Hofstra Admin: Elon Attendance an Embarrassment

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Hofstra Admin: Elon Attendance an Embarrassment

Post by Polito »

Absolutely shameful the crowd I saw on Sat night. A WEEKEND NIGHT game, a rarity for this program, the LAST home game of the year, SR night, and we can't get 3500 people in that friggin arena?

Are you kidding me? P R O M O T E. What are you all doing?? Run a pre-game dinner promo like the theatre does, combo game and local meal or something, that's exactly what we did, awesome grub together before the game to make a night of it and had a blast !!! This is just about the most affordable truly fun thing a family can do around here in the winter, USE THAT!!!

The student section was an absolute embarrassment. You can't run a promotion to get some friggin students in the stands? No bonfire? No free giveaway? Where were all the other sport athletes? Where is the MARKETING?? Try looking at what other schools do if your stuck!!

I mean my three little girls and their friends made more noise than dozen "students" in that section.

Look I'm not expecting a sellout this year, but good grief its the LAST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON for a 3rd place team still in the hunt, heck even *I* was there AND brought people. Stop depending on your Twitter to pack the house.

The people I brought had NEVER been to an HU game before, and said they would love to go, always wanted to - why haven't they?? Because NO ONE is trying to get them there. And they left super impressed. They'll be back because they're aware now. This isn't rocket science.

3500 people on a Saturday night in the HEART of hoops season should be a slam dunk. You all in the Dept should be ashamed. Start attaching KPI bonuses to your staff to get this done - aren't there measures of success like every other business?? Seriously, take some Pride in this damn it.

Friggin hire back HUSID's company for goodness sake if you can't figure this out on your own. Shoot I'll friggin do it, hire me. Maybe try offering discounts to bring others, I don't know, there are a MILLION ideas, TRY a few for the last game :!:

And stop squeezing the life out of every eagle on your quarters and actually invest. Ya know, like a business. For the love of all that is good, do SOMETHING. As disappointed and demanding as I can be, even I can confidently say these kids work their butts off and deserve better. And it starts with YOU.

Rant over.

P.S. The dance team was fire. Kudos to them for bringing it last night even when their admin didn't.
HUSID80

Re: Hofstra Admin: Elon Attendance an Embarrassment

Post by HUSID80 »

Thanks for the plug Polito!
Liked the money drop vs. Drexel...pretty cool!
We definity need to broaden the reach of the marketing and promotions.
If you're not an insider, you would have no clue about the games, promos etc.
Been saying that for years!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

yeah what he said
When I talked to the ADs years ago all I heard was it could not be done
I remember back in the nineties we hired a softball coach, who once said
don’t tell me what we can’t do. Let me show you what I can do.
What happened to that spirit Hofstra once had
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

What should also be included in this discussion is that the send off for these seniors was so lack luster. They did this about 15-20 minutes prior to game time and honestly whatever people were in the Mack a lot of them were wandering around some still in the Pride lounge etc etc. It seemed to me that if they did this at halftime there would have been a lot more people in the stands and the reception would have been much greater. I remember the send off for JWF and the bldg. was rocking. OK I'm sure there was more people there but Tyler for what he has accomplished here should have gotten a better sendoff. The whole thing just appeared weakly planned.
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:19 pm What should also be included in this discussion is that the send off for these seniors was so lack luster. They did this about 15-20 minutes prior to game time and honestly whatever people were in the Mack a lot of them were wandering around some still in the Pride lounge etc etc. It seemed to me that if they did this at halftime there would have been a lot more people in the stands and the reception would have been much greater. I remember the send off for JWF and the bldg. was rocking. OK I'm sure there was more people there but Tyler for what he has accomplished here should have gotten a better sendoff. The whole thing just appeared weakly planned.
This is always done before the game, so I'm surprised that anyone who attends these each year (doesn't that include most in the Pride Lounge?) wouldn't have expected the same this year. Can't do it halftime - the players being honored and the coaches involved in the ceremony need to be in the locker room going over game adjustments for the second half. This was advertised for 6:40 pm but I guess not everyone saw it.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Know it was advertised but just seemed so poorly organized and so many people just not sitting at that time. For all the years, time and dedication these kids put into the sport it just seems like they should have had people's undivided attention.
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:02 pm Know it was advertised but just seemed so poorly organized and so many people just not sitting at that time. For all the years, time and dedication these kids put into the sport it just seems like they should have had people's undivided attention.
That's really on the fans. They made it known well in advance of Saturday that it was at 6:40 pm. They made an announcement on the PA prior to it starting that it was about to start and I would say that the majority of the fans in attendance knew the drill from past years that it's always done about 20 minutes prior to the scheduled tip.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Eeehhhh... they made it known to all those in the know. I have no issue with pre-game, agree that's what has to be done, but also bet it was poorly run as tc mentioned. Stealing from a recent chat with HUSID, he said it so well. HU does a great job marketing to itself lol - just not anyone else. The community outreach is extremely poor.

That's why they still believe they're doing a great job - self-evaluating. Again, HU needs to hire some key personnel from the outside / non-internal HU people with better experience, to evolve and mature this department to lead it into the future.