Game#23 vs Elon

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

Game#23 vs Elon

Post by joeg1 »

Pemberton right foot in a boot...no bueno.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
joeg1

Re: Game#23 vs Elon

Post by joeg1 »

joeg1 wrote:Pemberton right foot in a boot...no bueno.

and Rok doesn't appear to be warming up either.

ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The Chronicle confirmed both Gustys and Pemberton are out today. Greer and Sabety are starting in their place. Gustys with a "lower body injury" per WRHU. Not good at all. Robinson and Walker are literally our entire bench today, besides on the walk-ons.

The nightmare continues...

I suspected something was up based on this tweet. The only HU players in it are the walk-ons, DB, ST, EP, and RG. It seemed weird for RG to be in it, since it's game day and it's clearly not something the whole team participated in. https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/8 ... 8738044928
Polito

Post by Polito »

Video is awful for me... slow as molasses and constantly breaking - anyone else??

Brutal on the injuries - but bet JM and this staff have their season excuses now - at least they'll now have to play Walker - prob should've been playing and developing him for the last 2 yrs ... :roll: I hope he KILLS it
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Sabety already with 2 fouls less than 5 minutes into the game, Walker subbed in and picked up a ticky-tack foul after being on the court less than a minute. We may be out of big men before the second half starts at the rate these whistles are being blown.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I can't see a thing... constantly just trying to load - this is terrible - is it HUs issue or am I the only one?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Polito wrote:I can't see a thing... constantly just trying to load - this is terrible - is it HUs issue or am I the only one?
Not working for me either, it was up until a few minutes ago. Audio is working just fine though, so Im listening and following along on live stats.

Update: video just started working again.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

I can't watch anymore.

I was also wrong about JM, he is not a good coach at all.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Finally got the video working great ... unfortunately because now I can see this mess

This team does nothing but chuck up shots - it's pitiful - this coaching staff needs to be spoken to

Players have NO IDEA what to do when they are open other than shoot, no matter what the situation, time on clock, matchups, etc - there is literally zero consideration or game awareness in this team – and I'm sorry but that has to fall squarely on this coaching staff – they have done an extremely poor job putting the pieces together for the season

I understand they've lost to keep pieces to injury, but that again is the staffs fault for not properly developing their depth and bench play – and they have done an extremely poor job of filling those pieces together this year - A year mind you that they actually have players on the bench to play

This is not acceptable… This cannot be acceptable – the staff must be held accountable for the train rack that we are being forced to watch and the complete waste of a decent enough amount of talent to be a mid pack conference team

The more I watch the scarier this is becoming - because I'm confident in my assessment of their recruiting and the talent level, it just points the arrow bigger and bolder towards the actual coaching – and that is much more difficult to change
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

As soon as we get momentum and get right back in the game, Greer fouls out, and JWF has 4. Still more than 10 minutes left to go.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Seems like someone on the other team has been getting season-highs or career-highs all season against Hofstra.

Today, one already has a career-high (Dawkins), another (Seibring) is just two away.

73-67, Elon, just over 4 left.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

I have a bad feeling JWF "might" want to transfer to a Major Conf.Team.
Last edited by DCDUTCH on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Obviously team not good and can't play D and JM is clueless.

Zone D is not working.
Wags wrote:Seems like someone on the other team has been getting season-highs or career-highs all season against Hofstra.

Today, one already has a career-high (Dawkins), another (Seibring) is just two away.

73-67, Elon, just over 4 left.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

This was pretty much penciled in as a loss before the game even started, with virtually no bench. Up until Elon's run towards the end of the game, the second half was great, it's just hard to sustain that momentum when there's no depth.

Elsewhere in the CAA, the Little Napoleons are destroying UNCW.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Sabety killed it in his debut. I don't care about the two fouls at the beginning - 1 legit and 1 BS. He came in powerful and is WAY more efficient than someone else. Hunter can run and get to the other side faster than most players and brings the energy to the team. Very happy to see he showed up tonight.

Was expecting more from Walker - then again coach pays him no attention the entire season. Good preparation JM.

To be honest - the above comments about JWF transferring - he should. So should Eli. JM better get on his recruiting game and better fix his coaching game. Quit screaming at the refs and coach your damn team.
Cards

Post by Cards »

same old "chuck it up and hope game". Zero team work. Coaching is non existent.

Now we know why Walker never plays. Probably not his fault after 2 1/2 years of being ignored. His defense, which was originally his strength, was at the high school level tonight. Caught multiple times on D with his man between him and the basket :shock: He had a chance tonight to show something and now will surely never see the court again.

Sebatey brings a spark and good effort on D. Not close to the rebounder Rok is however, he doesn't have the rebounding anticipation to be in good position. The boards he does get are solely from athleticism and effort.

Very disappointed this year in TG and JR. Can you imagine what the rest of the season will be like if EP and RG either can't play or can't play at full strength.

Bright spots of the entire season have to be EP and JWF.

Today I heard grown men in the stands yelling at JM saying "why don't you stop yelling at the refs and try coaching for once". nuff said
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Maybe JM is not the right fit.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

You can say all you want about JAM and the coaching but that's a lot of BS. This team came into this game with essentially three starters out and no bench...and for all of you screaming for Walker you all got to see him tonight...a freakin disaster...this is what the coaches have been saying all along...he can't play...and to criticize Mihalich for screaming at the refs they deserved it...they were horrible...baldy inhaled his whistle when it came to Hofstra...no calls...I sat courtside and let me tell you, Mihalich shows more energy coaching this team than several of our players...he spent most of the game calling plays and encouraging his players and they performed...they flat out ran out of gas against a very good Elon team...and all of you who talk about our team depth there is none...once we lost Buie this team was severely limited...we get nothing out of the four spot and need to go small to get any kind of offense which hurts us on the defensive end...many of you have been clamoring in for two bigs to play at once and you got that tonight and now you see why that doesn't work...this roster is very limited and now decimated...stop blaming the coaching staff and look at what's on the floor...they played hard tonight and got the lead late in the second...they flat out ran out of gas....that's the reality wheather you all like it or not...We were picked to be sixth in the League for a good reaso...that's were we should be and still could wind up there...we are one or two players short of contending...no matter who the coach is...that is the reality of this season.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

To be honest - you can't compare playing walker and sabety to the comments that have been made about playing two bigs at once. CLEARLY anyone who has said that is referring to Rok and sabety being put in together for a change. Not a great comparison HUSID80.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Coaching staff must be held accountable...they recruit these players and usually hang on to 2 or 3 scholarships leaving us with short bench every season...they supposedly develop these players...and they are responsible for the game coaching....it all falls on them HUSID80....they run the entire show so the responsibility of putting a competitive product on the floor is their's