Site Admin

CAA tournament semifinals vs Delaware

Post by cactus »

6 pm Monday

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
HofstraHockey

Re: CAA tournament semifinals vs Delaware

Post by HofstraHockey »

Crazy game. W&M was up by 14 at the half, 9 with under 10 min left and Delaware came all the way back. Hopefully that took a bit out of them. I actually shut it off early in the second half- wish I had kept watching.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I watched the first half of this game and with W&M up by 14 didn't think there was any chance of Delaware winning. W&M looked far superior BUT they had the fortitude to come back and with Pierce and Knight and good coaching its hard to believe this could have happened. It certainly seems like a far better matchup for us need to come out aggressive and stick it to them.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HofstraHockey wrote:Crazy game. W&M was up by 14 at the half, 9 with under 10 min left and Delaware came all the way back. Hopefully that took a bit out of them. I actually shut it off early in the second half- wish I had kept watching.
Watch it again, on demand:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/ ... Type=video
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Jojogunne wrote:
HofstraHockey wrote:Crazy game. W&M was up by 14 at the half, 9 with under 10 min left and Delaware came all the way back. Hopefully that took a bit out of them. I actually shut it off early in the second half- wish I had kept watching.
Watch it again, on demand:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/ ... Type=video
Kind of fun(ny) watch Delaware do that to W&M
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Enjoyed it big time...kick the Mary's to the curb...they are friggen full of themselves and for what? They are Oh for Life for
God's sake...enjoy th bus back home boys because I'm sure that's what you took.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Delaware looked much better than when we played them back in January (I did not see the second game).

Have to contain those two shooting guards.
Polito

Post by Polito »

This was sweeeeeeeeet boy - only time I've been jacked to see a UD win! Fantastic day all around with HU's revenge game W, and the arrogant ones sent home packing after talking smack to the team they weren't even playing - karma at it's finest.

Now bring on UD, let's get BUSY tomorrow night!

HU has already seen the improved Hens, will not be surprised - won't overlook them, this will be a battle like most games, but HU will be ready. First game over with as the hunted, jitters out, legs settled, it's time to play some BALL now.

GO HOFSTRA!!
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Jojogunne wrote:Delaware looked much better than when we played them back in January (I did not see the second game).

That was in December but point taken. Horton a freshman, has emerged as a star for the Blue Hens. He will probably have a big game but we should have enough offense to take it. Justin getting hot would be really really nice. I’m not sure how many people will agree but I’d much rather see Coc than NE if we make it past tomorrow.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:
Jojogunne wrote:Delaware looked much better than when we played them back in January (I did not see the second game).

That was in December but point taken. Horton a freshman, has emerged as a star for the Blue Hens. He will probably have a big game but we should have enough offense to take it. Justin getting hot would be really really nice. I’m not sure how many people will agree but I’d much rather see Coc than NE if we make it past tomorrow.
I would 100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

What day Is It???
GAME DAY!!!
Woot Woot
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Pride97 wrote:
Hof_Judge99 wrote:

I would 100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

If you go by the numbers we match up better against COC and have played them tough because in reality they have two very good players and after that their players are not the same caliber. NE has a lot of weapons and they played a lot of their players yesterday including Occeus. Their game tonight should be some epic battle. All we need to do is focus on one game at a time. We beat Delaware by a total of 67 points over two games. I hope the third time is a charm here because we know its tough to beat a team three times in a season. I like this match up far better then Bill & Mary so lets hope we don't come out complacent.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:If you go by the numbers we match up better against COC and have played them tough because in reality they have two very good players and after that their players are not the same caliber. NE has a lot of weapons and they played a lot of their players yesterday including Occeus. Their game tonight should be some epic battle. All we need to do is focus on one game at a time. We beat Delaware by a total of 67 points over two games. I hope the third time is a charm here because we know its tough to beat a team three times in a season. I like this match up far better then Bill & Mary so lets hope we don't come out complacent.
You are right - "one game at a time".
NE - year in year out they get players that fit a system implemented by Coen - they move, screen, cut - they have an O that finds opposing D's sleeping.
CofC - I do feel we match up better with.
However - if there was a year that teams need to figure us out and how to stop us - it is this year.
Beat Delaware!
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I do think NE is a tougher matchup, but the Coliseum will be full of CofC fans, if it gets to that point. Real home court for them.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraHockey wrote:I do think NE is a tougher matchup, but the Coliseum will be full of CofC fans, if it gets to that point. Real home court for them.
Forgot about that advantage for CofC - I wonder if we play NE will the place be empty because of the 2 most northern teams
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Delaware doesn't have depth. They have used 11 players. Only 9 have played significantly, and only 7 have played over 10 minutes per team game. Eric Carter is their only good rebounder. Kevin Anderson is second on them in rebounds with 4.1. His assists/turnover of 1.31 is bad for a point guard. All of their players except Carter have at least one-third of their field goal attempts be threes. Ryan Allen, Ithiel Horton, and Matt Veretto make over 1 three per game while shooting threes at least .369. With fewer attempts, Jacob Cushing and Collin Goss combine to shoot threes .425. They shoot threes .377, but let their opponents shoot threes .366. Allen and Horton don't shoot twos well, and Anderson doesn't shoot twos or threes well. All of their players shoot free throws from .667 to .786 except for Darian Bryant (.587), Cushing (12-for-12), Connor Rufo (1-for-2), and Davis Long (no attempts). All three of their shooting percentages are better than their opponents, but they have fewer points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than their opponents, along with more turnovers. Their only good differential is fewer fouls. In addition to 15.9 points, and 9.9 rebounds, Carter is second on the team with 2.4 assists.

UNCW fans are speculating that the CAA will tell the referees to make CofC win tonight so people go to the Final. If CofC gets help from the refs tonight but not against us, it could be good, although I don't want that to happen. We should root for overtime. If we want to win at all costs, it would be good if it's tied, Northeastern has the last chance in regulation, and they miss to go overtime when a foul should have been called but wasn't.

The CAA has never had a Final with both teams north of Virginia.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jerry Beach retweeted Charleston's president that a notable New Yorker went to the CAA Tournament. It's not a big deal that the mayor of Charleston went, but it is a big deal that Mayor de Blasio went.
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

I really hope we are not overlooking Delaware.

We HAVE to jump out on them and battle, battle, battle !!!!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

EvanJ wrote:Jerry Beach retweeted Charleston's president that a notable New Yorker went to the CAA Tournament. It's not a big deal that the mayor of Charleston went, but it is a big deal that Mayor de Blasio went.
IF BDB was there he was probably rooting for Northeastern - like any bad NY Mayor would (a Red Sox fan BDB is)