NIL and College Athletics Future - Key Read Inside

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

NIL and College Athletics Future - Key Read Inside

Post by Polito »

For all of you truly interested in where things are and where they might be going, this article is for you. There are BIG changes (yep, even more than have already occurred) coming in the next 2 years. Potentially even legally / Congress driven. And if you aren't in the game, you will be out of it. I suspect we are going to see the kind of seismic shifts that will forever change collegiate athletics.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/A ... scape.aspx

As I've said, I don't like what's coming, not really liking all that's already here, but it's all happening none the less.

If you ask any coach at any school they will tell you PLEASE give to NIL over everything else. This next 24 month period prior to pending court cases / rulings is going to be VITAL to position departments in a way they can survive.

All have to have limits - not saying you should hurt yourself financially - but this fanbase needs to do what it can. And then I think it will all change, and the community will no longer be the primary financial fuel. So I don't think this lasts forever... but for now WE are the power.

I also think we are going to see some sports and perhaps even departments go bye-bye. I've said for YEARS that HU should be cutting sports and focusing all funds on the ones that actually matter financially. Let the big boys support all the others... they can afford it. Mid majors don't need a zillion teams, just the miminum to be viable and title 9 compliant. That's it. And then you funnel your funds based on the ROI. Period.

This isn't about saving golf teams for example - I love golf, but this is business and it's about survival so that one day you can thrive. And yep some of these smaller sports are cheap to fund... doesn't matter - EVERY dollar counts.

IMO, HU MUST find a way to elevate its mens hoops to the NCAAT consistently and market itself like crazy to the A10. Pay the fees, kiss the butts, make the side deals, whatever it takes. And for sure it's going to take more money and investment.

Anyhoo, lots of opinions thoughts guesses hopes wishes fears you name it - this is the best made for tv drama going and will be for awhile lol.
Jojogunne

Re: NIL and College Athletics Future - Key Read Inside

Post by Jojogunne »

The NCAA and FBS programs smell money the way sharks smell blood in the water:

https://youtu.be/hEJhn9iAzzs?si=lIGmtjMEGXhvcXh5
triplec2195

Re: NIL and College Athletics Future - Key Read Inside

Post by triplec2195 »

The enactment of NIL while it will provide some benefits for student athletes is prime to open up an entire nightmare of money abuse and scandalous activity. We have no idea how this rule will evolve but again just like the NCAA trying to police the abuse of big money influencing amateur sports and failing miserably who will police the flow of money to student athletes. The possible scenarios are endless and complicated but one thing you can be pretty sure of is "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL" and I see once again the big money schools reaping most of the profits re NIL with the smaller schools being on the outside looking in. We are looking at what could become a MAJOR nightmare for college(AMATEUR??) SPORTS.