus will shuttle attendees to/from the arena*
7 p.m. - Tip-off

Below I have listed more information in regards to the locations of our events. If you plan on attending, please reply to this email or contact me at (631) 521-0920. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

GO PRIDE!

*The fan bus is subject to space availability. Following the game, the fan bus will drop attendees off back at the original pick-up location.

Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
140 L Street SE, Washington, District of Columbia 20003
(844) 758-9739

Bluejacket Brewery
300 Tingey Street SE, Washington, District of Columbia 20003
(202) 524-4862
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

What a great idea they had. So happy they're doing this. Cant wait to go.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I'll be at Courtyard by Marriott in Alexandria, Sunday through Tuesday nights
hualum

Post by hualum »

i didn't get it. Do you have an email address for her??>
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Definitely some great pregame events put on by Hofstra. Wish I was able to make it down there but I am actually away for work the beginning of next week.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To hualum, On the GoHofstra website, there is a list of all the athletic department staff members with their contact information.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

hualum wrote:i didn't get it. Do you have an email address for her??>
The email came from prideclub at hofstra.edu.
Wags

Post by Wags »

EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Schools are only able to sell tickets for the whole tournament, so I will never buy through a school. In the Semifinals I will be in 106, so I will have Hofstra fans on my left in 107.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Wags wrote:Haven't booked a hotel yet - where is everyone staying?
I’ll also be at the Fairfield Inn in Alexandria.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

If you want to gamble you can wait till game day and look on stub hub. Tickets will probably go below face value.
hualum

Post by hualum »

plans change AGAIN (damn kids)
Monday is out for me. . .
but on my balls if we play Tuesday I am taking a half day and driving down.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

stuball888 wrote:If you want to gamble you can wait till game day and look on stub hub. Tickets will probably go below face value.
Are you going down Stu?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Wish I could but I cant be away from the business for three days. We are short staffed now.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Safe travels to the few who are going down. Will be there tomorrow for the reception and team send off.
cant wait to cut these nets.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Love that tone Hofstra, bring some NY swagger to DC

Go get em all who are going down!

Hate that I and others can’t, but this is the reality when multi day tournaments are run predominately during the work week… Add in the family/kid factor and it’s just a challenging aspect to navigate and hard to justify the hoops that have to be jumped through in most cases. This was tough for me to understand until living it myself.

But a once in 2 decade experience to be a part of HU in the dance, that’s a whole different story!

I’m also curious about some rumors I’ve been hearing that there are thoughts or talks about playing the ncaa tournament this year in empty stadiums due to the virus risk… Now that would be quite interesting and stinky - wouldn’t that be bananas, for HU to finally make it and we couldn’t even attend!!