2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: 2020 CAA Tourney Trip

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra wrote: Haven't booked anything yet, still waiting. Not sure if it is going to be an uber everywhere type of weekend. I am unsure if the arena has parking. I know National Harbor is awesome, just not sure its worth it being so far out from the arena.

Besides Ev, anyone book? I am ecstatic about this trip.
When you buy tickets, you can prepay $12 for parking, type in your license plate number, and print something to bring. There is the Green Lot and the Blue Lot. If you prefer a subway, the Congress Heights station is near the entrance.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Anybody hear anything about the school sending buses down for the students? I remember in the Richmond days, it happened several times. This is a way easier trip and the team deserves all of the support.

Additionally, if the team makes it to Tuesday night, the school should 100% send additional buses. When I was at JMU in 2012, the school sent at least 10-20 bus loads of students to Richmond for the Championship which was a good 2 hours away. Hopefully the athletic department can get it done.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Has anyone heard from the Athletic Dept regarding tickets and what section Hofstra will have?

Kind of surprising that nothing has been sent out.
Wags

Post by Wags »

If anyone needs a ride to DC, let me know. Planning to go, but would rather not drive there and back alone.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Would be awesome for the school to send busloads of kids down to DC. For college kids, a few nights in DC could be awesome whether you like the team or not. I think that might reinvigorate the student section crowd for the last few games and hopefully next season.

I am debating whether to go down Saturday or Sunday AM. Most likely Saturday. Already took off Monday and Tuesday off.

Hope to hit Bens Chili Bowl and a Steakhouse. Anyone have plans down there?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I haven't been to one, but I'm thinking about trying Longhorn Steakhouse. When looking for restaurants, check Virginia, not just D.C.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

EvanJ wrote:I haven't been to one, but I'm thinking about trying Longhorn Steakhouse. When looking for restaurants, check Virginia, not just D.C.
Thanks. I will have my car, so nothing is off limits. Evan, how and when are you getting down there?
Polito

Post by Polito »

... and like clockwork, lol, I will have to travel that week :? :lol: oy vey, oh well! I'll be watching nearby from Philly - agh, so darn close!

One thing for sure though, when HU makes the dance, I will be there. All clear already for Rounds 1 and 2! Prayers up this is the year!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:... and like clockwork, lol, I will have to travel that week :? :lol: oy vey, oh well! I'll be watching nearby from Philly - agh, so darn close!

One thing for sure though, when HU makes the dance, I will be there. All clear already for Rounds 1 and 2! Prayers up this is the year!
Noooo, this can't be! They might need you to taunt W&M fans as the Little Napoleons in the CAA finals!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra wrote:
EvanJ wrote: I haven't been to one, but I'm thinking about trying Longhorn Steakhouse. When looking for restaurants, check Virginia, not just D.C.
Thanks. I will have my car, so nothing is off limits. Evan, how and when are you getting down there?
My parents are going. I will never drive.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Not saying this directly to you Polito, obviously work gets in the way of a ton of shit for many people. I just hope others are able to get down there. For sure, EvanJ and his parents, myself, Flying Dutch, Jaspegs, HUSID, Wags, hualum (Monday)...

Small crowd. Anyone have any wild excuses? We cant complain about the travel anymore. Not a tough trip at all. It was so easy to make fun of Towson when they didnt come to support their school, and believe me, many of yall did make fun of them.. Cmon, we need some more people to support the number 1 seed in the tourney.

8 people? damn.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I understand from Mike Healy that tickets have sold pretty well for us overall, but yes this Board should have better representation!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Last year's final that was far away from the geographic center of the CAA and had the two teams farthest away had an attendance of 2,892. If I counted correctly, the Final has 2,200-something tickets sold so far.
Polito

Post by Polito »

It’s ok hofstra, trust me I’m frustrated and agree with you. Is what it is for me, but hopeful that exciting finish pushes a few more over the decision fence to go!

I will be with a couple of peeps making sure to watch and draw attention from whatever bar we snag :)

And when it’s time to dance, I will be there to rep HU on a national scale with as many as I can bring!
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Any news on Hofstra sending down student busing?
Wags

Post by Wags »

Hofstra wrote: It was so easy to make fun of Towson when they didnt come to support their school, and believe me, many of yall did make fun of them.
Agree with you that it would be nice to get a bigger HU crowd going to DC, but not fair to compare that to what we said about Towson - that was when the tourney was in Baltimore, a 20-minute drive from Towson.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Wags wrote:
Hofstra wrote: It was so easy to make fun of Towson when they didnt come to support their school, and believe me, many of yall did make fun of them.
Agree with you that it would be nice to get a bigger HU crowd going to DC, but not fair to compare that to what we said about Towson - that was when the tourney was in Baltimore, a 20-minute drive from Towson.
Just seems that regardless of where the tournament is, we will never have a solid group of fans. It's an apathetic fan base. By no means do I mean anyone on here is apathetic.

Regardless, I cant wait to go down. Hoping to see them cut the nets down.
hualum

Post by hualum »

i will def be there monday night. - i'll reach out on here and ask you all where you are sitting. . . Wish I could do Tuesday (if we get there) but family obligations. . .

here's a thought- - - anyone have an IN at the school? Would anyone be up for ALL OF US splitting the cost of a student bus so if students wanted to go they could go for FREE on at least Tuesday night??
I get if they can't stay (classes, cost of hotel etc. . .)

Although (with the exception of this past Saturday) sadly i don't see much of a student section at games. . .which is sad.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I will be in 106 Row HH on Monday because I like being at midcourt. I haven't bought tickets for Sunday yet. There are plenty of available seats for Sunday afternoon, but the seats I have for Monday have been sold for then. For Sunday afternoon, 106 only has two isolated seats, and nothing is available at midcourt on the other side. I will either sit farther back in 204 or get the higher seat numbers (towards midcourt) in 105. I would choose 105 over 107 because tickets closest to midcourt are available two rows farther forward in 105.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

EvanJ wrote:I will be in 106 Row HH on Monday because I like being at midcourt. I haven't bought tickets for Sunday yet. There are plenty of available seats for Sunday afternoon, but the seats I have for Monday have been sold for then. For Sunday afternoon, 106 only has two isolated seats, and nothing is available at midcourt on the other side. I will either sit farther back in 204 or get the higher seat numbers (towards midcourt) in 105. I would choose 105 over 107 because tickets closest to midcourt are available two rows farther forward in 105.
Awesome. Hopefully you have no problem for the center court seats for Tuesday night to watch us cut down the nets.