Caleb Burgess Could Play in the NCAA Tournament

Discussions about the rest of the college sports world
EvanJ

Caleb Burgess Could Play in the NCAA Tournament

Post by EvanJ »

Caleb Burgess plays for UNC Asheville. He scored 4 points in an overtime win that just ended, but had 8 assists. The amazing thing was that Drew Pember had 30 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists. He became the first player from 2010-2011 to now to have 30, 13, and 10 against a Division I team. Tennessee-Martin's Fatodd Lewis did it against Cincinnati-Clermont. A former CAA player will win the Big South either way because today Longwood got 9 points from Michael Christmas, whose first two seasons were for another school in the same state, James Madison.
EvanJ

Re: Caleb Burgess Could Play in the NCAA Tournament

Post by EvanJ »

Burgess will not be playing in the NCAA Tournament because UNCA Asheville got blown out by 5 seed Longwood 85-59. Longwood has 21 wins, of which only 6 are conference regular season wins. They have the fewest conference regular seasons by a team with at least 20 wins. They entered today 172nd in the NET, so they could have to play in the First Four.
EvanJ

Re: Caleb Burgess Could Play in the NCAA Tournament

Post by EvanJ »

Drew Pember's dad Donny liked my tweet about Drew. It is the first time I had a tweet about a college athlete not in the CAA liked by the athlete or a family member, and the ninth time I had a tweet about a pro or college athlete liked by the athlete or a family member. I have not had a tweet liked by a Hofstra athlete or family member.