Omar. YIKES!!!!!!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

Omar. YIKES!!!!!!

Post by Hofstra »

This kid needs to find a seat on the bench. Just brutal down the stretch.
Dooku25

Re: Omar. YIKES!!!!!!

Post by Dooku25 »

Omar gets too many minutes. Not sure if it's just because we have nobody else? But something has to change. He should be playing 10-15 minutes max and if he's cold like tonight he should not see the floor more than that. Same with Carlos who at this stage of his young career is a complete non factor. If it's between him and Burgess I would have to play Burgess who at least should be able to defend. Either way this team needs to get healthy quick. Not sure if cooks reinjured himself and if Dubar is now going to miss time also.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

If Silverio is not set on his feet he misses the shot. If he takes a shat where he is not set he should sit.

Without Dubar and Cooks we are severly limited offensively but we should still have enough to beat the likes of a William & Mary....HORRENDDOUS PERFORMANCE!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Won't bother pulling my direct quote from awhile back, will just say hate to be right in this case.

Thing with Omar is, he and Speedy proved he CAN be useful and make a positive impact - but he MUST be used correctly. This game was a total failure on the coaching staff. 100%. Omar was one of a few key major mistakes allowed by Speedy and Co. Omar has shown he has no ability to self control, so it's up to the staff, and they blew it in this game. Once again acting like the only thing they can do is win by shooting a million shots and so they kept him in the game to shoot shoot shoot because they have no other offensive plan.

Unacceptable to not recognize and act on adjustments per the flow of a game and the flow of a player in EACH game halfway through the year. This is bush league stuff. Hence the call out thread.
dutchalum01

Omar. YIKES!!!!!!

Post by dutchalum01 »

Welcome back Omar!!! I knew you’d return sooner than later.

This is 100% on the staff. Epic loss yesterday, yes, epic - WM is garbage. They completely outclassed us and sent us home packing. What a joke.

If Omar is the best we have to eat up those minutes, good luck. JC looking brutal last night as well.

This team needs a leader, someone to step up and keep this team in check, clearly that’s not happening at this point.

The shot selection last night was atrocious. Is this Speedys plan or do we have rogue players doing what they want???

What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cards

Post by Cards »

I had always said that the tiger can't change his stripes. Hoped I was wrong, but alas, what we have seen for the past few years persists.

I guess Speedy would say he had no one else to play..... maybe, but you had options to just allowing 3's to be chucked up. No give and go's, not pick and rolls, nothing passed into Beybey or Cramer?????
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Just watched this fiasco - didn't know the result. Was going to blister Silverio but after reading the above - you guys covered it all! Brutal!
Not having Cooks (looked rusty) and Dubar as was said severely limits the offense. Don't know what staff sees in Carlos at this point - he's doing nothing but bringing the ball up. Why isn't Burgess getting any real run ?
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Hofstra wrote:This kid needs to find a seat on the bench. Just brutal down the stretch.

I’ll never understand why a player this bad sees this many minutes on a team that actually has some depth. So he can hit the occasional 3, big deal, he’s barely a D1 player in my opinion. Ugh.