Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Dutchflid

Re: Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Post by Dutchflid »

stuball888 wrote:Has the Richmond game been replaced with another opponent
If not how about Bryant
taking a quick look at schedules - Hofstra's only open Sat is 3/11 ( 3 days before Syracuse) and the only teams not playing that weekend that Hofstra either is not already playing (Hampton and UMass Lowell)
or travel would make it impossible (Utah, Detroit Mercy, Queens) are Dartmouth and Hobart

Dartmouth would be nice to play any Ivy, Hobart would seem like a good replacement for losing Richmond.

good to see if they can book another game.
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

Two scrimmages today with the Dutch playing split quads against Quinnipiac and then UMass Lowell they won both with very strong starts in both.

Team did all the little things that win games, protected the ball (very few unforced turnovers) 100% on clears, very strong ride game and outstanding in net on FO and ground balls, great shooting and smart shot selection.

Team looks ready to compete.
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

I realize I am probably talking to my self, but that is OK, I like myself and find myself very interesting and funny

anyway

The Merrimack game has been moved to Sunday and was scheduled to be on ESPN+
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Funny Dutchflid it's the same feeling I get when I post about women's basketball games but there are a few of us showing interest. As for lacrosse I don't know enough about this game to add anything of a meaningful nature but do hope this isn't another embarrassing season.
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

triplec2195 wrote:Funny Dutchflid it's the same feeling I get when I post about women's basketball games but there are a few of us showing interest. As for lacrosse I don't know enough about this game to add anything of a meaningful nature but do hope this isn't another embarrassing season.
Thanks for the reply - I do hope it is a better year.

I will go right now to the Women's Bball thread and make a comment - My sons dorm room was next to a few of the women on the BBall team and said they were really nice.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I'm sure the players are nice as is the coach but nice is unfortunately a far cry from competitive. They have showed up in some games this year but been disappointing in a lot of others.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So as I see the pre-season rankings we are picked 5th which on the face of it didn't seem that bad but only 8 teams play lacrosse. So we are in the bottom half. IDK how accurate these predictions could be since they're predictions but I would like us to at least BEAT STONY BROOK. Is that too much to ask here. I wonder if people think we could be an up n coming team or have we faded into irrelevance? Also shouldn't this topic be Lacrosse 2023?? Sorry just asking.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

BTW there r a lot of people who follow lacrosse on these boards how come crickets here?? Are we that irrelevant?
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

triplec2195 wrote:So as I see the pre-season rankings we are picked 5th which on the face of it didn't seem that bad but only 8 teams play lacrosse. So we are in the bottom half. IDK how accurate these predictions could be since they're predictions but I would like us to at least BEAT STONY BROOK. Is that too much to ask here. I wonder if people think we could be an up n coming team or have we faded into irrelevance? Also shouldn't this topic be Lacrosse 2023?? Sorry just asking.
I think the team will be good and competitive in the CAA -this year. Pre-Season rankings are about last year and returning scorers and does not take into account transfers and freshmans because it is impossible to know what effect either will have on the season. The Dutch return a very good goalie and two close D starters as well the starting LSM moving down to close, they return the fogo that became the #1 fogo last year and top three SSDM's from last year. - on offence we return 112 of 150 Goals and 177 out of 222 total points. we lose to graduation Dylan McIntosh 25G and 4A and James Philbin 10G and 2A.

Last year was an injury tsunami season and they still beat both teams that ended up in the CAA championship Del. and Tow. .

No disrespect to Polito but I think the team should have a good season.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To triplec2195, The HU team is projected to MISS the CAA playoffs in May. There are no first team preseason All CAA player selections for the upcoming 2023 season. There are 3 players listed as Honorable Mention. So, the answer seems to be yes about the lessening of national and CAA relevance. I also realize that the games are won or lost on the field, and what is projected in February is often very different than what will happen in May. I really hope that this season will become a return to the HU Lax that was a ranked national program. By the way, shouldn't we start a HU Lacrosse 2023 thread.
mikey75

Post by mikey75 »

Triplec 2195 - unfortunately the answer is YES.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Depth is important
When we put in our second midfield we cant have big dropoff in talent
Where is our consistent r scoring going to come from
I would hate to see us have to limit our opponents to less than 8 goals a game
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

TY for everyone getting in some input and maybe one day I'll know this game a little better. I remember us having relevant teams. Teams that were ranked in the top 10 consistently but don't like what I have seen recently. Lets see how it shakes out this year. Maybe new leadership is around the corner.
Polito

Post by Polito »

BTW there r a lot of people who follow lacrosse on these boards how come crickets here?? Are we that irrelevant?
YEP.

No disrespect to Polito but I think the team should have a good season.
Now Dutchflid, I've been a very good boy sitting off the board for about 2 months, just minding my own business! :)

I want this program to be great again - I simply don't believe ST is the right leader to do it. And a decade plus worth of hard data supports that.

I think you and a few others have copy and pasted that same wishful comment for years - it's always 'going to be a good season' if a million and one things happen that have never happened under ST. Unfortunately the woulda coulda shoulda is strong for HU Lax under this regime.

But you have just as much right to hope as I do to be real. Looks like things are off to a predictable start, strike 1 for the wishful fans today. Hopefully an aberration and a better outcome game 2. Of course, "hope" is not a strategy though...