MBB Recruits 2019

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Recruits 2019

Post by Cards »

chereef knox - a short video. Not exactly a skinny high school kid - good size, strength, and athleticism. I like, I like, I like.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1019790152758169601
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Polito wrote:Forget if this is the time for visits, but if so, I really hope we had some 'cruits on hand for this one!

By the way, thinking the ATL guys are one or more of Hunter McIntosh, Mekhail Bethea, or one FD noted earlier Isaac Martin... we'll see though. Whoever it is better be VERY good though, because CofC's guard pickup from the peach state is a stud (Brenden Tucker). Aggressive, talented, and beat out some bigs for him.

HU needs to match or exceed the Coug's to keep in the CAA hunt. Go get 'em Speedy!
I wish I could tell you his name but heard today he has an offer from UCF if that helps...he also may be coming for a visit for Charleston home game.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

If it's the guy who is listed on VC good freakin luck!
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID74 wrote:
Polito wrote:Forget if this is the time for visits, but if so, I really hope we had some 'cruits on hand for this one!

By the way, thinking the ATL guys are one or more of Hunter McIntosh, Mekhail Bethea, or one FD noted earlier Isaac Martin... we'll see though. Whoever it is better be VERY good though, because CofC's guard pickup from the peach state is a stud (Brenden Tucker). Aggressive, talented, and beat out some bigs for him.

HU needs to match or exceed the Coug's to keep in the CAA hunt. Go get 'em Speedy!
I wish I could tell you his name but heard today he has an offer from UCF if that helps...he also may be coming for a visit for Charleston home game.
If Taylor is back next season [in all probability he will be back] we still have two scholarships to offer after Cramer...do you think one will be used on a PG and the other on a big or on a swing type of player ??
garyg

Post by garyg »

Anthony Edwards ???????????????????
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

You never know who will come back or leave next year....Hearing great things about Kante, some good about Hughes and not much about a sixth year for Taylor...;possible but difficult with all the NCAA red tape.

I would like to see us add a pg and another big... and why not a kid like Knox
Polito

Post by Polito »

Good stuff HUSID, appreciate the info. That's very helpful 8-) Very much hope to see a visit on the 19th.

And uh no, I'll go out on a limb and say it's not Anthony Edwards :P . That would be friggin unprecedented bananas though lol. But I do have an inkling... and it would still be big get for Speedy and HU. I'll continue to dig to be sure...and I don't want to jinx.

For Chereef, dipping back into Philly roots, Tanksley's old school. Glue / Team guy, very strong defender and rebounder, still developing offensive game - plays on a tremendous team full of D1 talent. Recruiting picking up as his role and play continue to increase... def has talent measurables and tremendous potential - high motor, work ethic, character, plays bigger than height - but a work in progress.

I love athletic versatile wings though, so this could be promising. Seeing him as a 3/4. He had a final 3 apparently, guessing that included HU (?), and has reopened his recruitment...not sure how this may bode for HU.

By the way, Kante is a big dude - looks CAA starter ready - so excited to see that young man get after it next yr! Feels like HU's answer to the cougs in the paint.

Would LOVE to see this staff recruit with a Tourney berth in their pocket, on top of already being the best CAA school for pro hoops career paths. :shock:
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Chereef is listed at 6ft 5. He can easily add two more inches by the time he plays for us
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Polito wrote:Good stuff HUSID, appreciate the info. That's very helpful 8-) Very much hope to see a visit on the 19th.

And uh no, I'll go out on a limb and say it's not Anthony Edwards :P . That would be friggin unprecedented bananas though lol. But I do have an inkling... and it would still be big get for Speedy and HU. I'll continue to dig to be sure...and I don't want to jinx.

For Chereef, dipping back into Philly roots, Tanksley's old school. Glue / Team guy, very strong defender and rebounder, still developing offensive game - plays on a tremendous team full of D1 talent. Recruiting picking up as his role and play continue to increase... def has talent measurables and tremendous potential - high motor, work ethic, character, plays bigger than height - but a work in progress.

I love athletic versatile wings though, so this could be promising. Seeing him as a 3/4. He had a final 3 apparently, guessing that included HU (?), and has reopened his recruitment...not sure how this may bode for HU.

By the way, Kante is a big dude - looks CAA starter ready - so excited to see that young man get after it next yr! Feels like HU's answer to the cougs in the paint.

Would LOVE to see this staff recruit with a Tourney berth in their pocket, on top of already being the best CAA school for pro hoops career paths. :shock:

Da Man says Kante is our FIVE for the next three years!!!! As You Like It!!!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

HUSID74 wrote:I wish I could tell you his name but heard today he has an offer from UCF if that helps...he also may be coming for a visit for Charleston home game.
Tony Johnson Jr. - I'll be on the lookout for him at the Charleston game to confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-3ZlnsakM
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:I wish I could tell you his name but heard today he has an offer from UCF if that helps...he also may be coming for a visit for Charleston home game.
Tony Johnson Jr. - I'll be on the lookout for him at the Charleston game to confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-3ZlnsakM
So is this the Tony Johnson JR that has 14 schools listed as recruiting him on VC none of which is HU and he's from Alabama?? I thought the kid we were referencing was from the Atlanta, Georgia area?
garyg

Post by garyg »

I hope I am wrong and eat my words on this but come on guys, you don't really think we have a shot at this guy...he has big time written all over him ! I know Speedy has a connection [he probably has a lot of connections] but this is a courtesy recruit who probably has no real intentions of attending Hofstra....he may just be going thru the recruiting process with Hofstra as a courtesy to Speedy...
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:Anthony Edwards ???????????????????
Gary I like to dream big but I'm not delusional at least I don't think so. A 4.5 to 5 star recruit wouldn't this be the coup of all time.
garyg

Post by garyg »

I was joking about Edwards...LOL...but see my post about Johnson
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:I was joking about Edwards...LOL...but see my post about Johnson
Yeah I'm with you on this but we have more of a chance to get him then Edwards. We had a big get in Cramer so for now I'm a believer.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

garyg wrote:I hope I am wrong and eat my words on this but come on guys, you don't really think we have a shot at this guy...he has big time written all over him ! I know Speedy has a connection [he probably has a lot of connections] but this is a courtesy recruit who probably has no real intentions of attending Hofstra....he may just be going thru the recruiting process with Hofstra as a courtesy to Speedy...
I don't completely disagree with you but a recruit only can have 5 official visits. So assuming this is the right player and the visit for the Charleston game is an official visit then we have to at least be in his top 5.

You never know what a recruit wants out of his college experience. For example maybe he wants to be near NYC or the subject he is looking to major in we have and another school doesn't. Sometimes it is more than basketball.
garyg

Post by garyg »

If he does visit for Charleston game it is not going to look good with only 1600 people in attendance... new AD should do another pack the mack...
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Speedy said the guy is from Georgia....not Alabama
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:If he does visit for Charleston game it is not going to look good with only 1600 people in attendance... new AD should do another pack the mack...
Gary you made the point three times and I get it Lol so will the students be back for that game against COC?? OTHERWISE YOUR POINT IS well taken.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Will the real freakin recruit please stand up the suspense is killing me. Who are we supposedly getting close to signing??