CAA Playoffs - Game 1 vs UNCW

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

CAA Playoffs - Game 1 vs UNCW

Post by Cards »

Well gents, here we go. The season so far has been both fun and frustrating, and thankfully mostly the former. The reality of the situation however, is that we have done nothing to secure an NCAA or NIT berth (both soon to be decided). I am holding out for a big night on Tuesday, but even if we get to Tuesday but cannot seal the deal, I'm hoping for a shot at the NIT (still would be "iffy").

Around mid season I had stated that you never know what kind of a game you can expect from this team - some times they showed up, some times not, sometimes the coaching was fine and some times not, many times the defense was suspect. I think that I am more confident now and feel that the guys (coaches included) have improved over the last 3-4 weeks. Most importantly, i think the defense has come up a notch.

If our road takes us through UNCW, NU, and CoC - that is certainly no cakewalk, but, i believe (more now than a month age) that it can be done.

Lets go Pride - big game tonight to start the ball rolling!
triplec2195

Re: CAA Playoffs - Game 1 vs UNCW

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:Well gents, here we go. The season so far has been both fun and frustrating, and thankfully mostly the former. The reality of the situation however, is that we have done nothing to secure an NCAA or NIT berth (both soon to be decided). I am holding out for a big night on Tuesday, but even if we get to Tuesday but cannot seal the deal, I'm hoping for a shot at the NIT (still would be "iffy").

Around mid season I had stated that you never know what kind of a game you can expect from this team - some times they showed up, some times not, sometimes the coaching was fine and some times not, many times the defense was suspect. I think that I am more confident now and feel that the guys (coaches included) have improved over the last 3-4 weeks. Most importantly, i think the defense has come up a notch.

If our road takes us through UNCW, NU, and CoC - that is certainly no cakewalk, but, i believe (more now than a month age) that it can be done.

Lets go Pride - big game tonight to start the ball rolling!
Yes in agreement with this we're on a roll let's keep the ball rolling. We can win this but one game at a time. Everything u said Cards there's truth too and I'll reiterate once again the KEY to this game is not letting Cacock have a field day period. If we keep him within reasonable parameters we're going to win this game if not we're in trouble and deserve to lose. Losing is not an option so I'm not going to mention it again! I personally don't particularly like this team based on our wars 2 years ago so let's take care of business and move on.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Every great journey begins with a single step...come out strong, play hard, stay within ourselves and we should be ok tonight....hopefully the team wants to make up for that blow out a couple of weeks ago...GO PRIDE!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Cards wrote:Well gents, here we go. The season so far has been both fun and frustrating, and thankfully mostly the former. The reality of the situation however, is that we have done nothing to secure an NCAA or NIT berth (both soon to be decided). I am holding out for a big night on Tuesday, but even if we get to Tuesday but cannot seal the deal, I'm hoping for a shot at the NIT (still would be "iffy").
The resume isn't NIT-worthy. It's NCAAT or bust. So then, even more urgency starting tonight and hopefully over the next two nights.

But they have a good shot. This is not the tougher task of the past, like trying to get through VCU, ODU or Mason in Richmond. It's a pretty open tournament, especially if you're in the top 3, like HU. In the past, it might not have mattered how well they played. This time, it's not about the other teams. If HU plays its game for three straight nights, I think it'll be enough. Might have to hit those FTs though!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Like I said one game at a time no games will be laugher's starting with tonight's that we can't look past!
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:Like I said one game at a time no games will be laugher's starting with tonight's that we can't look past!
On that note, Drexel pushing Charleston right now (up 48-45 with 9:33 left) is great for Hofstra even if Charleston wins.
That should get their attention to not look past UNCW.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Wags wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Like I said one game at a time no games will be laugher's starting with tonight's that we can't look past!
On that note, Drexel pushing Charleston right now (up 48-45 with 9:33 left) is great for Hofstra even if Charleston wins.
That should get their attention to not look past UNCW.
UNCW as a team has a lot of statistical edges against Hofstra, can put the ball in the hoop, and smoked them by 20 last time they met. They shouldn't be looking past them, it will be a tough game to win.

Charleston up 6 with less than 3 minutes to go now, taking over down the stretch.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Conf Tourney all about this:

GO 1-0 !!!

No other strategy, WIN THE DAY!
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Just win baby! Have a different feeling about this tourney... let’s go!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Agree with all the above. I would have preferred not to draw UNCW since I don’t think it’s a great matchup but it won’t get any easier should they advance.

I believe if we play our game we should take this one.

Right now Polito is right. Win today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

Hopefully this is the year it's all chalk to the semis. Otherwise, not feeling great about playing last today with no upsets yet, because if there is to be at least one upset, this is the one. But I do think they'll get the job done tonight.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The bad news is the video isn't working. The good news is Cacok committed 2 fouls in 1:30. I'd rather listen to a win than watch a loss.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Anyone else having trouble with the stream ?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

ZMAN3 wrote:Anyone else having trouble with the stream ?
Yup. I keep having to refresh it.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Need to take advantage early with Cacok on the bench.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Stream not working for The Shadow.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

ProudofPride wrote:Need to take advantage early with Cacok on the bench.
.... and of course we're not. Once up 4-0, now down 9-4.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

They have come out tight

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

No stream....sucks
The Shadow