2022 Women's Soccer

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

2022 Women's Soccer

Post by EvanJ »

The season begins on Thursday August 18 at 7:00 P.M. hosting Fairleigh Dickinson, who was 10-6-4 last year. We were 26th in the RPI, and they were 164th. https://gohofstra.com/sports/womens-soccer/schedule has the schedule. We have 5 of 9 nonconference games at home followed by 5 of 9 conference games at home. We host Oregon on September 11. The CAA Final is on November 5, which is in 12 weeks. World Cup 2022 (USA's Group Stage games are November 21, 25, and 29) will be at the same time as the NCAA Men's Soccer and Women's Soccer Tournaments.

https://caasports.com/news/2022/8/11/un ... orite.aspx has the preseason poll and honored players. North Carolina A&T apparently does not play Women's Soccer. The poll is:

1. UNCW
2. Hofstra
3. Northeastern
4. Monmouth
5. Towson
6. Elon
7. Delaware
8. Drexel
9. William & Mary
10. Stony Brook
11. Charleston
12. Hampton

There will be nine days on which every CAA team has a CAA game. Hopefully no games will be postponed, and the amount of games played will be equal after every day.
Last edited by EvanJ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jojogunne

Re: 2022 Women's Soccer

Post by Jojogunne »

I think you mean August 18
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

As far as the team is concerned we actually lost a good player to transfer when Georgia Brown transferred out to USF. She was the CAA rookie of the year and a very good player. According to the coach he said he never lost a player to transfer as long as he has been coaching there. It will be in interesting to see how well we do with the multitude of great players who graduated last year. Best of luck to Simon and the team.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:As far as the team is concerned we actually lost a good player to transfer when Georgia Brown transferred out to USF. She was the CAA rookie of the year and a very good player. According to the coach he said he never lost a player to transfer as long as he has been coaching there. It will be in interesting to see how well we do with the multitude of great players who graduated last year. Best of luck to Simon and the team.
Georgia was a massive loss in so many ways and extremely rare to lose someone like that for program. I think we will still be in mix for a CAA title given how great a coach Simon is, but we may have to temper expectations a bit with how much scoring we lost.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Georgia was 6ft tall and created mismatches in the box
This is a huge loss for us
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne wrote: I think you mean August 18
I edited my post to fix it.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=411727 will have statistics.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 3-2. The teams alternated goals. Thorhildur Thorhallsdottir, Anja Suttner, and Ellen Halselth scored. The last four goals were scored from 69:30 to 87:41, so we did not score the winner until there was 2:19 left. We had more shots on goal, 12 to 2, and we did not make any saves. The attendance was 311, and we led the CAA last year by averaging 538. stuball888 started a topic not seeing this topic.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

EvanJ wrote:Hofstra defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 3-2. The teams alternated goals. Thorhildur Thorhallsdottir, Anja Suttner, and Ellen Halselth scored. The last four goals were scored from 69:30 to 87:41, so we did not score the winner until there was 2:19 left. We had more shots on goal, 12 to 2, and we did not make any saves. The attendance was 311, and we led the CAA last year by averaging 538. stuball888 started a topic not seeing this topic.
Wasn't pretty at all but a win is a win and hopefully be confidence boost for a very young team.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Hm, seems like an odd transfer... anyone have the scoop behind this??
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:Hm, seems like an odd transfer... anyone have the scoop behind this??
I was told that she wanted a school(program) that was more scholastically advanced. A very smart kid that was definitely into the academics of the school.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:
Polito wrote:Hm, seems like an odd transfer... anyone have the scoop behind this??
I was told that she wanted a school(program) that was more scholastically advanced. A very smart kid that was definitely into the academics of the school.
If she went to Duke that would make sense but not South Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This is what I was told just relaying it. Don’t know what she studied or anything about USF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I don't don't doubt it, just saying her reasoning is flawed and there was probably more that drove decision. Major loss, but on positive front I loved what I saw Thursday from the two new freshmen from Iceland who teamed up on the first goal. There will be some growing pains, but am hoping we can still be in mix for CAA title.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Exactly what I thought HP1. Doesn’t add up - unless it’s a specific program and I’m just not up to speed - because USF isn’t exactly an academic powerhouse lol.

Oh well, things happen - sounds like they have some young talent - and they have Simon.

Working to take my girls to a game, their first - one of my twins started travel soccer this year and is kicking butt as a defender. Would love to see the lady pride…
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Polito wrote:Exactly what I thought HP1. Doesn’t add up - unless it’s a specific program and I’m just not up to speed - because USF isn’t exactly an academic powerhouse lol.

Oh well, things happen - sounds like they have some young talent - and they have Simon.

Working to take my girls to a game, their first - one of my twins started travel soccer this year and is kicking butt as a defender. Would love to see the lady pride…
I highly recommend Polito! No matter the talent you can just about always count on Simon-coached teams to play disciplined soccer so great learning ground for your daughters.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Get to a game for sure and who knows maybe get to meet the coach. A great guy and very transparent.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks for the push fellas, we are looking at dates - have a very good friend who played on the team awhile back, super player. Will see if we can get an intro to some of the current players / staff, that would be great.

My daughter is really loving the game, U10 travel now, playing my position and wearing my wifes number - I'm 100% sure she and my other two (competitive gymnastics) will have a blast. We are a sports fam for sure, and our girls love new experiences - we've already done the driving range a couple of times, and hit the batting cages for some slow softball pitches this past weekend.

I'm loving it! May not have the boy, but I don't feel it one bit! Love my 3 girls, and couldn't imagine anything better! 8-)
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Women push their record to 2-0-1 with a 3-0 win over Albany.
First goal was an own goal so it was credited as a team goal for Hofstra. It was an even game till Thorhildur Thorhailsdottir took over and scored two goals.
We now have to give her a cool nickname.
we now have She Hulk out on a streaming service.
I propose this.
She is now She Thor Goddess of Thunder.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cool. If she keeps playing the way she has it will be very fitting
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:Women push their record to 2-0-1 with a 3-0 win over Albany.
First goal was an own goal so it was credited as a team goal for Hofstra. It was an even game till Thorhildur Thorhailsdottir took over and scored two goals.
We now have to give her a cool nickname.
we now have She Hulk out on a streaming service.
I propose this.
She is now She Thor Goddess of Thunder.
Love it! Hopefully she keeps it up and nickname has legs.