Pecora

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Mark19th

Pecora

Post by Mark19th »

When he left Hofstra for Fordham he took all his recruits with him. Never forgive him for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Captain

Re: Pecora

Post by Captain »

Not really accurate. I think he would have if permitted. Chaz Williams left for Umass and Halil

Kanicevic went to St Joes.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Congrats to Tom, he gets a second chance after the Fordham debacle.
Mark19th

Post by Mark19th »

Pecora’s high school recruits that year. Believe he took all or most to Fordham. By the way, if he had stayed at Hofstra, he would have had a powerhouse the following season. His leaving left the Hofstra program in shambles for the next few years. Not a fan.

HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Mark19th wrote:Pecora’s high school recruits that year. Believe he took all or most to Fordham. By the way, if he had stayed at Hofstra, he would have had a powerhouse the following season. His leaving left the Hofstra program in shambles for the next few years. Not a fan.

Not his fault, he did not think the program was safe after Rabinowitz scuttled football...left for some pretty good money as I recall. It's what HOFSTRA did aftr he left that left the program in shambles.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Mark19th wrote:Pecora’s high school recruits that year. Believe he took all or most to Fordham. By the way, if he had stayed at Hofstra, he would have had a powerhouse the following season. His leaving left the Hofstra program in shambles for the next few years. Not a fan.

We aren't duke; the head coach is ultimately what players are choosing when they come to Hofstra. Either way this happened over a decade ago.
mikey75

Post by mikey75 »

Agree with HUSID - Rabinowitz especially after Shuart and Margiotta passed away had no need for D1 athletics. Hard to throw shade at Pecora for bailing to what seemed like a better job.