Four Consecutive Christian Opponents Were Last Played In...

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Four Consecutive Christian Opponents Were Last Played In...

Post by EvanJ »

San Diego, Holy Cross, Canisius, and St. Bonaventure are four consecutive Christian opponents. The last time we played four consecutive Christian opponents was DePaul in the 2007 NIT and Holy Cross, Manhattan, and St. Francis (NY)/now St. Francis (Brooklyn) to start 2007-2008. The last time we played five consecutive Christian opponents was Lafayette twice to end 1986-1987 and Mount Saint Vincent, Iona, and Fairfield to start 1987-1988. The last time we played at least four consecutive Christian opponents in one season was the first six games on 1984-1985 against Iona, Virginia Wesleyan, Fordham, Marist, Santa Clara, and Brigham Young (BYU). Wikipedia says Virginia Wesleyan "is nonsectarian but is historically affiliated with The United Methodist Church." If you do not count them as Christian, it's still four consecutive Christian opponents in one season. In all cases, I'm assuming that whether a school is Christian or not has been the same from 1984-1985 to the present.
budman

Re: Four Consecutive Christian Opponents Were Last Played In

Post by budman »

Lafayette is not a Christian school.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://rpiratings.com/schoolaffiliations.php is my source, which says Lafayette is Presbyterian. I checked Wikipedia, which doesn't mention religion in the opening paragraphs, but the info box on the right says "Affiliation Presbyterian." Even if it religion isn't very important there, it is affiliated with Presbyterianism.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Many of the top tier institutions were divinity schools at one point. Not sure what the whole point of this topic is, other than to determine which teams God roots for?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk