Green Turtle now sponsoring Hofstra-Stony Brook match-ups

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraPride1

Green Turtle now sponsoring Hofstra-Stony Brook match-ups

Post by HofstraPride1 »

http://www.gohofstra.com/news/2018/8/26 ... esday.aspx

This volleyball release above mentions that how tomorrow's Hofstra-Stony Brook match "along with all of the Hofstra versus Stony Brook contests in all sports, is being billed as "The Long Island Rivalry", presented by The Greene Turtle." This is great move to add more spice to our local rivalry with them.
HofstraPride1

Re: Green Turtle now sponsoring Hofstra-Stony Brook match-up

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Another Hofstra win against our Long Island rival courtesy of men's soccer to move to 2-0 for the fall so far http://www.gohofstra.com/news/2018/9/12 ... brook.aspx
Hopefully women's soccer keeps the momentum going Sunday!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Women's soccer gets the job done, winning 1-0. They now lead the series 8-0 since 2000.
Anyone know what our overall record is versus SBU since the rivalry renewed a few years ago?

And as a side note, looks like even our club teams are embarrassing then inferior athletics program out east. https://twitter.com/StephenGorchov/stat ... 5819980800
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

To be fair, that is Stony Brook's B team. Their actual team would Zamboni the ice with ours.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We are actually 3-1this fall we lost to them in cross country
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

ProudofPride wrote:Anyone know what our overall record is versus SBU since the rivalry renewed a few years ago?
Looks like Stephen Gorchov partially answered your question today with our fall teams going 10-1-1 since 2014.

https://twitter.com/StephenGorchov/stat ... 7772597251
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

It’s only those three sports. He does not include cross country or tennis. Those are in tournament venues and of course SBU doesn’t have field hockey
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:It’s only those three sports. He does not include cross country or tennis. Those are in tournament venues and of course SBU doesn’t have field hockey
I am fine only counting those three sports since cross country and tennis are more individual based. I love how much we are dominating and could easily see us continuing into the winter the spring. The sports I probably have least confidence in winning are women's basketball and softball. We will not be playing them in women's lacrosse in spring, which would be one sport Stony Brook would probably have an automatic win in.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

And we're still undefeated against the min football....LOL!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

If you want to include cross country (as individuals, not teams), one of our runners on the men’s team actually won the Stony Brook Invitational this year!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Yes but look at the team scores. All track events have team scores whether it’s track and field or cross country golf is also individual but had team scoring
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Temembercits Hofstra Vs SBU not one individual we chery pick
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

stu are you honestly a fan of hofstra or sbu? on this thread it is almost like you are going out of your way to find sbu success in a series owned by hofstra. why not compliment how successful our teams are against them rather than point out one sport where they won something (but you arent even 100% correct on).
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Just being honest. Following Hofstra since 1995. That my alliegence. We are taliking team results not individual. If you want that then we should have a separate thread for that Cross country is a team sport. That why they have scores and like golf the lower score wins If you have a problem with that I suggest you take it up with the NCAA committee
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Also I am very good friends with Emily Richard and Simon. My grandson plays for Richard at the Massapequa soccer club. Any other things you would like to call me out on
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

HUClass19 did I see you call out Hofstra Hockey for saying we beat SBUs B team in hockey. No
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

HUclassof19 wrote:stu are you honestly a fan of hofstra or sbu? on this thread it is almost like you are going out of your way to find sbu success in a series owned by hofstra. why not compliment how successful our teams are against them rather than point out one sport where they won something (but you arent even 100% correct on).
I didn't take what Stu wrote as pro Stony Brook at all and know that he bleeds blue and gold.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually I was a little harsh with hu19. He only has 64, posts still a rookie. He will get to know us better. So to hu19 sorry for the harsh comeback.