Calling you out Speedy - Get it Together

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: Calling you out Speedy - Get it Together

Post by EvanJ »

joeg1 wrote:
ZMAN3 wrote: Can't see him changing (at least for tomorrow) since it worked so well. Still can't understand why Ray can't drive to the basket after all these years.
Ray always seems to get tons of shots blocked
On that note, I wish they made a statistics of many shots each player had blocked.
HUSID74 wrote: You all seem to forget that Ray was hurt, I believe ankle, for much of the pre-season and did not return until the Iona game in the regular season. I believe he is still a step slow and it has hurt his shooting as well as limiting his ability to get to the basket.

Hopefully he will return to the "old" Ray over the next couple of weeks.
In his first eight games, he made 5 of 25 twos (.200). In his last seven games, he made 12 of 22 twos (.545). He;s been better in his last seven games, so you could be right that he wasn't fully healthy at the start.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

And today he was money from two!
Wags

Post by Wags »

EvanJ wrote:
joeg1 wrote:
ZMAN3 wrote: Can't see him changing (at least for tomorrow) since it worked so well. Still can't understand why Ray can't drive to the basket after all these years.
Ray always seems to get tons of shots blocked
EvanJ wrote: On that note, I wish they made a statistics of many shots each player had blocked.
Would be an interesting and useful stat to add, much like the Fouls Drawn stat that was added in recent years (which I always like).

And then, that would be an interesting comparison for players who drive into the paint often or for bigs who work in the paint a lot - Fouls Drawn vs. Shots Blocked (still Blocked Shots for the shot blocker but Shots Blocked for the shot blockee).