Womens basketball vs Northeastern

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Womens basketball vs Northeastern

Post by stuball888 »

Anyone going to the game today. Triple C will you be there. Getting to Hempstead around 3 today. Have to be in Suffolk till about 240 Pm. With the grandkids.
stuball888

Re: Womens basketball vs Northeastern

Post by stuball888 »

was at the game today. Had the pleasure of speaking to Brandy Thomass father.
That was the good news.
Unfortunately we fall to Northeastern 68-48.
In a nutshell NU shoots over 50% we shoot around 32%.. We are still athletically challenged.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Anyone going to the game today. Triple C will you be there. Getting to Hempstead around 3 today. Have to be in Suffolk till about 240 Pm. With the grandkids.
Yeah sorry Stu did get to the game late score was 16-15 NE. It looked like we could give them a game but before you knew it we were down by 9 at the half and things went south from there. We were outscored in the 3rd quarter by 11 some of that due to their press and our ineptness handling it and a lot of good outside shooting by them beyond the arc. This game wasn't lost because of turnovers both teams had 16 but they just flat out shot the ball better and had good three point shooting. They were more athletic at times just out rebounding us and out hustling us to get O rebounds even on missed FT's. No excuse for that. When Brandy Thomas doesn't score we have NO chance of winning. Emma had 13 Sorelle had 9 but missed a lot of shots and Ally also had 9 but got those points when the game was out of hand. Ally has shown lately she can knock down three's. They scored too many points in the paint that is just inexcusable and for our size we are just a bunch of softies inside playing without any toughness.. Swint r u listening. Where are the blocks, boxing out and the rebounds? A tough game to watch but I warned my granddaughter we probably will lose this one just didn't think it would be in blowout fashion. We need consistency and the only thing consistent here is subpar play!!
Last edited by triplec2195 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:was at the game today. Had the pleasure of speaking to Brandy Thomass father.
That was the good news.
Unfortunately we fall to Northeastern 68-48.
In a nutshell NU shoots over 50% we shoot around 32%.. We are still athletically challenged.
I've been near Brandy' father at games and he's big time vocal. Really is focused on the game and shouting out encouragement. We need more people in the stands and just more energy.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This team to sum things up gives up 61.5 points a game which is 4th in the CAA but only score 59 points a game which is 10th. We're a better defensive team then an offensive team. Yesterday we were neither. We let NE shoot the three at 55% while we shot it at 30%. NE is 8th in the CAA shooting 31% we have a higher % from beyond the arc albeit just barely at 32% but we're the number 1 team in the conference in defending it at 29%. NE is 6th at 32%. They scored almost half of their points from beyond the arc hitting 10 three's and also had 26 points in the paint to our 12. We gave them open shots and they knocked them down and we didn't box out. The only tough kid we have down low in the post is Ross-Barnes and she didn't bring her A game IMO. Swint for her size needs to play like a beast down low and we only see this once in a while. Frustrating to watch.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Triple C when it comes to stats look at conference statistics only we had one of the worst OC schedules in the country so those numbers were inflated going into conference plate. We’re giving up about 60 play points per game we’re only scoring about 52 points a game in conference that’s not going to get it done
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Triple C when it comes to stats look at conference statistics only we had one of the worst OC schedules in the country so those numbers were inflated going into conference plate. We’re giving up about 60 play points per game we’re only scoring about 52 points a game in conference that’s not going to get it done
Yes meant to look up CAA only Stu of course our OOC wasn't great for sure although Rutgers and Cleveland State decent teams. We're shooting three's decently 6th in the conference and 2nd in the CAA defending them. Yeah we're a minus 9 points a game but some of this is a bit misleading since we have had bad 4th quarter 4-5 minute meltdowns in a few games that we had a chance to win vs good teams. Coaching to blame, chemistry? As I've said many times here we are offensively challenged. We play respectful D but don't score enough. Teams have shut down Thomas and we haven't been able to make up for her missed points. Our best 3 point shooter Emma hasn't been afforded enough minutes. I think if the kids don't come out hitting their shots they find themselves on the bench all too often Emma for instance, yesterday Rosi only played 12 minutes and the coach rode Emma and Ineza. I have watched a lot of games this year and have been to a lot. Too much trying to feed Swint inside when she draws a lot of attention. There have been numerous turnovers with this approach trying to thread the needle and get her the ball when three defenders collapse on her. I would rather see us hoist three's where we have more of a chance to score rather then turning the ball over. I like the drive and dish to Swint if she can get a handle on the ball. If she gets fouled she's not very clutch on the FT line shooting 50%. The coach needs s scoring and she has to play her best O players otherwise they will continue to lose unless Brandy has an over the top game.