Women's basketball vs Drexel 1/27 @6PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Women's basketball vs Drexel 1/27 @6PM

Post by triplec2195 »

We're on the road to play the pre-season favorite to win the conference who though is presently in 3rd place with a 5-2 record and 13-5 overall. This game on the face of it appears to be a huge mismatch with Drexel scoring 69 points a game and us scoring 58. They also defend a bit better then us by about a point. Can we keep this game close with the hope of getting an upset? They have the leading scorer in the conference who averages around 27 points a game the next leading scorer is 10 points behind. This is a very good basketball team who will bury us if we fall behind from the get go. I'm hoping we can keep turnovers down and shoot and hit a lot of three's. We're going to need to score a lot of points to have a chance in this game. Lets see what the game plan from our coaching staff is in this game.
triplec2195

Re: Women's basketball vs Drexel 1/27 @6PM

Post by triplec2195 »

Down 9 points already after the 1st quarter 22-13. Pathetic.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Any reason why Nicholson didn’t start? Just a lineup switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

We lost 69-57. The second half was even. We shot well.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I thought the 4th quarter was one of the best quarters they played all season. The defense was great. Unfortunately they missed a few too many shots.

I think the future is looking up a bit after today VonEssen and Gooden played well.

Hopefully they can build on the grit they showed today against a top conference team on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I saw snippets of this game yesterday and it seemed every time I saw a Hofstra possession we were trying to get the ball to Swint and turned the ball over every time.Watched the replay this morning. I'm really tired of talking about it Thomas a big offender who by now should know better when to try and get the ball inside. 19 turnovers and probably half of those self inflicted. They scored 7 points off of live ball turnovers. We did play some good D at times but too many back door cutting to the basket easy scores for them. KUDOS TO INEZA who had a very nice game hitting all her shots and played smart just wish she would get the ball to Emma who was open at times and Sorelle refused to pass her the ball?? I don't know why Rosi didn't start but it maybe motivated her to have a really nice game 10 points in 22 minutes with 3 assists and a steal. Gooden another nice game with 11 points in 16 minutes and just keeping pressure on the D by constantly taking it to the basket. Contributions from Thomas, Swint , Emma and Fargo with 6 points each. 6 boards for both Swint and Thomas as we outrebound Drexel 30-26. We can't say that too often. Really showed heart in this game as we seem to improve incrementally one game at a time. Tomorrow we will get a win. Feeling confident!