Football???

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
WMU2013

Football???

Post by WMU2013 »

Would love to see the Pride bring back Football. But Stu is a bum and wouldn't allow that during his tenure. Let's start a rally at Wendy's and get donations from fellow alumni as well. I love pride football
Flying Dutchmen

Re: Football???

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

WMU2013 wrote:Would love to see the Pride bring back Football. But Stu is a bum and wouldn't allow that during his tenure. Let's start a rally at Wendy's and get donations from fellow alumni as well. I love pride football
Was this written by a bot, a 3rd grader, or a WMU grad? Not much difference either way.
Wags

Post by Wags »

The "We want football!" chants from the Lion's Den (after they showed Marques Colston and other former HU football players on video boards) at the game on Saturday were great.

Only problem is those might be the only ones who would show up at games if football were brought back. Maybe someday. Happened for Villanova, though there was a lot of pressure to bring it back. No pressure at all from the HU community.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Was curious as to why the former football players were at the game...is it a special group? Did they have an event? I would have loved to speak to them if I had the opportunity...I would love to rekindle a flame to get football on the radar again at Hofstra and I think those guys could help make it happen....Just a thought!
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID74 wrote:Was curious as to why the former football players were at the game...is it a special group? Did they have an event? I would have loved to speak to them if I had the opportunity...I would love to rekindle a flame to get football on the radar again at Hofstra and I think those guys could help make it happen....Just a thought!
You're right. If it might ever happen (and that's a tremendous IF), getting those guys, and Chrebet, Raheem Morris, and anyone else who had a big impact on Hofstra football who went on to do big things afterwards, leading the charge and being the voice to drive or support the process of restoring the program, would be the way to do it.
HU76

Post by HU76 »

There will NEVER be football as long as Rabinowitz is president.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

He won't be president forever.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

HUSID74, Promise? Except for the football murder, President Rabinowitz has accomplished many good things for HU's future (debates, med school, etc). I just wish there was a way to start a serious discussion to see about the rebirth of football. Can you ask AD Cole about this possibility or is football a complete non starter?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

The Shadow wrote:HUSID74, Promise? Except for the football murder, President Rabinowitz has accomplished many good things for HU's future (debates, med school, etc). I just wish there was a way to start a serious discussion to see about the rebirth of football. Can you ask AD Cole about this possibility or is football a complete non starter?
It was interesting that Cole was sitting with what looked like Willie Colon and some of the other former players at the game. The last two ADs were afraid to EVEN mention the word football in any conversations...I may reach out to him at some point to find out what's going on.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Don’t hold your breath. Once Rabinowitz leaves then we have a chance
garyg

Post by garyg »

When is Rabinowitz leaving ??
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I can't see football coming back without a massive donor push. With all the information coming about regarding the effect of concussions and an overall decline of HS players in the sport, this would be the worst time to re-ignite the program.