Hofstra softball 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Re: Hofstra softball 2018

Post by HofstraHockey »

Wow. What a brutal way to end it. Rise ball that didn't rise enough.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Wow what a heart breaker so close!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The postgame press conference was tough to watch i've never seen Coach get that choked up before. While there are a lot of seniors this year, the future is still very bright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46AHyASq2yY
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

The good thing is that the pitching is young, and this sport is all about who you have in the circle. Too early to call on Dandola as being one of the top pitchers in program history (Cornell will be on the "very good" list, but I don't think on the all time greats list), but this will be two more years of one of the best 1-2 combos they've had. Need to develop a reliever, but the starters are set.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

this team gave a lot of credibility to coach anderson resume - she followed a legend in coach edwards - that was a tough act to follow and anderson proved a lot this year.
ive met anderson at a few clinics and she is a class act as person - and is a well proven assistant coach - now she has shown she can carry the torch for edwards and keep hofstra softball relevant and on the national softball map. I am happy for her and the HU softball program.
next season they are going to be hit with some big senior losses - replacing those key players isn't going to be easy - but i have to believe that this teams success gives us a competitive edge in recruiting in the future again.
cornell and dandola gives us nice foundation to build around. my daughter played with and against both of these two long island standouts - cornell was a complete stud from an early age and i am not surprised about her ability to translate her game to a college level - dandola is much MUCH better then i would've guessed, i am glad she didn't pitch much against us in high school - it wouldn't have been fair - dandola is really impressive. cornell and dandola, played travel ball together, show a camaraderie that is so important to their success and really cool to see.
congrats girls!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

All 16 seeds won their Regionals. South Carolina beat Liberty twice yesterday.