Transfer Portal

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
The Shadow

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by The Shadow »

Kevin Schutte is from Zwolle, the Netherlands. After HU, he transferred to Incarnate Word in Texas.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Were Kevin Schutte and Obi Toppin separated at birth? Pretty big time resemblance in face and size I think.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Also Wessel Spiel out mens soccer goalie the last fews years was Dutch
dutchPride86

Post by dutchPride86 »

Jordan Riley committed to Temple today. I know Hofstra never seemed to be in on him for whatever reason (probably that Tyler stayed?), but it had been reported that he was scheduled to take a visit to Towson today. So if not us at least not them!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I would have liked to get him but choosing the American conference over the CAA seems like a no brainer. Riley has yet to prove himself though on the collegiate level.
dutchPride86

Post by dutchPride86 »

Another Hofstra adjacent transfer today that I found interesting... Seton Hall just landed Isaiah Coleman, who was the top 100 4-star recruit Kelsey had got a letter of intent from in the fall to go to Charleston. He would have been one of, if not the highest rated freshman recruit in the CAA since Hofstras been a member.

Charleston has landed a couple more D2 stars, Polecelli, and a Ryan Larson PG replacement in the portal though so I'm sure they'll still be a serious contender.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jordan Dingle, Ivy League POY and #2 scorer in D1, also to SJU.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Looks we got a commitment from JUCO transfer Eric Parnell.

https://twitter.com/_ericparnell/status ... 38562?s=20
dutchPride86

Post by dutchPride86 »

ProudofPride wrote:Looks we got a commitment from JUCO transfer Eric Parnell.

https://twitter.com/_ericparnell/status ... 38562?s=20
Sounds like he's a strong 3pt shooter. Decent size at 6'3, 3 yrs of eligibility left. He was also named one of the mvps of a recent juco freshman all star showcase.

Feels like backcourt getting a little crowded, though this signing could be an indication that they do plan on still starting 4 guards with Wilmoth as a bench piece instead of their first true starting PF in forever. Could also mean maybe KJ Robinson redshirting as many hofstra freshman do. Just hopefully not any indication that they aren't confident in Tyler coming back from the draft
Captain

Post by Captain »

Who will grab the 3rd guard main role, Plotnikov, Farmer, Washington or Parnell? If Thomas is getting doubled, we need a capable scoring option in the backcourt. Who has the best offensive game, who plays the better D? Sounds like we have options and depth.
BTW it appears we have used all scholarships.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I heard we were working out a JUCO guard from Colin but didn't know who it was but he said he could really shoot. Just another weapon in our arsenal as we make up for the 20 points a game we lost among other things. We have good size and should be tougher on the boards. People are real high on Fritz I've heard.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

G
Carlos
Robinson
Washington
Thomas
Farmer
Parnell
Barrouk
Plotnikov

F
Dubar
Wilmoth
Tomasco
Fritz
Sunday
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Looks like the roster is complete barring any late transfers...what do we think? Good enough to compete for a title? How do we stack up against the rest of the CAA?
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Definitely seems solid enough to complete tin the CAA. Don't think we will be picked #1 though; probably top 4.

What do we think the starting lineup will be? Carlos, Thomas and Dubar are the returning starters. So I would pencil those in. Fritz seems the logical big man to start. Who do we think the other guard will be?
Captain

Post by Captain »

My guess is Bryce Washington. Good defender. Don't think he took another year for spotty playing time. If he can stay healthy he may show us a lot of game.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I don't know if we go with another guard or a PF which could mean Wilmoth gets minutes at the 4. Who's the backup PG if Carlos is not playing well, foul trouble or injured. Is this position given to the freshman PG Robinson or does Washington get those minutes. Washington is a good player with plenty of upside but can we count on him to consistently score.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Manyang to Valpo

https://twitter.com/lmanyang/status/165 ... kTTCbXSngg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk