Brandy Thomas Beat Towson at the Buzzer

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Brandy Thomas Beat Towson at the Buzzer

Post by EvanJ »

https://gohofstra.com/news/2023/2/9/wom ... owson.aspx is titled "Thomas’ Buzzer-Beater Three Lifts Hofstra Over Towson." https://gohofstra.com/boxscore.aspx?pat ... l&id=12103 is the box score. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2--KFUTBj0 has highlights. It ended our five game losing streak, and improved us to 9-13 and 3-8 in the CAA. Towson fell to 13-9 and 7-4 in the CAA.
triplec2195

Re: Brandy Thomas Beat Towson at the Buzzer

Post by triplec2195 »

I honestly have to admit that I didn't even know we were playing yesterday since we had been playing Friday Sunday games but a great last second shot by Brandy winning a huge game for us. Towson is one of the better team in this conference and were in third place before this loss. I watched the replay of this game this morning and we were actually up 28-26 at the half, amazing that we could have kept this score down on a very strong offensive team. Of course they shot 2-9 from 3 in the first half and 10-33 overall. Emma had I believe 7 points in the first half and played well Ineza quiet early came on at the end of the half. She finished with 21 and Von-Essen finished with 12. Ineza did score on a lot of driving layups credit to her for taking it to the basket. She was 9-20 and 1-6 from three. She had 6 rebounds and 2 TO's. Emma was 5-8 and 2-2 from three 2 boards and 3 TO's. Emma got stripped on 1 play which did lead to a score on the other end. Brandy shot 5-11 and 1-2 from three and hit the winning shot also had 9 rebounds and only 2 turnovers. That is a huge improvement in reducing her turnovers. We did have 17 for the game too many and only 10 assists 5 by Brandy. Other then D nothing much from either Fargo or Gooden both went 0-6 with no points Fargo had 4 boards but 3 TO's. Ally played a solid game with 5 points 2-3 6 rebounds an assist and 2 steals. Another soft O game for Swint who had 2 points but did have 8 rebounds 3 TO's and 2 blocks.

Flo sports continues to be awful cutting to commercials during live play and after that happened early in the game the audio was no longer in sync with the video thus I had to turn the audio off. Pathetic! To be honest we were fortunate to win this game as we were outplayed by a bigger more athletic team. They had one kid that was 6'5 and another 6'3. We did play tough though and credit our no give up mentality. A huge win.
Pride97

Re: Brandy Thomas Beat Towson at the Buzzer

Post by Pride97 »

Very happy for the team to get a quality win. They played with Towson the whole game, almost let it get away, and then Thomas took it back. What a shot to win it and great for it to be #2 on Sportscenter! She also hit come clutch FTs and a tough shot down low in crunch time.

I missed it live but watched the replay. Ineza played well and Von Essen was the most efficient player.

Still wish they’d get more from Swint and some of the bench players, but very happy they got the win.

Coach said they have been fighting hard in practice and that’s great to hear. Looked like it last night. Let’s hope it continues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk