Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Post by triplec2195 »

Sponsors are keeping the status quo here. That’s what I’ve been told but change could and should be in the making. This program deserves better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:Sponsors are keeping the status quo here. That’s what I’ve been told but change could and should be in the making. This program deserves better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So no change for 2023 season from what you are hearing?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

You know the coaches daughter is a senior playing lacrosse here so I was told this would be his last year but this isn't etched in stone maybe more wishful thinking. I'll see what I hear.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I believe Seths daughter still has another year left due to Covid.
Seth should be back next year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

It certainly could be true unfortunately!!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:I believe Seths daughter still has another year left due to Covid.
Seth should be back next year.
She was honored at senior day yesterday but all the seniors were and some will use the extra year. Not sure about her.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Does anyone know the details of his contract, any years left, etc.

That could be the key. He has been a great representative of this school for a long time, so I doubt he will be kicked to the curb, more like a non-renewal when the time comes.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I think his contract runs out this year however because of Covid they might have extended it one year only time will tail
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

The last time they announced multi-year contract extension was after the 2017 season.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I believe for 5 years I think because of Covid every coach has an extra year option unless the schools buy them out
BringBackFootball

Post by BringBackFootball »

Terrific at least 1 more season of meaningless lacrosse putting the program in an even bigger hole to eventually climb out of one day. Typical Hofstra Athletics move.
Polito

Post by Polito »

… sigh, and a big fat yawn. No action would be par for the course.

Sorry but NO ONE should be bigger or more important than the program. No one. I don’t give a damn if he has 6 kids here. Thanks for your service. Give him an advisor role to save face and do right by his family. You don’t tank a program because of one guy who can’t cut the mustard. That’s absolute idiotic reckless buffoonery.

Some wonder why I accuse this U of being bush league, not caring, not being fully committed or fully investing. Continued inaction here would be Exhibit A.

This is HUs chance to PROVE they actually give a rip. Please, for the love of all that is good in this life, cowboy up and show your competence Admin. Do your job, save this program, and EARN US BACK.
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

Just so I am clear, you all want a new coach and you want a guy that was an assistant at Hofstra that now has one of the best jobs in college lacrosse to come "home" . I can understand while not agreeing with the first part but I can not understand the logic that thinks there is anyway in the world that Coach Amplo would leave the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis Md. a team that plays in the Patriot league to come Hofstra in Uniondale NY and plays in the CAA. I just do not see it. I think there is a much better chance of Getting Unterstein or Caputo to come back or they turn it over to Gorman. IMHO
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Dutchflid just a slight correction HU is actually in Hempstead, lol and maybe that puts us over the top. I think we need new coaches here it's just time for a change . This program is in a rut and needs new faces just like our softball and baseball teams. They seem to be doing OK with an out with the old an in with the new approach. I'm very happy with both programs and saw the softball team and I was impressed. If we had a full pitching staff we would even be better. Baseball playing at a high level as well discounting the Rutgers game.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Here is a name
Mike Pressler from Bryant
He was a Duke lacrosse coach before Dino took over
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

triplec2195 wrote:Dutchflid just a slight correction HU is actually in Hempstead, lol and maybe that puts us over the top. I think we need new coaches here it's just time for a change . This program is in a rut and needs new faces just like our softball and baseball teams. They seem to be doing OK with an out with the old an in with the new approach. I'm very happy with both programs and saw the softball team and I was impressed. If we had a full pitching staff we would even be better. Baseball playing at a high level as well discounting the Rutgers game.
We are both correct, The university's address is Hempstead and the class rooms are Hempstead but the Stadium, Dorms and all athletic facilities are Uniondale

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Union ... 73.5931669
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Dutchflid wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Dutchflid just a slight correction HU is actually in Hempstead, lol and maybe that puts us over the top. I think we need new coaches here it's just time for a change . This program is in a rut and needs new faces just like our softball and baseball teams. They seem to be doing OK with an out with the old an in with the new approach. I'm very happy with both programs and saw the softball team and I was impressed. If we had a full pitching staff we would even be better. Baseball playing at a high level as well discounting the Rutgers game.
We are both correct, The university's address is Hempstead and the class rooms are Hempstead but the Stadium, Dorms and all athletic facilities are Uniondale

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Union ... 73.5931669
I certainly did not know that so thanks for the info.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Just so I am clear, you all want a new coach and you want a guy that was an assistant at Hofstra that now has one of the best jobs in college lacrosse to come "home" . I can understand while not agreeing with the first part but I can not understand the logic that thinks there is anyway in the world that Coach Amplo would leave the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis Md. a team that plays in the Patriot league to come Hofstra in Uniondale NY and plays in the CAA. I just do not see it. I think there is a much better chance of Getting Unterstein or Caputo to come back or they turn it over to Gorman. IMHO
This is a good topic to discuss...

Although Navy is a tradition rich program, I do not see the present day Navy as a mens lax blue blood at all. They are average at best in today's game. They are also hampered by recruiting restrictions Joe will not face at HU. It will be MUCH easier to bring in talent to an exciting HU program than to a service academy for obvious reasons. And he has no real ties to Navy. He is HU family.

Like Navy, HU also has a history, is also in a hotbed of talent, and can easily be resurrected from the dead with the right leader. HU is also in a winnable conf with a pretty clear path to the NCAAT.

I'm not sure either is better than the other, so what HU will need to do is open up the bank account and put some bags of $ together to reel him away. And that's what a D1 program SHOULD do if they truly want to win.

Sorry, but I want ZERO to do with any staff member who has been a part of this debacle the last ten years, unless they are an absolute guaranteed stud that was just being held back. Doubtful. HU likely needs fresh leadership, not an ST 'protege', if there is such a thing.

Is Unterstein or Caputo a lock to be the next superstar lax coach? What proven experience do they have at the D1 level? Beyond just assisting HU during crappy years simply because they are talented alumni. I don't know, asking - if so, great, go make it happen. Are there other top level assistants from Cuse, UVA, Maryland, or Duke??? I'm sure! Go after them aggressively for goodness sake!! Discount shopping doesn't cut it at this level. HU needs premier leadership.

Otherwise, you do whatever it takes to bring your prodigal stud 'son' back home. A real admin with real championship expectations achieves this. Period.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

Missed this yesterday, CAA champ Delaware upset #2 National seed Georgetown 10-9 in tournament 1st round. Reminder, Hofstra beat Delaware during regular season 12-11.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

CTDutch wrote:Missed this yesterday, CAA champ Delaware upset #2 National seed Georgetown 10-9 in tournament 1st round. Reminder, Hofstra beat Delaware during regular season 12-11.
And remember CT we beat Arkansas who beat Gonzaga....... just sayin..........