Larissa Anderson

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Larissa Anderson

Post by HofstraHockey »

http://www.justinsworldofsoftball.com/n ... head-coach

Larissa Anderson is leaving Hofstra and heading to Missouri.

This is some huge news for the program. There are a lot of former players out there in coaching roles, so I'd be interested to see what direction they go.
stuball888

Re: Larissa Anderson

Post by stuball888 »

You can go the former player route or we can go outside the Hofstra family. My choice would be coach and AD of Molly College Susan Cassidy Lyke
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Not good

The new AD has one of the biggest tests he could possibly have, less than a week into his new role.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Shocking news on a Memorial Day weekend and certainly leaves quite a task right off the bat for Rick Cole (no pun intended.) Plenty of former Hofstra players in coaching ranks like East Carolina head coach Courtney Oliver. Will be very curious to see what direction they turn.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Is there any chance we lose any of our players because of the coach leaving??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Yes it depends on who we hire. I am worried because this is supposed to be one of the better classes coming in.If we keep Cornell and Dandola we can breathe a sigh of relief.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Called a few contacts and found this out. larrissa was offered 185K for the job. Also her budget for two asst coaches is 166K. Good for her she deserves the money and opportunity to prove herself on a bigger stage.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

That's SEC money right there. They also are a revenue sport, so I guess they have some money to spend. Good for her though.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I wonder why Wisconsin's coach turned down the job
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Because the Texas job will open up soon
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

stuball888 wrote:Called a few contacts and found this out. larrissa was offered 185K for the job. Also her budget for two asst coaches is 166K. Good for her she deserves the money and opportunity to prove herself on a bigger stage.
it was reported in the media.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

GREAT for her - NOT so great for our program.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Yes and no. Obviously the first thing you see is that it hurts them in the very near future.

But someone (I forget who, honestly) told me that there's something to be said for where the people that leave go afterwards. Larissa left to go to an SEC team. That's a huge move up (regardless of what you think of Hofstra's standing relative to them).

The candidates they're looking at will see that potential, and be attracted to the job. If she went to Fordham or St. John's or something (a la TP), people might think there's a real issue behind the move. Pay grade aside, a move into a power conference is seen as nothing but a step up.

One thing they have going for them is that Bill is still around (and I saw him very often at games this year. He was always out on the berm in left field)- I hope that the administration uses his knowledge and connections to help with this transition forward.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Agree 100% HH She goes to a school in the best conference in the nation she will be able to renew her rivalry with Auburn coach Mickey Dean
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Of note, Fordham's coach just took the Villanova job. Considering we've been the top two programs in the area for a while, it'll be interesting to see which school makes the better hire.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I have faith that we will make the best hire possible. If Bill Edwards has any input we should be just fine. What I would love to see is Hofstra playing Missouri
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Anyone have any update on potential candidates? Hopefully we move quickly, and can retain as many current players and recruits as possible. The camp scheduled for yesterday was cancelled, since there was no coach to run it.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

The WCWS just ended, so it may take a bit to get through interviews and get someone in place.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I’m in North Carolina. Anyone have any info on how the search is going for Larissa’s replacement