MBB - LaSalle

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: MBB - LaSalle

Post by ProudofPride »

image.jpeg
Live stats have been wrong for the last several possessions because whoever is running their stats credited Gustys' 2 free throws to a La Salle player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

... What is La Salle's shooting percentage in the second half? They shot 22% for a lot of the first half, and right now they're at 50% for the game.

And now it's a 1 point game, we're up 78-77. Who missed the scouting report on Jordan Price? This team needs to learn how to close out a game. This is unacceptable.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

84-80, held on!!

Jesus we know how to choke away games. Juan'ya hitting a lot of FT again to save our asses.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

another concerning final leg of the game where a 15 point lead was whittled to 1 in 6+ minutes, but like against St. Bonaventure they made all their free throws at the end to hang on. green had a bad game shooting but pretty much everyone else contributed (except walker who again was a DNP). nice to see them win another A-10 road game.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Great road win. If you look at in on paper, we did what we were supposed to do.

Watching the game late second half though, we almost fumbled another one away. This team really needs to buckle down and stop making silly mistakes late in games with leads.

Extremely happy with the win. Lasalle always plays us well. To get a win in their gym is very nice.

'Ye was great today. A real floor general late second half. Showing leadership.

Roll Pride
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

It got ugly at the end, but the team still managed to get their second straight A-10 road win. And what a fitting place for Michalich to get his 300th win!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

An ugly win - not a good win - thought we were the much better team

The Good - Buie (nice solid minutes) Koon (a good complete game) Gustys (good game dumbest foul ever at end of the game)...Foul shooting down the stretch
The OK - Bernardi (good scoring-never want him with ball when isn't shooting), Tanksley (decent game), Green (good clutch foul shooting,terrible night from the field, did we had to)
The Bad - Team when pressured with the ball, turn overs
Incomplete - Nicols (never EVER gets a call - always, unfairly, gets called for blocking), JFW

Funny Facts - former Hofstra PF Jimmy Hall and Jordan Allen have nice starts at Kent State and Sacred Heart respectively. Hall - Avg 17 pts; 8 rebs and shooting +70% from the line ... Allen - Avg 10 pts, 5 rebs, shooting +55% from the floor

A W is W....get out of Philly
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Stop! Yes it got rough at the end but we were up 17 on the road against a mid pack A10 team. Of course they were going to make a run at us, and yes they have an NBA guard in Price who hit some unconscious threes down the stretch.

It's great that we have these close games in the non conference schedule...we're learning to close them out. When Green has the ball at the end of games we win...game set match!
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

All four CAA teams won tonight, with Towson handling George Mason pretty easily. CAA showing the A10 how it's done! I know we almost let this one go but to take a game from an A10 team in their place is always a good win. Does anyone else think the finishing issues are a depth/exhaustion problem or are we just clueless in the last ten minutes?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400825754 is the Associated Press recap. It says Hofstra's largest lead was 15 but it was 17.

Hofstra is now 23rd in the RPI. Hofstra has the third best RPI of the teams not receiving votes in either poll behind Valparaiso and Texas Tech. UNC Wilmington has the fifth best RPI of the teams not receiving votes in either poll. Maryland is second in both polls but behind three CAA teams in the RPI (Hofstra, UNC Wilmington, and Northeastern). The CAA went 4-0 today (3-0 vs. Division I) and is now 34-23 vs. Division I. The CAA is tenth in the Conference RPI and out of conference winning percentage.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

It's amazing how a team can dominate for long stretches in games and then forget how to play basketball in the final minutes time after time. How many mistakes can you make in the last 3 minutes? Thankfully they made every free throw down the stretch to hold on.. Jordan Price 37 points. Can we make someone else beat us??????? They didn't give him any special attention which is very disappointing. I have high expectations for JAM and staff. It should have been obvious that Price was their only scoring option. Force the ball out of his hands! Double him, deny him the ball.. Do something!

With all that said, a win is a win. And that's all that matters. Back to back road wins against solid A-10 teams is a nice accomplishment. But anytime HU has a lead late in games, I'll be sh..ting bricks!!
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I really thought that turnover on the inbound under the hoop that led to the quick three was going to be the dagger. Glad to see them play a little D, and Bernardi I believe with a very big block in the final minute. Rebounding continues to be an issue, I think.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

I know it's early and he doesnt see the court much but I really like what I see from JWF. I know his defense is a liability at the moment but if he develops I could see him putting up 17 a night on efficient shooting
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

RollPride15 wrote:I know it's early and he doesnt see the court much but I really like what I see from JWF. I know his defense is a liability at the moment but if he develops I could see him putting up 17 a night on efficient shooting
I liked his two baskets tonight. He's certainly not afraid to go to the hoop. Maybe he could teach Bernardi how to make a layup.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID80 wrote:Stop! Yes it got rough at the end but we were up 17 on the road against a mid pack A10 team. Of course they were going to make a run at us, and yes they have an NBA guard in Price who hit some unconscious threes down the stretch.

It's great that we have these close games in the non conference schedule...we're learning to close them out. When Green has the ball at the end of games we win...game set match!
not looking for an argument but in my opinion being up 17 with (something like) 10 minutes left and letting a team back in and then leading by only 2 with 2 minutes left isn't my idea of "closing (a team) out". Plus it isn't like we emptied our bench (a bench we don't use) to give up that big lead - it was against our core 7. Granted a win is win, a road win against an A10 team is a bigger win. I guess I just think that with our 7 key players in all the time - we have less excuses to making mistakes and giving up such big leads and silly mistakes during crunch time. All good though.
See you all at MSG.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

My suspicion is that we just aren't deep enough and our core 7 are exhausted by the 30-minute mark. Would explain why our leads keep melting away. Generally I'd say more depth would help but I don't think Joe likes going to his bench too often anyway. If Jamall weren't redshirting how many minutes would he get on this team? 15, maybe?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Four guys are putting up at least 32 minutes a game. I am sure there is some degree of fatigue, however LaSalle has just as short a bench as we have. Reason for a rested player at the end of the game is two fold. You need fresh legs to play good D and also for shooting so your form doesnt break down.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

We need to start setting the freshman loose, I think they're both picking it up pretty fast, Buie a little ahead of JWF right now, but I think both have the potential to play big minutes for us this year. That should help late fatigue, and hopefully Djambo can come back and pick up 15-20 mins in the frontcourt.