MBB Game 07 - Norfolk State - 12/2/14, 7 PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: MBB Game 07 - Norfolk State - 12/2/14, 7 PM

Post by ProudofPride »

For what it's worth, the NY Buckets recap article claims that Gustys has a similar injury to Kone… It would be nice to have at least one of them back before the Columbia game, as that will be a lot tougher than App St. and Coppin St. http://www.nycbuckets.com/2014/12/tanks ... olk-state/
Polito

Post by Polito »

3 weeks?! what the heck is that about? I def didn't get that impression from his comments on twitter, wow, that's wild

what is the injury? that's a VERY big blow in addition to Kone - but rather now than conf play, that's for sure...

sure hope this keys the staff to bolster the post depth in the spring signing period - obviously waaaay too thin there

agree Walker isn't prime time ready, but don't think he's totally lost - he's had some very strong games, this may have been 1 where he just wasn't on point - certainly not all-conf yet lol, but he's a true frosh, wasn't as D1 ready as Gustys, and now he's being thrown into the FIRE - he will be the ONLY true post guy 7 games into his first college season - tough on anyone, and it will def have an impact on the team - let's pull for him and pray he develops quickly!!

Team and staff being tested, will see what they're made of
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks PoP -

LOVE JAM's line about the team being forced to play a different way due to the injuries, and responded - that is HUGE - very proud of their ability to adjust their style of play on a dime like that (not easy and many teams are unable to do so), and beat a good team - with the various scoring options, they have the ability to absorb some challenges and still produce

Won't be easy, as JAM said it's going to be a major concern, but this W really shows a lot about the potential of this group
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

They are going to be tested, for sure. A front court of Tanksley, Nicols and Bernardi is going to be out rebounded 9 out of 10 times. Do they create match up issues at the other end, not as much as I think they'll be beat up on the defensive end.

They play hard now, but like I said before, would love to see: Kone, Rokas, Tanksley, BB and Green (and Nesmith, Nicols, Robinson and Walker getting major minutes off the bench).
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I got my refund for the game that was not streamed. Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.jsutigers.com//CreateTicket. ... M_ID=29000