WRHU Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: WRHU Sports

Post by Polito »

MINDBOGGLING

And I'm serious WRHU folks, before you keep posting about what show is up next please reply to the request about asking that question - we can't ask it, but your sports guys can

That question is fair and the fans deserve to know what the hell the reasoning was for that move which clearly greatly contributed to this very tough to swallow OT loss
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Hey Dutchmen Fans, This is the schedule for the week. I know we have a few questions which I'll try to address right after I post the broadcast schedule for the week.

Thursday 1/21/16
MBB @ Northeastern
8pm (7:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Mark Weiner
Color: Connor Giblin
Host: Anthony Santaniello

Friday 1/22/16
WBB v. Northeastern
12pm (11:30am Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Tiffany Vellis
Color: Matt Duran
Sideline: Ryan LaFaye

Saturday 1/23/16
MBB v. W&M
4pm (3:30 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Chris Buckley
Color: Mark Weiner
Sideline: Tiffany Vellis
Host: Connor Giblin

Sunday 1/24/16
Wrestling Tripleheaderr
1pm - HAWC
PxP: Kyle Kandetzki
Color: Anders Jorstad

Sunday 1/24/16
WBB v. Towson
2pm (1:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
Color: Matt Durant
Sideline: Anthony Santaniello

My following post will address the questions and concerns raised these last few days. Be sure to tune in to our broadcasts!
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Hey All, so as I mentioned I hope to address the few issues raised the last few days. There were only a couple so this could be a quick one.

The new App will be released soon. Once we get a coordinated approval from the Apple people as well as our WRHU managers, it will become available to the public. This will have 3 main capabilities which we are pretty excited about. 1. 88.7 FM streaming. 2. Hofstra Alternative Web Channel (HAWC) streaming. And 3. The ability to listen to the app while the app is minimized on your device allowing you to use other functions while still listening to the broadcast. This will help for drivers who wish to listen online through their car mp3 system but also need to use a GPS or other app on their phones.

Now, as far as us asking coaches specific questions. Yes we can ask him his mindset for certain things however to release that information on a message board would push the limits of our abilities. We are privileged to have a great relationship with athletics but we do not with to test the relationships limitations. If you wish to know certain behind-the-scenes insight, I encourage you to tune into the pregame shows for the broadcasts as well as The Bullpen (6pm-6:30pm on Fridays), The Locker Room (8-9pm Sundays), or our new show The Baseline (8-9pm Wednesdays). On these broadcasts, we can give our thoughts and the information we gather about certain moves made as well as debate these issues surrounding the team.

I hope this helps and I hope you understand our position. We want to bring you the highest quality broadcast possible and we do put a lot of work into the final product.

Roar with Pride, Dutchmen Fans!
Polito

Post by Polito »

WRHU,

Thank you for replying timely and addressing the question. To clarify, I'm not looking for you guys to post the replies to the questions here, simply to ask the questions. The information will get out there once asked, whether through word of mouth, transcripts, recordings, etc. I completely understand the position you folks are in, so these questions need to be worded respectfully of course... however, they DO need to be asked.

You guys really do great work, keep it up, and thanks for taking the time to post and interact on here 8-)
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Hello again Dutchmen Fans!!

Well it came sooner than expected but the APP IS HERE! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wrhu/id1071643698?mt=8

Feel free to click that link and check out the web page or search "WRHU" in the app store on your Apple device. Once again just to clarify I'll leave a list of the funtional features on the new app below.

1. 88.7 FM Stream
2. Hofstra Alternative Web Channel (HAWC) stream
3. Ability to continue listening when the App is minimized. We recognized that as listeners, it was not the greatest to have the stream turn off if you needed to use another app or phone function. This is no longer. The app can be minimized while you use your GPS while driving, or any other app you would like to use.

We are privileged to have such great a great tech expert that gives so much to WRHU and we are excited to move forward with our app. I hope you all can enjoy listening to the Pride as much as we enjoy broadcasting them,

Roar With Pride!
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

WRHU Sports - Broadcast Schedule for the week of 1-25-16 to 1-31-16

Thursday 1/28/16
MBB v. Elon
7pm (6:30 Pregame) – 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Anthony Santaniello
Color: Chris Buckley
Sideline: Mark Weiner
Host: Matt Durant

Friday 1/29/16
WBB @ Drexel
7pm (6:45 Pregame) – 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Connor Giblin
Color: Tiffany Vellis
Sideline: Kyle Kandetzki
Host: Anders Jorstad

Saturday 1/30/16
MBB @ Drexel
4pm (3:45 Pregame) – 88.7 WRHU
PxP: Nick Valastro
Host: Ryan LaFaye

Sunday 1/31/16
WBB v. Elon
2pm (1:30 Pregame) – 88.7 WRHU
Color: Anthony Santaniello
Sideline: Bryan Clark
Host: Gio Annatelli

Be sure to tune in and if you haven't already, check out the new App! We've been getting a lot of great feedback about it, we're very proud and hope it enhances your listener-ship.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you all, we appreciate all of the support we get on a daily basis from the dedicated fans.

Roar with Pride!!
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Thursday 2/4/16
MBB v. UNCW
7pm (6:30 Pregame) - HAWC, replayed on 88.7 WRHU after the Islanders Game
Color: Anthony Santaniello
Sideline: Mark Weiner

Friday 2/5/16
WBB v. JMU
7pm (6:30 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
Sideline: Nick Valastro
Host: Matt Durant

Sunday 2/7/16
WBB @ Towson
1pm (12:45 Pregame)- HAWC
Color: Ryan LaFaye
Eng: Stephanie Ruscio
Updates: Gio Annatelli

Sunday 2/7/16
MBB @ JMU
3pm (Pregame directly follows end of WBB) - HAWC
Color: Tiffany Vellis
Host: Brian Cudina

Hope you all enjoy the broadcasts, the teams are definitely giving us a great product to put on air!

