Transfer Portal

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
dutchPride86

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by dutchPride86 »

Interesting pickup! Where Sunday is a post up player in the Warren Williams mold, Fritz seems to play more to Nelson's style (but as a much more skilled scorer). The only question/concern for me.... Fritz is only listed at 215 lbs, can he hold up defensively in the post against Amari Williams/Thompson/Brzovic/Power 5 bigs?

Regardless, feels like team is close to set:

Pg - Carlos
Sg - Thomas
SF - Dubar
PF - Wilmoth
C - Fritz

Bench - Sunday, Washington and Plotnikov. (We know Speedy rarely goes more than 8 or 9 deep anyway, and figure Farmer/Barrouk/KJ compete for minutes as the 9th guy)

Feels like a team that should definitely be in the mix for a top 4 spot, but not sure if we can consider a true title contender without Thomas, Carlos, and Dubar all taking the next respective steps in their development.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

dutchPride86 wrote:Interesting pickup! Where Sunday is a post up player in the Warren Williams mold, Fritz seems to play more to Nelson's style (but as a much more skilled scorer). The only question/concern for me.... Fritz is only listed at 215 lbs, can he hold up defensively in the post against Amari Williams/Thompson/Brzovic/Power 5 bigs?

Regardless, feels like team is close to set:

Pg - Carlos
Sg - Thomas
SF - Dubar
PF - Wilmoth
C - Fritz

Bench - Sunday, Washington and Plotnikov. (We know Speedy rarely goes more than 8 or 9 deep anyway, and figure Farmer/Barrouk/KJ compete for minutes as the 9th guy)

Feels like a team that should definitely be in the mix for a top 4 spot, but not sure if we can consider a true title contender without Thomas, Carlos, and Dubar all taking the next respective steps in their development.
I like this roster

Nice work Speedy
Mark19th

Post by Mark19th »

Starting lineup will be Fritz, Carlos, Thomas, Dunbar and Plotnikov with Washington, Farmer and Sunday getting minutes off the bench. Robinson will redshirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Mark19th wrote:Starting lineup will be Fritz, Carlos, Thomas, Dunbar and Plotnikov with Washington, Farmer and Sunday getting minutes off the bench. Robinson will redshirt.

and...no playing time for Wilmoth - i know it is an oversight but he could start too or major minutes off the bench
mikey75

Post by mikey75 »

would be nice to get another 6' 7" or so guy who can defend and/or another scorer. How many scholarships do we have left?
garyg

Post by garyg »

Have we used up all our schollies ???
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

garyg wrote:Have we used up all our schollies ???
One left not counting the rumor about the 7 footer from iona

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Sidelines Hofstra has German starting at the 4 andFritz the starting 5. Wilmoth coming off the bench.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This team takes on an entirely different look with an experienced post player that can shoot the three.
Mark19th

Post by Mark19th »

Not sure of Wilmoth’s role…not really a center…hardly player for Butler, but was a very good high school player. Was he injured? Didn’t play defense? Maybe a change of scenery brings his game back. From videos of him, looks like he can hit an outside shot and can also slash to the basket for a layup or dunk.

daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Wilmoth
Silas
Fritz
Shema (maybe)

I am starting to think - as someone else said - that maybe Manyang was not really in HU future (maybe it was us and not him deciding to him leaving)
Captain

Post by Captain »

I saw on the Iona board that a student posted that he saw Shema in a diner and asked if hi is staying at Iona and he said yes. The package deal may be Sunday and his high school teammate from Our Savior Lutheran who is 6’6” Sadiku Ibine Ayo.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

“Iona has also added Harvard transfer Idan Tretout and Class of 2023 guards Jean Araguren and Jeremiah Quigley and Class of 2023 forward Dylan Saunders, while losing Walter Clayton Jr. (Florida), Daniss Jenkins (St. John’s), Nelly Junior Joseph (New Mexico), Silas Sunday (Hofstra) and Sadiku Ibine Ayo from last year’s NCAA Tournament team under Rick Pitino.
Osborn Shema, a 7-footer who averaged 7.0 points and 4.7 rebounds, is Iona’s lone returning player”

Ayo still available per yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garyg

Post by garyg »

How many years is Sunday eligible for ??
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

garyg wrote:How many years is Sunday eligible for ??
I believe 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark19th

Post by Mark19th »

Fearless forecast: The most important addition to the rotation next year is already at Hofstra….Khalil Farmer. By the end of next season he’ll be starting. Good size, quick, excellent shooter, will play strong defense and is a team player. Speculating that Amar’e Marshall transferred out because he knew how good Farmer is and that he…Marshall…was not going to play much.

daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Mark19th wrote:Fearless forecast: The most important addition to the rotation next year is already at Hofstra….Khalil Farmer. By the end of next season he’ll be starting. Good size, quick, excellent shooter, will play strong defense and is a team player. Speculating that Amar’e Marshall transferred out because he knew how good Farmer is and that he…Marshall…was not going to play much.

WOW - thatd be something - I hope you are right. I know nothing of him.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Mark19th....Do you know him? That's a pretty bolf prediction! Did he redshirt last year? I don't beleive he played at all last year.
If this is true he could be the missing link to us having a GREAT season! Fingers crossed!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Yes, Farmer redshirted last year. He was one of the top players in the Philly Catholic league in high school.
Mark19th

Post by Mark19th »

Anybody notice that Estada’s game deteriorated toward the end of the season? He was hurt, returned and then was out sick. After returning from being ill, his game was off…Thomas was the better player down the stretch, in my opinion. Remember the Rutgers game? Estrada fouled out as Hofstra won in overtime. Thomas is the money player.