Women's basketball vs Monmouth Fri 2/3 7pm

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Women's basketball vs Monmouth Fri 2/3 7pm

Post by triplec2195 »

After being at the last women's game where they lost 74-55 to Hampton I was disgusted to see such poor play in the second half. We play Monmouth tonite in N.J. they're 5-5 10-11 overall we're 8-12, 2-7. IDK what to say about this team that I already haven't said ad-nausea. Hofstra's trying to set up plays resulted in 29 turnovers in the last game. I have advocated shooting from all over the court rather then passing the ball especially inside resulting in one turnover after another. As crazy as that might sound we have a chance to score if we r shooting and not turning the ball over. We will cast fate to the wind and see what happens tonight.
triplec2195

Re: Women's basketball vs Monmouth Fri 2/3 7pm

Post by triplec2195 »

We're down 30-29 at the half. It was the Thomas show for a while until they let her pick up her third foul. A close game and we have limited our turnovers but our D could have been better. We allowed quite a few and ones in the first quarter. Thomas had 10 and both Ross-Barnes and Emma had 6.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Monmouth scored the first 10 points of the fourth quarter and won 63-59. Our double-digit scorers were Brandy Thomas with 22, and Sorelle Ineza with 10. Monmouth shot poorly, but they had 11 more field goal attempts and 14 more free throw attempts. Monmouth was shooting threes 1-16 and finished 3-20.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Thanks for finishing up this post Evan I couldn't watch it anymore at least the last few minutes. If there's a way to lose u can be sure this team will find it. 19 turnovers to their 8 we committed 25 fouls to their 11. They shot 87% from the FT line and scored 20 points we shot 67% or 6-9 all three misses were from Ally Knights and in a game this close that means something. Watching this game although it was close and we were winning going into the fourth like so many games we have played this year we don't score. We score 13 points. Like I've said over and over again ad-nauseum we need our best scorers on the floor and in the last minutes Von-Essen was on the bench their best 3 point shooter. She scored 8 points 2-3 from three and 3-6 with 1 turnover and 2 assists. She did play 31 minutes but probably because Rosi didn't play which I thought hurt us in this game especially Rosi' D. While I'm overall disappointed in the play of Ally my real disappointment is down low with Swint who needs to play like her size. She needs to be the beast cut down on turnovers and take it hard to the hoop grab rebounds and block shots. IMO we're better off with Ross-Barnes in the post who did play in this game. She had 6 points as did Swint but she's more athletic and does have somewhat of a mid-range game. C'mon Hofstra stop making all these ill advised passes into the post. A turnover in the making always!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Was watching the last 4 minutes of this game and we made some tough baskets but turnovers by Ineza and the last one by Brandy Thomas who it looked like was taking the last shot had a good look at what would have been a 15 footer she for some reason passes the ball right to a Monmouth player then we had to foul. We were only down by 2 and her scoring acumen is offset a lot of the time by her just poor, poor passes. Again down by 2 you would have thought Emma would have been on the floor just no rhyme or reason IMO to the coaching philosophy. I have to assume they were going to try an drive to get an easy basket to tie the game. Seems to me that players on this team deliberately don't pass the ball to Von-Essen when she's wide open in the corner or open in the paint. Just don't get it very frustrating. Another loss in a game that they played better in and could've won.