Roar with Pride!!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I used the app this weekend to listen to some of the Drexel game. The signal was strong and the app was very easy to use. Thanks for developing it.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Jojogunne wrote:I used the app this weekend to listen to some of the Drexel game. The signal was strong and the app was very easy to use. Thanks for developing it.
Definitely agree. Used it to listen to the past two games and it has worked out well.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

The app is great improvement so solid work. I missed most of the spring sports preview show last night but would to check out your interviews from it. Is there a place where that is available or will show be re-aired at some point?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I thought WRHU was going to archive some of its interviews somewhere.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Jojogunne wrote:I thought WRHU was going to archive some of its interviews somewhere.
They're available here: http://gohofstra.com/sports/2015/7/31/G ... 53548.aspx

The page isn't organized very well, it's all chronological instead of being further organized by sport, but at least they're there.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Thanks. Nothing recent here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Hey All,

Sorry for the late post. You didn't miss anything don't worry. We have some of the new seasons starting up this weekend so if you're a Lacrosse fan, it's that time of the year once more! Tune in when possible, it should be a great week for Athletics.

Thursday 2/18/16
MBB v. Towson

7pm (6:45 Pregame On-Site) - HAWC
Sideline: Chris Buckley
Updates: Mark Mausner

Friday 2/19/16
WBB v. UNCW

7pm (6:45 Pregame) - HAWC
Eng: PJ Potter
Updates: Dan Hanson

Saturday 2/20/16
WLAX v. Harvard

12pm (11:30am Pregame) - HAWC
PxP: Anders Jorstad
Color: Ryan LaFaye
Host: Joe Barone
Panel: Megan McGuire
Panel: Jazmine Gonzalez

Saturday 2/20/16
MLAX @ UNC

2pm (1:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
Color: Nick Valastro
Panel: Kyle Kandetzki
Panel: Mark Mausner

Sunday 2/21/16
MBB v. Northeastern

2pm (1:30 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU
Color: Nick Valastro
Sideline: Anthony Santaniello
Host: Ryan LaFaye
Panel: Mark Mausner
Panel: Kyle Kandetzki

Sunday 2/21/16
WBB @ UDEL

2pm (1:45 Pregame) - HAWC
PxP: Matt Durant
Color: TBD (The flu is going around, replacement pending)
Host: Bryan Clark
Panel: Joe Barone
Panel: Megan McGuire

Tune in!! Roar with Pride, Dutchmen Fans!! Lots to cheer for these days!
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

What's up Dutchmen fans, got your WRHU Sports broadcast schedule for you here as always.

Thursday 2/25/16
MBB @ UNCW
7pm (6:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU

Co-Hosts: Chris Buckley, Bryan Clark

Friday 2/26/16
WBB v. Drexel
7pm (6:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU

Sideline: Tiffany Vellis

Saturday 2/27/16
WLAX v. Fairfield
12pm (11:45am Pregame) - HAWC

PxP: Ryan LaFaye
Co-Hosts: Jazmine Gonzalez, Stephanie Ruscio

Saturday 2/27/16
MLAX v. Princeton
3pm - (2:45 Pregame) - HAWC

Updates: Justin Boniello

Saturday 2/27/16
MBB v. CofC Senior Day
4pm (3:45 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU

Sidelines: Anthony Santaniello, Brian Cudina
Host: Kyle Kandetzki

Sunday 2/28/16
WBB v. CofC Senior Day
2pm (1:30 Pregame) - 88.7 WRHU

Sideline: Nick Valastro
Co-Hosts: Joe Barone, Kyle Kandetzki
Updates: Ryan Connell

Hope you tune in! Some great basketball being played and Men's Lacrosse coming off of one of the biggest wins in program history. Hope you're enjoying our coverage every week!

-WRHU Sports
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Thanks for the details and keep up the awesome work!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Is there anywhere I can listen to archived "Locker Rooms" I always miss it on Sunday night!!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

This is a little too much hype for my taste:

http://www.gohofstra.com/news/2016/2/22 ... 60436.aspx

I think people expect their college radio station to carry the major games that their teams play. It is really sad that MBB, MLAX and other sports take a back seat on 88.7 to "The Long Ireland Show" and other non-Hofstra programming.

Also, after games, why not broadcast the coach's press conference on the radio? People would enjoy hearing that as they sit in the parking lot trying to get out of the east gate.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I think the hype is warranted, WRHU is one of the best college stations in the U.S. Many major conference universities do not have the radio coverage Hofstra provides, and honestly, the student run athletics broadcast is better than the vast majority of professional stations that carry games. Specifically, we've had some really solid play by play broadcasters over the years, it's an art that most sports broadcasters never attain. Sometimes the color and post-game analysis is spotty, but it usually evolves as the season goes on. Today, our in-game broadcast is very high level IMO.

Just a month ago, we were complaining that the school does not market what they have enough, now we're complaining when they post a press release, advertising what they provide? Come on.

But I do agree, it would be cool to get the post-game press conference on the radio, or at least make it available online afterwards.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

So how many of you HU fans say that WRHU does not clearly reach your area via the FM radio. Now there are a options via the internet and cell phones. I wonder how many other colleges get so many men's and women's sports covered by this many options. The WRHU staff does a great job. I agree that they are better than some of the other uninformed broadcasts teams we have been forced to listen to.